Login

Videos

Sleeping Choke

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jun 2011 21:09 #1 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: Sleeping Choke
Danny you are so welcome here! Many of us, myself included have had scary unexplainable experiences. It took great courage to share that story and I commend and thank you. I'm sure you know by now but I'll tell you again...if you ever have any questions, you know where to find your new family!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2011 19:31 #2 by sixsense
Replied by sixsense on topic Re: Sleeping Choke
wow, great story Danny...welcome to our world...:)

More
24 Jun 2011 13:08 #3 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Sleeping Choke
Wow what a story. This sounds very terrifying. Hopefully this doesn't happen again and no affect your lives that way.

More
24 Jun 2011 06:29 #4 by dannykinns
Sleeping Choke was created by dannykinns
July 22, 1999 - Vallejo, CA
Private Resident
Old 1800s Victorian Home
my Age: 9
Witnesses: Me & my sister

I remembered this one like it was yesterday. And I dare not tell this one again in front of my older sister. The event that took place happened only in one night and was never again mentioned. As far as this home where it took place, it belonged to my aunts and uncles. This particular home was right next to another home that somehow my grandparents also owned. So basically, the elders owned two homes in this neighborhood. All on my dad's side.

It was one night that my sister and I decided we wanted to spend the night at our aunt's home since we didn't want to sleep over at our neighboring grandparents' house since it was boring and we wanted to stay up. It was 10pm, and our aunts and uncles normally are nurses stationed at the county hospital all night long so we had the home to ourselves. We stayed up and slept in the living room on a fold-up bed couch. We watched tv and ate junk food and chat like nothing. However I been getting chills and this sense of uncomfortableness throughout the night but I never mentioned it.

Now we decided to shut eyes and I slept like a baby at 12am. It was until around 1:20am time period that I opened my eyes to find my arm being grabbed. My heart went into a swirling of hard beatings and my head was confused. I turned to my side and saw what made me more confused. It was my sister. Her expression was in a frenzy. She was telling me something but I was half-awake and all this startling got me lost. I managed to regain my senses and told her to calm down. But her persistent grabbing of my arm made me nervous. I managed to ask what was going on.

"Danny! Something tried to choke me!!!" she said.
"And..are you ok?" I replied.
"No! I tried waking you up but I couldn't move!! I grabbed your arm and shook you while I was being pinned down! It wouldn't let me get up until you woke up!!!!" she said.

She let go of my arm and she jumped out of bed, trying to catch her breath, and at this moment, I WAS scared to death. Who would've thought being choked in your awake while your little sibling is sound asleep and not hearing it was horrifying???? It was scary enough for her.

I sat up, trying to regain my level headed. I looked at her and I asked if it wasn't one of her asthma episodes and she was so upset that she yelled at me with a NO. I was trying to think logic and be rational but seeing my sister drew tears kept me quiet. I looked around the living room, it felt heavy in the air but I didn't know what that meant back then.

From then on, we didn't have the option to run out of the house or call since our grandparents are sound asleep in the other house (we were young and running into the streets at night was ALREADY scary enough too) and our relatives' phones were off. So our only means of method was turn on ALL of the lights and had the tv on loud showing cartoons to settle our nerves. It was a scary night until dawn broke out.

At 7am, my sister and I ran for it, and when we left the front door, I felt a force pulling ME back and I gasped so hard that I had this adrenaline rush to sprint off the patio steps. We ran to our grandparents' home and rang their doorbell like crazy. We told them what happened.

Later that day, my grandmother decided to tell me and my sister an incident that took place at the other home. She told us a story about my grandpa's brother. As the story goes, in 1997 he was diagnosed diabetic. But he had a condition where he had to lose both legs due to his diabetes. Two months after losing his legs, he committed suicide by shooting himself in the head right where WE slept on in the living room!!

Then my grandmother told me it wasn't no surprise that what happened to my sister was normal.
My sister and I looked at each other in the eyes. It was the last night we slept there. We would hang but never sleep there.

Aftermath: During our time away from Vallejo, our cousins came and lived there. Same experiences and choking hazards. In April of 2001, the family decided to have a local Catholic priest blessed the home. The question as to WHY they only removed the hauntings out of the house NOW was never spoken. My dad's side of the family were skeptics (not including my grandparents) but my sister and I were not.

To this day, I always wondered what if it not the spirit of my grandpa's brother? What if it was another entity? What I felt that night and the morning it pulled me had a darker presence. My grandparents passed away in 2008 and 2009. A year later, my aunts and uncles, managing both homes ended up in foreclosure. Those two homes were rich in history and many of my dad's family tree grew and died there. If we still had the homes, I would have taken the chance to visit now that I was more older and more prepared.

A year later after my sister's experience, she had the same thing only it was at our own home. But for now I'll have to stop here. I'll continue on my other experiences of the haunting soon.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Features