Login

Videos

Expanding G&H into a Investigation Network

More
11 Sep 2012 03:14 #11 by iburyem
Sounds pretty neat, i would love to see how this progresses!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2012 00:38 #12 by zydecopolka
Sounds fantastic to me, CC! If I weren't half a world away I'd volunteer, my organizational skills are off the charts. I wish you all the best of luck in this endeavor. I definitely look forward to reading about the progress if you all decide to see it through.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Sep 2012 14:27 #13 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Expanding G&H into a Investigation Network
Bump for Maria.

More
09 Sep 2012 15:26 #14 by Profett
There's enough here in Tampa to keep busy for months. Ybor cigar factory, the Tampa theater, and many many more locations.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Sep 2012 14:01 #15 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Expanding G&H into a Investigation Network

crystalcross wrote: I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I've been mulling over an idea over the last few months and am going to start putting the pieces into motion shortly. I'm going to expand the Ghosts & Haunts Community website and branch out into multiple investigation groups.

For the last few years I've pretty much held off on investigation in favor of simply providing support. Well now I think its time to merge the two and form a network of centrally managed investigators with a host of support resources available to all the groups.

I'll be doing this in stages. The first stage will be forming 2-4 Florida and Georgia based investigation groups and also the core support and management network.

I'm putting this out there because I want folks to starting thinking if they would be interested in applying for a position with one of these groups or with the central core. Or as a permanent resource.

As I start to finalize the plans I will give more detail as to the positions and spots available. But as I see it now I'll have a Melbourne, FL and a Tampa, FL team. Possibly also a Miami and Pensacola team. Each team will have several investigators, a team manager, a permanent or shared sensitive resource. Each team will have some standard tech, and we'll also create a central cache of shared tech for bigger investigations.

Each time will be given resources for Live investigations, and will be trained by a central core support group. Each team will be responsible for tactical management and investigation logistics.

The central group will handle strategic management, marketing, public relations, research, training and managing funds (if there are any). These will all be volunteer positions until such time that the entity becomes a not for profit corporation and has funding asserts.

I'm hoping that this will allow enough autonomy to the local groups, while still being able to share from the benefits for a central management structure.

To those individuals interested in applying once the application is opened to the public. It will require some travel. I would ask that if you consider a position other than a core group position, you select one with a team that is close to where you live. Also I know that many of you are already in groups or teams, which I have no problem with. Only thing I ask is that all teams you're a member of are aware and that you have the time to commit to the effort. Obviously any evidence gathered in any given investigation would be proprietary to that investigation. We would not expect you to share information gathered with another group and visa-versa unless the management of all groups agree to it.

In the core group I'll be looking for the following titles (subject to change):

CEO (likely me)
CFO (someone specializing in accounting and being an organization treasurer)
Director of Marketing - someone who is great at marketing, digital and otherwise.
Director of Public Relations - someone who is excellent with the public, PR minded, and has experience interfacing with other public entities.
someone good with accounting, someone great at marketing and public relations,

The Director or Marketing and Director of Public Relations roles could possibly be combined.

Director of Photography - Responsible for Training, Educating and Photographic research. Also for working with the Marketing Director to coordinate with photographic supply companies.

Director of Videography - Responsible for all things Video. Creating video productions, training, and research. Again must work closely with Director of PR for release of Video productions.

Director of Paranormal Science - This to me sounds like one of the most fun positions on the core team. This position is responsible for researching, creating, testing, building, prototyping new paranormal gear. Also for maintaining existing gear, and providing the teams with proper and complete training. Will work with Director of Marketing to contact tech vendors.

Director of Team Resources - probably the most daunting position. This position will be responsible for coordinating with all the teams, making sure needs are met and coordinating resources as needed. Will work close with all other core team members.

Additionally the Core Team should have several other resources:

2 Paranormal Mediums and Sensitives, trained in paranormal Research, Crossing spirits, and having at least 5-10 years experience. These individuals will be the primary resource for the individual teams. Each team will likely have their own sensitive, but those sensitives many not be trained in crossing spirits or may not have the full compliment of experience. That's where these resources come into play.

2 Video Production experts, these resources will be responsible under the Director of Videography for creating the bulk of the production quality videos when the need arises.

3-4 Evidence Researchers - Level 1 -- these resources will be available to the teams for going over the audio and video evidence looking for areas of interest. Once found they can be marked and then gone over by the individual teams.

1-2 Evidence Resarchers - Expert -- these are the resources who will upon request of the teams go over the evidence highlighted by the Level 1 researchers to make a determination or recommendation.

So far these are the positions I've come up with for the core group. Each of the individual teams will also have several resources which can be augmented by the core resources upon request. I would like to ensure most of the core positions can also double as an investigator if needed by the teams.

