Login

Videos

Kirk to Enterprise - Beam me Up!

More
09 Feb 2012 20:14 #11 by Peek-A-Boo

spookydave wrote: It's probably not on Google as it's actually a 23rd Century scientific term that hasn't been invented yet, but has somehow been channelled back to you in the 21st century. Sorted! You've just become a billionare ;) The names Dave by the way and I'll be your best friend.

OMG, LMAO. This is the best response of all :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2012 20:10 #12 by spookydave
It's probably not on Google as it's actually a 23rd Century scientific term that hasn't been invented yet, but has somehow been channelled back to you in the 21st century. Sorted! You've just become a billionare ;) The names Dave by the way and I'll be your best friend.

More
09 Feb 2012 01:53 #13 by RXRom
While you were thinking of oatmeal and mush. Its an ingredient in oatmeal that may be using an alias name just to throw you off. Thats a complicated word just even to remember. That can make anyone sit down and go Hmmm.

More
09 Feb 2012 01:52 - 09 Feb 2012 01:55 #14 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I agree, one of your muses is trying to tell you something. You have the background to do something about it.

So, diethyl cyano phosphates are nerve agent simulants. That's what I got so far. What that means to you, I dunno:
Last edit: 09 Feb 2012 01:55 by Tresses Of Nephthys.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2012 01:04 #15 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Kirk to Enterprise - Beam me Up!

crystalcross wrote: So, since we're all in a bit of a sharing mood here these days. I figured I would share an experience while it's still fresh in my noggin. So let me first lay some groundwork. I'm a Physics major from my college days, I'm an IT professional and Entrepreneur in the business world and my closest claim-to-fame in anything that deals with chemistry is that I got a 3.8 in my college chemistry tests. Anything beyond that, is just conjecture.

So, here I am coming home after a long day at work. I am feeling particularly tired today so I figure what better way to relax and just wind down than a nice shower. I clear my mind, relax and start to go take my shower. I'll spare you the rub-a-dub-dub details.

As I'm relaxing in the steaming water, my brain pretty much roasting somewhere between well cooked oatmeal and mush... Out of absolutely nowhere a word or phrase comes into my mind with extreme vigor. Suddenly I am completely obsessed with the word "Organic Cyanophosphates"! So, now here I am in the shower, with a noggin full of Organic Cyanophosphates, forgive me if I spell it wrong I found it hard to say much less spell. I have no clue what I am repeating over and over again in my mind, but I know I should remember it. I even have a feeling like I should know exactly what its all about rather than changelessly wondering what the heck it is.

Like an idiot, I keep repeating it in my head over and over again because I know for sure once I don't say it it will promptly dissapear like the notion of what I had for dinner the night before. You have to understand, I'm rapidly approaching 50 and at times wonder if I'm not a great candidate for Alzheimer trials, cause don't ask me what we were talking about only 2 hours ago. So the fact that this behemoth of a phrase is stuck in my craw amazes me to no end.

So the first thing that comes to my mind in an almost "William Shatner" or "Captain Kirk" style fashion is... "Must.. Get... to.. Google!"

Needless to say after I died off, rush to my computer and googled it. I find that even after reading a plethora of Wikipedia, Google, and other texts which completely explain (I'm sore to someone) what it is, I'm no closer to knowing what it is than I was before. But I do know, that its highly likely that it did not simply spontaneously form in my head.

Just one of those things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm".

Could be something you yourself are supposed to come up with. Let me know when you start selling stock in it.

More
09 Feb 2012 00:54 #16 by Peek-A-Boo
those damn showers LOL Maybe it was organic cannabis :ohmy:

More
09 Feb 2012 00:24 #17 by crystalcross
So, since we're all in a bit of a sharing mood here these days. I figured I would share an experience while it's still fresh in my noggin. So let me first lay some groundwork. I'm a Physics major from my college days, I'm an IT professional and Entrepreneur in the business world and my closest claim-to-fame in anything that deals with chemistry is that I got a 3.8 in my college chemistry tests. Anything beyond that, is just conjecture.

So, here I am coming home after a long day at work. I am feeling particularly tired today so I figure what better way to relax and just wind down than a nice shower. I clear my mind, relax and start to go take my shower. I'll spare you the rub-a-dub-dub details.

As I'm relaxing in the steaming water, my brain pretty much roasting somewhere between well cooked oatmeal and mush... Out of absolutely nowhere a word or phrase comes into my mind with extreme vigor. Suddenly I am completely obsessed with the word "Organic Cyanophosphates"! So, now here I am in the shower, with a noggin full of Organic Cyanophosphates, forgive me if I spell it wrong I found it hard to say much less spell. I have no clue what I am repeating over and over again in my mind, but I know I should remember it. I even have a feeling like I should know exactly what its all about rather than changelessly wondering what the heck it is.

Like an idiot, I keep repeating it in my head over and over again because I know for sure once I don't say it it will promptly dissapear like the notion of what I had for dinner the night before. You have to understand, I'm rapidly approaching 50 and at times wonder if I'm not a great candidate for Alzheimer trials, cause don't ask me what we were talking about only 2 hours ago. So the fact that this behemoth of a phrase is stuck in my craw amazes me to no end.

So the first thing that comes to my mind in an almost "William Shatner" or "Captain Kirk" style fashion is... "Must.. Get... to.. Google!"

Needless to say after I died off, rush to my computer and googled it. I find that even after reading a plethora of Wikipedia, Google, and other texts which completely explain (I'm sore to someone) what it is, I'm no closer to knowing what it is than I was before. But I do know, that its highly likely that it did not simply spontaneously form in my head.

Just one of those things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm".

Time to create page: 0.708 seconds

Features