Videos

The long march

• Grupo Alpha
  • Grupo Alpha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Aug 2011 22:14 #1 by Grupo Alpha
The long march was created by Grupo Alpha

The most popular writer of horror literature in the world before us in this novel he wrote under the pseudonym Richard Bachman, a gripping tale of science fiction and horror where reality is more gruesome than the supernatural.
The scene: An ultra-conservative society in the not too distant future ...
The event: The most extraordinary sporting competition, a grueling march where every setback can last ...
Competitors: The flower of youth, hundred teenagers determined to pass over the bodies of their companions to reach the goal ...
The prize: A fortune in money, fame and everything you could want for the sole survivor.

Nightwind: This time, the comment you have it twice. I recognize that not all King fascinates me, though admittedly has more of a truly remarkable novel. We are facing a work apparently "minor", but fascinating. The setting, a "United States alternative" totalitarian (Are we far from the reality that we have been living?)
The march starts at the Canadian border, for 100 young, I remember that between the ages of 12 and 18 years and should continue until only one remains. The system of "selection" for the ride is brutal. Participants who fail to keep up, (can not stop, can not walk 6.5 km to less than an hour and not allowed to leave the competition, then you know when you start you have a 1% chance of survival) or try to gain some advantage or break the rules, are eliminated by the military body that follows. (It reminds me of some work that proliferates much in these times of crisis ...) During the march, there are alliances "of convenience", as some sincere friendships. Every metaphor is worth reviewing, in times like these .... endure, survive, why? If at the end of the march and not a person. At the conclusion of the reading I did not clear whether the top prize had not been shot in the head. The novel reminded me a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Features