Login

Videos

Graveyards

More
28 Apr 2011 18:52 #1 by intuitivegal27
Replied by intuitivegal27 on topic Re: Graveyards
That is true! When I go into a cemetary I get the feeling that a lot of spirits are watching me and it seems like they are from a different time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2011 18:38 #2 by david
Replied by david on topic Re: Graveyards
Interestingly, with all our perceptions about death and "haunted" graveyards, I'm told that there are few spirits in such places. Aside from the guardians we've mentioned, and perhaps a few others, the bodies in graveyards are just that - bodies in peaceful repose. The souls have gone elsewhere, as a rule.

In the logic of the living, we think that because the bodies are there, the graveyard must surely be chock full of agonized, wandering spirits. As it turns out, it seems the opposite is more the rule.

More
28 Apr 2011 16:39 #3 by intuitivegal27
I think so too crystalcross :) You never know who you might end up meeting there. I have a spirit guide who is residing in my house also 2 cats. I have been able to contact him just by automatic writing and I get the feeling he is really nice and just wants to talk :)

More
28 Apr 2011 16:33 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Graveyards
You know, so many people have a real phobia or reluctance to visit graveyards. And in so many instances it has absolutely nothing to do with spirits. I think you hit the nail right on the head when you said that we mostly visit them when someone has died. As such most of them memories we have are of sad times, or it makes remember sadness, or dark points in our lives. Also for hundreds of years, there has always been this ingrained fear of being around death. In some societies more than others. But most societies do have some element of fear based on that.

But I think you're right, it really is freeing when you can move past that. Because many cemeteries can be very peaceful places. And sensitive or not, it can be a great place to relax and introspect. Who knows, you may make some new friends there as well.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:39 #5 by intuitivegal27
I have only been to gravesites only to have someone buried after we had memorials. I would actually like to visit one and see what I can pick up. I am also a senstitive and intuitive person. I always drive by at least 2 graveyards when I come home from work and I get the feeling at the pit of my stomach when I drive by, like some energy is there. Sometimes it wants me to go there and walk around but I will have to wait til I am absolutely ready for it.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:33 #6 by intuitivegal27
Probably both.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:33 #7 by david
Replied by david on topic Re: Graveyards
I've always been interested in grave markers and the stories they tell. One day, my not-then wife and I were in one and I had been going around to look at the stones.
She went along but sort of hung back, too, until she said,

" We need to get out of here. There is an angry spirit here and he doesn't like our presence. I can't stay."

She went on to describe him, his period and even told his name - which was on one of the stones I had seen. The dates matched her impression of him. Most importantly, she had not been to that part of the yard... she could not have read that stone.

I did not know before that moment that she was deeply sensitive. That's when I learned about guardians. According to her, they are in most graveyards. I've since dropped my fascination with tsuch places.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:30 #8 by Uriel_apryle
Replied by Uriel_apryle on topic Re: Graveyards
I wonder if the guardians are people who are there or just assigned spirits.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:10 #9 by intuitivegal27
Ya I never knew either that they acted as gate keepers. There is like one that I get that feeling from and the others not as much :)

More
28 Apr 2011 15:06 #10 by intuitivegal27
Yes. I knew my dad was going to pass away a month before he did. :(

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds

Features