Login

Videos

Spiritual Health

More
04 Jan 2012 22:18 #1 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Spiritual Health
Great post, keep up the good work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeslieAValentin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 20:38 - 04 Jan 2012 20:43 #2 by LeslieAValentin
Do you have a:

- Sense of being overwhelmed in groups

- Your mood and/or emotions changes to the atmosphere surrounding you

- Sense of feeling ambushed or violated spiritually when in large groups

- Headaches, fatigue, and other ailments present when around others

- Feel like you are carrying someone else's burdens and you don't even know them

- Enter a home or other building and you are suddenly hit with dread, sadness, or another emotion

- Don't know how to turn off the "noise" around you

Do one or more of these descriptions make sense to you? If so, then some spiritual health 101 might help.

It can be frustrating when you walk into your job or place of worship or perhaps a home or store and you pick up something not being right or the emotions of another that is around you. It can be disabling when you start getting sick from the energies that are surrounding your being. Also, one can begin to feel like they are emotionally or spiritually losing it or becoming crazy if that "off" switch can't be flipped.

Understand that most have the ability to pick up on things that aren't "right" around them. It is also easy to get caught up in to the point where your mood turns south or you become emotional. But many do not know how to separate themselves from the energies of others and stay in their own positive light.

Here are some tips that can help ease the "suffering" inflicted by others, places and things.

Be aware of your emotional state when you are getting your day started. How are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually? Identifying where you are at first can help you prepare for the day. Some questions to ask yourself are:

- Did I get enough sleep last night and was it a restful sleep?

- Am I upset or stressed about something in life? (ie.- finances, children, new or current job, deadlines to meet, etc.)

- Do I have "me" time to unwind and relax with that does not interfere with bedtime, family time or career?

- Am I sick or feeling like I am coming down with something?

- Have I properly nurished myself?

In establishing your own spiritual health, you must first honestly assess where you are at in your own space. This is essential to know before you go out into the world or around your family. And, knowing where you stand before you come in contact with your family, co-workers, or strangers out in public is the first key in taking charge of your ability to handle other situations.

Once you have assessed your own status and have met your needs or have taken into consideration that you perhaps are not feeling 100 percent, you can make that mental note in your head that this is how you are feeling and you have put on your first part of your spiritual armor. In addition, knowing where you stand allows you to present yourself to others with more care. This might or can include more patience, extra time, more rest, etc.

When entering your day, remember you can restart your day at any time. This is in your control to do. Understanding that nobody has the right to make you feel less than you are is important. If you allow others to tarnish your day and the situation is not even yours to own, do not give someone the power to influence your mood. Often, people are not even aware that they do allow others to effect them and the persons effecting them are not even aware that they are presenting an emotional or spiritual issue for you. Take charge of how you feel and while you can be empathetic or sympathetic to another's emotions, they are not yours to own, so don't try to. The weight of the world can quickly overwhelm you and throw you from a positive stance.

Taking time for yourself is important. Whether you choose to use this time to write in your diary or journal to soaking in the tub or just curling up in a chair with a book and cup of soothing tea; to neglect "me" time can be comparative to not treating an infection and the end results would be that it only gets worse. Time for self allows you to regroup, breathe, relax and meditate.

If you are out and about and you start feeling ambushed, violated or overwhelmed; take a time out. Go to your car, the bathroom, a break room, or any other place where you can take a few minutes to regroup and assess what is going on. Obviously if you are work, you can't just say to the boss, "You are all stressing me out, I'm going home.", but you can get up, stretch your legs, go fix a cup of coffee or tea, and take those few minutes to calm down and compose yourself.

It doesn't matter what you are religiously or not (ie.- Christian, Buddist, Wiccan, Athiest). Regardless of what you pray to, meditation and self preservation is practiced world-wide. Finding your peace, your white light, your aura, your energy; which ever you choose to call it is imperative to your keeping a healthy and positive grace within yourself when you are alone or out in public. Building your self-esteem and love for self and being comfortable in your own skin is also important. This can be done despite your weight, height, color, creed and creed.

Being in tune with what is around you is important. Being spiritually healthy is even more important. Be kind to yourself each day and remember also that the only mountains in your path are the mole hills that you envisioned being bigger than they actually are.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 20:43 by LeslieAValentin. Reason: a smiley face keeps showing up that I can't seem to find and remove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross, grandmaducky, Peek-A-Boo, kirlybab, HauntedSomerset

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Features