Login

Videos

visiting live investigation

More
27 May 2012 21:57 #1 by crystalcross
No problem, and as I said if you can't get it working let me know and I can start a remote support session and take a look at what's going on. If it was working previously, I would lean towards firewall software recently isntalled or a Flash upgrade which didn't go well. Also Google Chrome seems to be a stable browser that fixes many issues so you may want to give that a try as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1dvsmama

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2012 21:34 #2 by 1dvsmama
thanks for the feedback-crystalcross, I had no problems with the previous live investigations that's why I was surprised I wasn't able to make responses this time--looking forward to the next one to see how it goes. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

More
27 May 2012 20:16 #3 by crystalcross
Since the Live investigation feed uses Flash and a protocol known as RTMP (A streaming audio video broadcast protocol) there are a few prerequisites.

First off your browser and computer must support flash and you must have Flash version 10.0 or newer. So if you have a version of flash that's been updated in the last year or two you should be fine.

Second, you must make sure you do not have any firewalls which block RTMP port 1935 outbound. Generally this is open, but there are some firewalls which block outbound access especially in commercial environments. Also I've found that NORTON SECURITY SUITE has a software firewall built in which can block much UDP and RTMP traffic. It basically blocks all traffic and forces you to go through a proxy. Proxies do not allow streaming connections in most cases.

If you still can't get it working, please send me a note and I'll try to help you to get it up and running. After all we want all our members to be able to enjoy the live investigations.

More
27 May 2012 19:06 #4 by Moonie
I didn't have any issues with the chat either. May have been your internet connection.

More
27 May 2012 18:36 #5 by Bnretro
I had no problems to speak of.

More
27 May 2012 18:21 #6 by 1dvsmama
I don't know if anyone besides me was having problems with the comment portion of the investigation-mine would freeze for up to 10 min. so I would miss a lot of the comments, but the picture was fine. Makes me wonder if 1 of your guests was blocking me, something in my home blocking me, or if others had the same problem. This went on until almost midnight (pst) any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Features