Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Maybe I'm Crazy?

More
06 Jun 2011 01:49 #1 by Teri_83
Replied by Teri_83 on topic Re: Maybe I'm Crazy?
Oh yeah! I would be a lot more excited if someone was talking to him!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RubyRedHearts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jun 2011 01:47 #2 by RubyRedHearts
Replied by RubyRedHearts on topic Re: Maybe I'm Crazy?
Oh, okay. I was thinking he actually gave you a name.

More
06 Jun 2011 01:43 #3 by Teri_83
The name was just because he asked me who it was, so trying to be light hearted said "I don't know. I guess Herman Noname."

• RubyRedHearts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jun 2011 01:35 #4 by RubyRedHearts
It sounds like he's seeing / communicating with something pretty clearly to have a name.

More
06 Jun 2011 01:32 #5 by Teri_83
Yeah. I don't bring it up if he doesn't. When the thing fell yesterday and he wanted to see it, I went with him. I refered to whoever did it as Herman Noname.

More
06 Jun 2011 01:29 #6 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Maybe I'm Crazy?
Its always difficult when dealing with younger children in any situation that could involve the paranormal. You don't ever want to approach it in a way which will scare them. But at the same time you don't want to encourage farther exploration. At that age they're just not ready for that, although they're probably more open to seeing and experiencing things.

At times it may just let them draw what they're afraid of, and then reassure them that you're there for them. Children can sense our fear, so you must be careful to bring yourself to a good place as well before you talk to them about it. Spirits and the paranormal do not have to be something to fear, but rather something to deal with just as you would anything else unwanted in your house.

More
06 Jun 2011 01:27 #7 by Teri_83
The peek-a-boo happened when he was very small. My husband asked him what he said was flying and gave us a confused look and stopped talking about it. He was newly 2 when it happened (maybe 6 months ago). When things fall he'll take me to see "what's that" or he'll ask "who's upstairs?" I don't think he understands it.

• RubyRedHearts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jun 2011 01:21 #8 by RubyRedHearts
I have a random question, and I know this might be a touchy subject. Would it be at all possible to ask your son to describe to the best of his ability what he saw flying around and who he was playing peek-a-boo with? (If you haven't already done so?)

More
05 Jun 2011 16:13 #9 by Teri_83
Wow! All the support is amazing! Thank you!
I agree there are a number of things going on. I would not doubt that there is someone attached to the land. I've only been here 2 1/2 years and I've always had things happen to me. I am discovering that my community was involved with the Civil War, so I'm considering that as a possibility. As far as I know no one has ever died in the house. It was built in the late 70s and the previous owners were the 2nd family to live here (or so I've been told).
My best friend (from childhood) is convinced I'm being followed. I also have dead family, which if I am being followed I'd rather it be family than just some random spirit. lol
I agree that a good amount of skepticism is good. Having an open mind means being open to all possibilities.
I am totally open to communicating. I think for the most part whoever this is, they are not bad, just a little pushy. There is someone/thing that scares my 2 y/o and he went from sleeping in his room to having a panic attack when we try to put him to sleep in his room. He also seems to be awakened by someone/thing at times when I'm not. My son does see someone who he is not afraid of. When he was sleeping in his room, I would here him playing peek-a-boo. Yesterday when something was knocked over in the kitchen, he took me by the hand to see who did it. He has also pointed out someone/thing "flying in the sky" in our dining room.

More
05 Jun 2011 14:34 #10 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Maybe I'm Crazy?

Teri_83 wrote: I came here to talk to people who can relate and not judge. (Not my skeptical husband.)

Some skepticism is good, it helps weed through to the real meat of the situation so to speak. But you always have to approach things with an open mind. Not doing so, you miss out on great information and potentially never find the truth.

Glad to have you here.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Features