Just throwing this out there as a starting point. And I'm hoping it stirs some interest. This can only work if enough interest is found with qualified individuals to fill all the positions.

I'm also open to hearing your thoughts if you think this will not work or if its a bad idea. After all, the whole point is to try to improve not to confuse or make things worse.

An awesome idea CC. I've seen big things with this site for quite some time. I look forward to seeing this site evolve and am glad to be a part of it.

More
09 Sep 2012 03:24 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys

More
08 Sep 2012 17:04 - 08 Sep 2012 17:16 #17 by crystalcross
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I've been mulling over an idea over the last few months and am going to start putting the pieces into motion shortly. I'm going to expand the Ghosts & Haunts Community website and branch out into multiple investigation groups.

For the last few years I've pretty much held off on investigation in favor of simply providing support. Well now I think its time to merge the two and form a network of centrally managed investigators with a host of support resources available to all the groups.

I'll be doing this in stages. The first stage will be forming 2-4 Florida and Georgia based investigation groups and also the core support and management network.

I'm putting this out there because I want folks to starting thinking if they would be interested in applying for a position with one of these groups or with the central core. Or as a permanent resource.

As I start to finalize the plans I will give more detail as to the positions and spots available. But as I see it now I'll have a Melbourne, FL and a Tampa, FL team. Possibly also a Miami and Pensacola team. Each team will have several investigators, a team manager, a permanent or shared sensitive resource. Each team will have some standard tech, and we'll also create a central cache of shared tech for bigger investigations.

Each time will be given resources for Live investigations, and will be trained by a central core support group. Each team will be responsible for tactical management and investigation logistics.

The central group will handle strategic management, marketing, public relations, research, training and managing funds (if there are any). These will all be volunteer positions until such time that the entity becomes a not for profit corporation and has funding asserts.

I'm hoping that this will allow enough autonomy to the local groups, while still being able to share from the benefits for a central management structure.

To those individuals interested in applying once the application is opened to the public. It will require some travel. I would ask that if you consider a position other than a core group position, you select one with a team that is close to where you live. Also I know that many of you are already in groups or teams, which I have no problem with. Only thing I ask is that all teams you're a member of are aware and that you have the time to commit to the effort. Obviously any evidence gathered in any given investigation would be proprietary to that investigation. We would not expect you to share information gathered with another group and visa-versa unless the management of all groups agree to it.

In the core group I'll be looking for the following titles (subject to change):

CEO (likely me)
CFO (someone specializing in accounting and being an organization treasurer)
Director of Marketing - someone who is great at marketing, digital and otherwise.
Director of Public Relations - someone who is excellent with the public, PR minded, and has experience interfacing with other public entities.
someone good with accounting, someone great at marketing and public relations,

The Director or Marketing and Director of Public Relations roles could possibly be combined.

Director of Photography - Responsible for Training, Educating and Photographic research. Also for working with the Marketing Director to coordinate with photographic supply companies.

Director of Videography - Responsible for all things Video. Creating video productions, training, and research. Again must work closely with Director of PR for release of Video productions.

Director of Paranormal Science - This to me sounds like one of the most fun positions on the core team. This position is responsible for researching, creating, testing, building, prototyping new paranormal gear. Also for maintaining existing gear, and providing the teams with proper and complete training. Will work with Director of Marketing to contact tech vendors.

Director of Team Resources - probably the most daunting position. This position will be responsible for coordinating with all the teams, making sure needs are met and coordinating resources as needed. Will work close with all other core team members.

Additionally the Core Team should have several other resources:

2 Paranormal Mediums and Sensitives, trained in paranormal Research, Crossing spirits, and having at least 5-10 years experience. These individuals will be the primary resource for the individual teams. Each team will likely have their own sensitive, but those sensitives many not be trained in crossing spirits or may not have the full compliment of experience. That's where these resources come into play.

2 Video Production experts, these resources will be responsible under the Director of Videography for creating the bulk of the production quality videos when the need arises.

3-4 Evidence Researchers - Level 1 -- these resources will be available to the teams for going over the audio and video evidence looking for areas of interest. Once found they can be marked and then gone over by the individual teams.

1-2 Evidence Resarchers - Expert -- these are the resources who will upon request of the teams go over the evidence highlighted by the Level 1 researchers to make a determination or recommendation.

So far these are the positions I've come up with for the core group. Each of the individual teams will also have several resources which can be augmented by the core resources upon request. I would like to ensure most of the core positions can also double as an investigator if needed by the teams.

Just throwing this out there as a starting point. And I'm hoping it stirs some interest. This can only work if enough interest is found with qualified individuals to fill all the positions.

I'm also open to hearing your thoughts if you think this will not work or if its a bad idea. After all, the whole point is to try to improve not to confuse or make things worse.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2012 17:16 by crystalcross.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Features