Login

re: Cleansing at Apartment

More
29 Sep 2011 00:32 #1 by Amanda_O

TressesOfNephthys wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Think of it this way: think of the things you have to physically cleanse. Imagine you have a stain on your clothes. You may have to wash the stain a few times or get a stronger cleanser to get the stain out. Very much the same principal. Helps to know what kind of cleanser you will need.

Knowing who is haunting you will definitely help, but that information isn't always easy to get. Leslie has gotten to know this man's attitude through her interaction with him. She knows his motives and really, that's good enough. She knows what she's up against. The attitude this being has isn't even something you can rid from a person in life, so in death its even more difficult. Best if she can try to get him to move on. Going onto the light would be optimal, but certainly somewhere else.[/quote

Well lets hope she gets the professional strength drain o for this guy. In my experience the only difference between the living and the dead is the body.

The living can grow and learn and change, ghosts can't.

well if it's that serious maybe an banishment or form of exorsisim (both are pretty much the same to me) would be in order. I make a distinction between cleansing which for me is to simply raise the vibrational energy of a place by ridding the environment of negative energies and weaker spirits. You are right about there being no difference between the living and the dead but I do think a discarnate spirit can learn and grow too. As a matter of fact I see no good reason why it can't. After all we don't know where they actually are unless we encounter them at that moment. We don't know what their world is like or who or what is in it.
When you think about it they had to somehow learn to speak, move objects, create smells or whatever else they do. I don't think when a person becomes a ghost they automatically know how to manipulate energy to do whatever it is they want to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2011 00:11 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Amanda_O wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Think of it this way: think of the things you have to physically cleanse. Imagine you have a stain on your clothes. You may have to wash the stain a few times or get a stronger cleanser to get the stain out. Very much the same principal. Helps to know what kind of cleanser you will need.

Knowing who is haunting you will definitely help, but that information isn't always easy to get. Leslie has gotten to know this man's attitude through her interaction with him. She knows his motives and really, that's good enough. She knows what she's up against. The attitude this being has isn't even something you can rid from a person in life, so in death its even more difficult. Best if she can try to get him to move on. Going onto the light would be optimal, but certainly somewhere else.[/quote

Well lets hope she gets the professional strength drain o for this guy. In my experience the only difference between the living and the dead is the body.

The living can grow and learn and change, ghosts can't.

More
28 Sep 2011 22:03 #3 by undertaker1
That is very strange. Cleansing is a good way to start but not always helpful. If you have anything you need help with let me know i wil help if possible. Be safe and hope everything goes well for you.

More
28 Sep 2011 10:34 #4 by Amanda_O

More
28 Sep 2011 04:12 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Think of it this way: think of the things you have to physically cleanse. Imagine you have a stain on your clothes. You may have to wash the stain a few times or get a stronger cleanser to get the stain out. Very much the same principal. Helps to know what kind of cleanser you will need.

Knowing who is haunting you will definitely help, but that information isn't always easy to get. Leslie has gotten to know this man's attitude through her interaction with him. She knows his motives and really, that's good enough. She knows what she's up against. The attitude this being has isn't even something you can rid from a person in life, so in death its even more difficult. Best if she can try to get him to move on. Going onto the light would be optimal, but certainly somewhere else.

More
28 Sep 2011 00:50 #6 by Amanda_O

crystalcross wrote:

Amanda_O wrote: One of the biggest misconceptions I have run into is that one cleansing ought to get it.

I would tend to agree with you on this. Cleansing simply makes the house unpalatable to spirits. And if they are really determined to be there then they will be back. Depending on their resolve to be in that location is what determines the effectiveness of the smudging. It may make the home no longer be the path of least resistance towards a goal. But on the other hand, it may simply push them aside for a while and piss them off.

I think the avenue towards a desirable solution starts with determining who, what, when and where. In most older religious texts there is some reference that knowledge means power over spirits. Knowing who you're dealing with goes a long way. Knowing why its there, lets you create a plan. I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as a one size fits all solution.

If you can get that information great. In most cases however I have found that making the place unpalatable for an extended period of time usually does it. However one must always take into account the background of the people you are working with. What I may do for my own personal home may not be what someone else would be comfortable with.

More
28 Sep 2011 00:40 #7 by crystalcross

Amanda_O wrote: One of the biggest misconceptions I have run into is that one cleansing ought to get it.

I would tend to agree with you on this. Cleansing simply makes the house unpalatable to spirits. And if they are really determined to be there then they will be back. Depending on their resolve to be in that location is what determines the effectiveness of the smudging. It may make the home no longer be the path of least resistance towards a goal. But on the other hand, it may simply push them aside for a while and piss them off.

I think the avenue towards a desirable solution starts with determining who, what, when and where. In most older religious texts there is some reference that knowledge means power over spirits. Knowing who you're dealing with goes a long way. Knowing why its there, lets you create a plan. I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as a one size fits all solution.

More
27 Sep 2011 22:42 #8 by Amanda_O
One of the biggest misconceptions I have run into is that one cleansing ought to get it. I am by no means touting the roll as expert...I'm just giving my own first hand experiences. One apartment I lived in took almost three months worth of bi-weekly cleansing to finally get everything settled. So don't think it didn't work or didn't do any good. If the saging doesn't seem to work as well as you want it to try frankincense and myrrh, then the sage bundle.

More
27 Sep 2011 18:18 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Sounds like so far so good, but need a little more work there.

More
27 Sep 2011 05:18 #10 by LeslieAValentin
The cleansing was done a few days ago here at the apartment. I used a smudge stick made of white sage, cedar and lavander. Prayers along with the smudge stick was used. I also asked in a local pastor who accompanied me while performing the cleansing who agreed to pray in each room.

This seemed to be effective for a few days and there was some relative peace in the apartment. The heaviness in my son's room was not there. However, tonight, my son's lamp crashed to the floor while we were out in the living room. The lamp still works and nothing was broken, but it definitely had no reason fall on its own in the bedroom.

I have decided to monitor what is starting to happen again, and will call help again for another cleansing soon if things start picking up again.

As I am able to get online, I will provide updates as they come.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds

Features