Login

Videos

Tips on being Sensitive and Empathetic

More
23 Jun 2011 08:17 #1 by dannykinns
This is very insightful, Leslie! Very great tips, something one should not go without.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2011 03:40 #2 by Kit911
Thank you so much for the help and advise I truly appreciate it, and yes I know its her once I got centered and listened carefully and tried not to jump out of my skin, I heard Girl I'm happy. I know my dads been around since about 3 weeks before she passed. The one shadow that worries me a little and again it may be a lack of experience but its a dark shadown and it rushes me and its normally in my kitchen, the room gets really cold and I feel like someone is in the room with me when I turn I catch a flash of black its about half the length of my body and its a big shadow. Don't know what it wants but the whispering gets really loud and I get a horrible headache? Is it wanting to do me harm? It's not all the time either I'd say it happens about 6 times in a month, and it only seems to come in when I'm in there in the daytime. At times at night I hear foot steps going up the stairs and the dog gets that deep predator growl but won't go into the hallway.

Any advise you or anyone else can give me I will truly appreciate. I do have crosses and holy water throughout my home.

More
22 Jun 2011 22:13 #3 by SammyMadrox
Very helpful post! :) I actually bookmarked it, thanks a lot.

More
22 Jun 2011 05:01 #4 by LeslieAValentin
Kit,

First, I want to offer my condolences to you and your family of your mother-in-law.

I read your note, and it sounds like you are beyond overwhelmed. Try and take some time for you and please communicate how you are feeling to your husband. If he is made aware of your exhaustion, he will be able to better understand and hopefully provide you some extra support as you recoup.

In regards to the whispers and shadows. Are you able to understand what the whispers are saying? Write down times you hear them and if you can understand them, write what is being said. An answer might not be immediate, but it is also possible that due to the overload you have experienced in recent weeks, that you might not be rested enough to truly focus on what is being said. What are the shadows doing? Do they follow you or are they at a glimpse of an eye, and, what color are the shadows.

It very well may be your mother in law trying to communicate with you, to let you know she is alright, or just making her rounds. This is a common thing that happens in the weeks following the passing of someone. However, in order to deal with all of this you need to find a way to rest and recharge your own energy. You are good to nobody, including yourself, unless you have had a chance to regroup.

I hope this has perhaps helped you some for now at least. We are all here and all you need do is seek us out. We'll respond.

Have a good evening and may you sleep with Angels protection tonight for a peaceful slumber.

Leslie

More
22 Jun 2011 04:09 #5 by Kit911
Thank you so much for posting the article, it's been a rough three weeks with dealing with whispers and shadows, I'm so drained all the time, sleep only happens if I take something. We had a very ill mother in law that I helped tend to in her final last couple of weeks. But my dad and nana were around so much it made my head spin. I know they were there to comfort and be of guidance but they wore me completely down. My husband has no idea how completely drained I am and now I'm hearing more whispers and I don't know if it's her, but my headaches so badly before and after it happens. Some think I should go for Reiki therapy but I don't see how that will help.

Can anyone please help me go through this, its not new its been going on since I was a teen but it seems its more frequent and I don't just want to let someone into my head if I don't know who or what they want from me, please anyone that can give me guidance I will truly appreciate the help and suggestions

More
22 Jun 2011 01:43 #6 by shanwvr88
Thanks so much for the tips Leslie! Much appreciated.

More
21 Jun 2011 22:53 #7 by undertaker1
Great post. Alot of people new to this or who are learning need this advice because she is 100% right .Weakness is a portal for bad attacks so follow this well.

More
21 Jun 2011 19:46 #8 by chickamoo
great post thank you

More
21 Jun 2011 19:40 #9 by searchursoul

More
21 Jun 2011 15:28 #10 by LeslieAValentin
Just wanted to share a thought for those who are coming to understand some of their gifts and dealing iwth spirits - communication wise.

Please remember that first and foremost, your health - mental, emotional as well as physical and spiritual comes first. If you are feeling drained, off, not right, ill, tired, etc., withdraw yourself as a channel or medium for spirit contact and/or communication. Don't pull a brave line and try to rough it. It will only make you feel worse. Furthermore, it will leave you open to attacks on different levels.

The hardest thing to do is step away from a spirit in need. It can be heartbreaking for some when feeling the emotions of someone who has entered the spirit realm, to walk away or say, "I can't deal with this right now." The old addage - You are good to noone if you are not good to yourself first, is quite true.

It's also hard when one goes through the day and is picking up on emotions and auras of others in the living world when you are not at your best.

So what can you do. Here are just some of many suggestions that will help you:

01. Get plenty of rest
02. Mediation helps to restore a peace of mind.
03. Eat right
04. Learn to recognize your physical and emotional dips. That is when you are most vulnerable.
05. Learn how to firmly put your foot down. Even you need you time or family time. Everyone, including you deserves a break.
06. Try some herbal tea to relax - Chammomile, Lavender, and Dandilion teas are great for this.
07. Burn some incense or give yourself a temple massage with some Lavender oil. This too can help relax you.
08. If you live with chronic pain or other debilitating conditions, learn to identify what is the norm for you before you allow a connecton to occur. Only you know what you can tolerate and what you cannot.
09. Remember, never provoke a spirit. You wouldn't provoke someone in the living, so the same rule applies to the dearly departed. Not all spirits are sweet and loveable, and we do not always know the whole story. Take the same care you would with a family member, friend or stranger with compassion as you would with a spirit.
10. Keep a journal. Sometimes the picture is not completely clear on an instant level. Journaling will allow you to piece together some of the puzzles presented to us sometimes. It's not always a cut and dry situation.

Finally, remember that if you are struggling with an issue, don't run from it or bury it. Confront it head on. Feel the emotions, find a way to forgive if needed, and grow from there. But if you are dealing with something on a negative sense, remember that alone can drain your energy. To allow a spirit to interact with you while you are in turmoil can make you sick on many levels.

God Bless and may your interactions and visits be productive and fulfilling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghost-Fairy, SheWhoKnits

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds

Features