Login

Videos

× The Complete Forum for Paranormal Photography

THANKSGIVING DAY 2011

More
18 Dec 2011 22:05 #1 by LeslieAValentin
Hey Tress,

LOL, No, I don't think torching the place is the answer... plus, I just renewed my lease for another year. Don't want to be homeless! LOL

On the decorating side of things, I took the simple is best approach this year. hahaha BUT, I also did not want to risk something in case my ghostly roommates try something... Good Lord knows that I have enough of a time with other attention getters that they give me!

Thank you so much for the compliment. I must admit, I was "touched" that whoever this is, wanted to be in the picture with me...or it seems that way. But also, to see a semi face makes me wonder to a degree what they truly looked like in life.

Thursday was my son's birthday. My friend handed me the camera for a group pic with her and her son with my son. It took 6 attempts before the camera gave a clear picture. As I told CC, I'm not the picture taker. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 20:47 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Leslie! First off, you look lovely! The first pic is just...wow. With the Christmas tree, well with your apartment, it could be something paranormal, I just think Christmas trees in general are like epilepsy-causing episodes of Pokemon for digital cameras. All the blinking, shiny, twinkling things and I'm sure you can get just about any type of anomaly showing up. So no luck with the cleansing, huh? Might have to research how to do something stronger. Short of torching the whole apartment building, that is (I don't recommend!).

More
18 Dec 2011 19:30 #3 by crystalcross
Fully understood. You are one of the individuals on here who I've come to take at face value. I think one thing with paranormal photographs is, you have to be able to trust the photographer.

Because no matter how good you are at trying to find possible faked pictures, there's always someone better who can make a still image that looks real. So there has to be some degree of trust. Which I personally do have with any images you take, simply spoken from past history of the images you've submitted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeslieAValentin

More
18 Dec 2011 19:00 #4 by LeslieAValentin
I threw in the Christmas tree pic, not so much because I actually believed there was something in the picture to be seen. The "blur" that is there was more probably from my hand shaking with the cell phone as I took the photo. But its a good example of something that someone might say "oh look" when nothing is really there on a paranormal level.... I looked and relooked at it because the tree is "busy" as you said and I was looking for "shaky hand" evidence as well.

I normally am not the photographer in the house. My son or my friends take pics instead.. partly because I do have a tremor in my hands which causes unsteadiness.

More
18 Dec 2011 17:27 #5 by crystalcross
That last one, not so much. Several factors here, number one what you're seeing as blurring to the middle of the tree is likely caused by a focus anomaly. The way that autofocus cameras work is that they attempt to maximize pixel contrast in several areas of the image. This usually is when the picture is in the sharpest focus possible. But just because those areas are focused does not mean all areas are. The center of the tree is slightly closer than the rest, so its possible it may be out of focus. Also with there being a considerable concentration of the light there, that may cause it as well.

The fact of the matter is that even if something was in this image, the contrast from the tree is so busy that I doubt you would ever be able to make it out much less show that its anything outside of the scope of the patterns and textures within the tree. The first image above was a clear find since it was on a otherwise smooth background so it was easier to make out.

I think with the tree, your best bet if you want to document something would be to use a combination of EVP and video evidence.

More
18 Dec 2011 15:14 #6 by LeslieAValentin
As for this particular one being a child, it is quite possible. I have central air/heating in my apartment. However, the vents do not blow near or towards the tree. My son woke me up this morning as he had to be to work at 9, but he sat down on the sofa and told me to just watch the tree. I asked what I was watching and he said - Mom... just wait! On my FB page, I have a pic of my tree up but its dark and hard to actually see the ornaments really. I have gold, silver and frosted balls on the tree and "tatted" as well as other handmade snowflakes on the tree that my grandmother made many years ago. A few of the balls were being "moved" to make them swing and one of the snowflakes kept coming moving also.... like a gust of wind had just passed the tree. My son said - "Not sure which is worse Mom... A curious ghost or going out and buying a cat. Either way Mom, the tree is getting messed with!"

I will put up the tree pic though... I've been studying that one since I took it the other day.

