Login

Dowsing Rods during Investigation

More
29 Oct 2011 09:19 #1 by Paranormal Researcher
Before this video I have heard just a little bit about Dowsing rods. I had the privilege to go to a ghost gathering a few weeks ago and there a gentleman talked a little bit about them and said that we could ask him to find stuff if we wished after the program. I kick my self in the bottom every day for not trying it out and investigating it more. So I have never had any experience with them but I would love to give it a try. But where I am there is a lack of places so to speak of where I can get them. One question I have is there any way to make them at home using household items that might be laying around like a metal coat hanger rod or anything else that might work? Or perhaps locations in Montana that might sell them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2011 21:05 #2 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Yes i totally agree with you and i am intrigued by this.
i would like to learn more about dowsing.

More
25 Oct 2011 20:17 #3 by crystalcross

Ocean County Paranormal Research wrote: Skeptics believe that that dowsing has no power of its own. but is merely just a slight movment
of the hand witch they call a phenomenon, called (ideomotor effect) as for me i have never used
dowsing and i find it very interesting.

Well, I could go along with that in some part except that does not explain how the holder would find things that he has no idea where they are. In example water. Those type of examples are too repeatable to be simply coincidence.

This is one of those instances where science breaks down and must tip its hat to observation until it can find more detailed explanations.

More
25 Oct 2011 17:38 #4 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Skeptics believe that that dowsing has no power of its own. but is merely just a slight movment
of the hand witch they call a phenomenon, called (ideomotor effect) as for me i have never used
dowsing and i find it very interesting.

someone had said they use one made of brass, is this the best choice of metal?
i have seen them made with copper,

More
25 Oct 2011 12:01 - 25 Oct 2011 12:12 #5 by Keith

Yes sir, it helped. Maybe I need to take both Rod and Bob with me on future adventures. At least if my wife takes them, I'll know she doesn't have a couple of boyfriends on the side. Lol. :huh:

LOL. I have been experimenting with them (Rods & Bobs) myself in this area. I am finding they are coming along well but this is new to both of us (the rods and I) so I believe that as we work on the spirit world more and more they can be fine-tuned for this use as well.

A short true story about the rods.

Five years ago my neighbor who has horses lost her mother's diamond engagement ring sometime during her day. She was devastated to say the least. Her son called me and asked if I could try to locate the ring. I had never used the rods for this but I offered to try. I asked her to start with a walk thru of her normal day and when done I began. I asked the rods, Please find a gold and diamond ring then the search itself began. House, lawn, pasture etc etc with the frantic woman hot on my heels.

Disappointment washed over her face as we had gone over every inch of the normal routine of her day. She went into the house with a tear in her eye as I talked to her son and asked him. Where else does you mom go in a day? He shook his head and then looked up saying every other day she goes to the barn to get hay.

Five steps into the barn I had a hit and under three inches of loose hay I found her ring. Coincidence? Perhaps but I truly believed the rods would find that ring and I was not disappointed.

His mom's face lit up when I handed her mother's ring to her. She had never heard of the rods before but the rods I get a thank you note every year on the 3rd of October.

Keith
Last edit: 25 Oct 2011 12:12 by Keith.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Oct 2011 23:57 #6 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Re: Dowsing Rods during Investigation

Keith wrote:

Nope, I honestly didn't know who/what Bob is. I was trying to be funny but learn something at the same time.

Thanks.

Steven,

Now I'm glad I left a description of what a bob is. I hope it helped.

A day without learning something new is a wasted day in my mind.

Keith

Yes sir, it helped. Maybe I need to take both Rod and Bob with me on future adventures. At least if my wife takes them, I'll know she doesn't have a couple of boyfriends on the side. Lol. :huh:

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Oct 2011 23:54 #7 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote:

Keith wrote:

Nope, I honestly didn't know who/what Bob is. I was trying to be funny but learn something at the same time.

Thanks.

Boy that'll teach me to assume... :D :D

I'm glad I have a big mouth, cause else these size 12's would not easily fit.

Yeah, where would we be without your mouth CC? A little less physics ejamacated, that's where. :silly:

More
24 Oct 2011 22:49 #8 by crystalcross

Keith wrote:

Thanks.

Boy that'll teach me to assume... :D :D

I'm glad I have a big mouth, cause else these size 12's would not easily fit.

More
24 Oct 2011 22:08 #9 by Keith

Thanks.

Steven,

Now I'm glad I left a description of what a bob is. I hope it helped.

A day without learning something new is a wasted day in my mind.

Keith

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Oct 2011 19:15 #10 by Steven Matrix

Keith wrote:

crystalcross wrote: Keith,

I think Steve knows what a Bob is, he was being humorous. I'm glad that this little video excerpt sparked a conversation on Dowsing. Its a great subject, and one which has various levels of beliefs.

I think you are all correct and there is most definitely something to it. There are too many various cultures who believe in it, and too much evidence that it does work for it to be a fluke. Don't know the how's or why's behind it though, which always bugs me. I'm just one of those guys that finds it hard to accept just that something works, I have to take it apart and watch the gears move. :) Needless to say my room was a mess of broken toys when I was a kid. But I was able to put most of them back together again. The rest of them I was able to sweep under the carpet. :)

Seriously though, it really fascinates me. Actually I would think that a considerable amount of paranormal investigation has some hooks in dowsing. Even the EMF meters are considered digital dowsing. I think dowsing rods and someone who knows how to use them are a valuable addition to any investigation.

crystalcross.

I think Steve knows what a Bob is.

Yeah, I figured that too, but others may not know so I figured I would do a short synopsis none the less.

Dowsing is like anything else that people don't understand. Long ago I realized that some things defy explanation by rational thought. Yet experiences prove that the unexplainable does indeed exist. So we either chose to except or reject that which we cannot see, touch, or hear. Each to his or her own choices.

I grew up a bit different than most, I learned early in life we don't always get to understand that which occurs to or around us. I guess we can chalk it up to perspective... LOL

As long as we don't forget to seek answers any path that brings us knowledge, understanding and truth is a good path.

Keith

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds

Features