Login

Videos

Does anyone ever feel drawn to go to an area?

More
27 Dec 2011 19:52 #1 by Bluebutrfli
Thanks for the info on those 2 books. I have them on hold at the library to check them out. Hope you had a great Christmas!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 02:51 #2 by Brookelyn
I think recording while you are there is a wonderful idea. It never hurts to try, and you never know what you are going to get. Good luck and keep me posted because I am extremely intrigued now!!

Kind of off the subject, but if you like historical books you should check out an author named James Alexander Thom. He is amazing. He wrote a book called The Red Heart, and a book called Follow the River and I highly reccommend them. He writes alot of true Native American history. The one book I'm waiting for from Amazon is called From Sea to Shining Sea. It's about Lewis and Clark. He has wrote a few more but I haven't read them yet. Google him if you are interested. He puts so much time researching his books and describing in detail I always feel like I'm right there in all the action!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluebutrfli

More
23 Dec 2011 01:26 #3 by Bluebutrfli
The one thing I'll say about Ohio, we do have some very beautiful Metro parks and The Toledo area has some of the best I've seen. When I moved here, I was at the library all the time learning about Maumee and the surrounding area. I do love history, especially local history. A lot of people died here in the wars and it is so sad what happened to all the Native American Indians and not just here but what happened to them in general.
I will just have to keep going back. I don't know if I will ever find what I'm looking for, whatever that may be, but until then if it happens. I'll just keep going and enjoy what and how I feel while I'm there.
When I can, I', going to buy a digital recorder. I can record video on my camera and I have a regular video recorder, so maybe I should try and see if I can get something on tape.
Thank you for talking to me. It's nice to finally talk about what I have been feeling and sensing. :)

More
22 Dec 2011 22:54 #4 by Brookelyn
I'm from around the Pittsburgh area and my grandparents used to live in Maple Heights Ohio. I would spend my summer vacations out there and my grammy would always take me to different parts of the Metro Parks so we could walk the trails and learn the history. It was absolutely beautiful and always was very peaceful for me. Because of that I have always loved reading about Native American history. They believe that every single living thing from a blade of grass to a person has a soul. Maybe your ancestors souls are drawing you you back there, or maybe you had settled there in a past life. It's interesting none the less. Maybe start looking into the history of that area more. Even if you never figure out why you are drawn there, you can just be happy to be drawn to such a beautiful and peaceful place!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluebutrfli

More
20 Dec 2011 21:52 #5 by Bluebutrfli
Thank you! I"m also an 1/16 Cherokee and respect them very much also. I grew up about 30 miles east of here and even when I was little and my parents would come up here to the mall, as soon as we would cross the Maumee River bridge, I felt something was different about this place and that I wanted to be there. I always told them that when I grew up and could, I was going to live in Maumee Ohio and here I am, feeling those same feelings I had as a kid.
In the pic I posted, that is an island to the left called Blue Grass. When the river is low, like in this pic, I go over there and explore. I just know one day, I'm going to find something left behind from the Indians that once lived here. I can feel it.

More
20 Dec 2011 21:39 #6 by crystalcross
First off, I hope you don't mind but I edited your post to insert the attachment image into the posting itself.

--

I'm thinking maybe there is some reason you are drawn to that location. Perhaps the reason hasn't made itself evident yet. But it likely will someday. As for the native American legacy in that location. I respect the Native American people, I think we have a lot to learn from the culture. So if that is in fact what it is, and you are at peace when there, I would not ignore that. Consider yourself lucky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe, Bluebutrfli

More
20 Dec 2011 21:21 - 20 Dec 2011 21:34 #7 by Bluebutrfli
:unsure: I live in Ohio and live near the Maumee River. There is a lot of history here with part of the War of 1812 fought here, the Battle of Fallen Timbers, Fort Meigs is across the river. Fort Miamis is here and what is called Dudley's Massacre almost borders my property. There was a large Native American Indian presence here. There has been a lot of death here with all the fighting that had gone on here from the later parts of the 1700's to the mid 1850's as well as the settlers who died here.
That is a brief history of the area. Now there is a place here that was turned into a metro park called Side Cut and that is right in the middle of all this history. I find myself drawn there all the time. Almost like it is calling me to go back there all the time. When I'm there I feel welcomed and I feel almost surrounded sometimes with spirits. It kinda feels like I'm home when I'm there and I don't want to leave. I feel they are Indian spirits and sometimes I can almost hear them trying to talk to me, but I'm not hearing them with my ears, I hear it in my mind. I don't know what to make of this. I don't feel bad or scared or worried and I feel safe there too.
Is this something I should be worried about or should I just embrace it and see if I can make contact and try to see why I want to be there so much???

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 21:34 by crystalcross. Reason: Inserted Attachment into Posting

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds

Features