What I see is around the middle of the tree a "blurring" white across the tree while the rest of the photo is "clear". Just wanted to throw that one in also.

I didn't take any pictures this morning as I wasn't awake enough at that point to do so.
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2011 14:22 #7 by crystalcross
One thing, I can't quite make out if its a girl (one would at first glance say it is) or a young boy. I notice the features, slightly larger nose, and ears that extend outward a bit. Almost looks like it could be a young boy around 8-9 as well.

More
18 Dec 2011 14:17 #8 by crystalcross
Leslie, as always spectacular catch! When I saw this of course I instantly had to look at the photos under a fine-tooth comb. I used the original (as I always like to do) and enhanced the luminescence of the individual color planes so that I could normalize the colors. Also this compensates for any color induction caused by the ambient lighting. I searched for the levels at which the entity was most visible and when I found it and zoomed in on it this is what came out. I think in this enhanced/cropped version there is no doubt what it is. You can see the eyes, the white of the eyes, the red lips, the ears, the chin...

Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2011 08:35 - 18 Dec 2011 14:13 #9 by LeslieAValentin
I decided to share this picture up close and personal after I received several private contacts via Facebook (2 who are Sensitives/Empaths, and 1 who also does professional photography). I did not look that close at the picture after it was taken, rather I decided to just use it as a new and updated account photo for different accounts online.
On the evening of Thanksgiving Day this year (2011), I was sitting at my desk when the picture was taken by my friend who was standing in front of me. You can find the pictures under the PHOTOS tab in the folder - Leslie Thanksgiving Day 2011.

Description of surroundings -
To my left (unseen in the picture) is a light which is on. That is shining on the left side of my face. Also there is my son's room which is to the left and not seen in the picture.

Now.... this is what was brought to my attention.

Just behind where the light is shining on my face, there is a "mist" with at least one face, possibly two towards the top of the "mist" coming up behind me.

I was contacted by two folks who are also Empaths/Sensitives/Mediums, and also by a friend who lives on the East Coast who does professional photography.

All three persons pointed out the face appearances, the most clear (on top) bearing a feminine facial structure.

After being told this, I went into my photo file on the laptop and opened it again to look. I made a copy of the original to add a red arrow and circle the area in which is being referenced to.

For those who are not aware of what lies behind this photo, and why it is interesting is that for the last year; since I moved into this apartment, there has been at least two identified spirits who have, for a lack of better words, decided to share this space with my son and I.

For quite a few months I was having a time of it living alone here, as my son was living about 20 minutes away. During this time, I was being grabbed, shaken, scratched and pushed. I also had issues of lights coming off and on, kitchen cabinets opening enough to reshut and create a hard closing sound. Others have witnessed things as well while being here at the apartment. I also was having and still do to a degree, issues in communicating with one of the spirits who gives off a very strong male presence, and a strong dislike and disregard for women. When my son moved back in with me in September, things eased somewhat, however, to date, a cleansing is done to aid in keeping things at bay or minimal.
About two months ago now, I had the laptop sitting in a diffent place where I was able to see into my son's room. My son and his buddy were sitting in his room with the door open. I was conversing with both of them while they were watching a movie on his tv. My son has hats mounted on his one wall. My son was in his recliner and his friend was stretched across my son's bed. Over a very short period of time, my son got up and adjusted the thermostat. He said his room was getting very cold again and he didn't know if it was just him or if our unseen roommates were in his room again (which is a primary area for this male presence). He settled back into his chair and about 20 minutes later, the hats started flying off their hooks and towards my son and his friend from the wall. His friend who had scoffed at the idea of a "ghost" being in the apartment came flying out of the bedroom pale and scared. My son looked more aggrivated than anything else. But the interesting thing was when his friend called his mother and told her he'd never doubt her encounter here again.

Anyway,.... this is just the most recent. I was aware of "someone" standing to my left" as the picture was being taken partly because my left arm was getting quite cold as if someone was holding my arm. And as I said, I posted the picture in the PHOTOS area for viewing but I attached them here as well for "just in case" sake.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Dec 2011 14:13 by crystalcross. Reason: Insert the pictures into text.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds

Features