Login

Videos

The Witch Girl of Pilots Knob

More
06 Dec 2011 20:31 #1 by zeptember
wow this is interesting and sad story for the mom and child, I would like to visit this place as well, I have not heard of this one either..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2011 18:53 #2 by Galehawk
I'll be waiting until spring before I join a team or group, until then I'll be looking for stuff.

More
05 Dec 2011 18:20 #3 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
very interesting i have never heard of this story,or the place
i would love to check this place out.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Dec 2011 15:50 #4 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: The Witch Girl of Pilots Knob
Sounds like a great place; just wait till spring. I will all still be there. Lol.

More
05 Dec 2011 15:31 #5 by Galehawk
Ya it's a typo it's the Late 1800's to the early 1900's.

I would love to go there to see if it is real or not, but I've never been ghost hunting before, and I hate going out when it's cold.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Dec 2011 13:40 #6 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: The Witch Girl of Pilots Knob
That's a place I'd like to go. BTW, you said it happened in the late 1900's; was that a typo?

Anywho, I'd like to go there, perhaps the girl hasn't crossed over at this time. Having once been part of the church for many years, I now see how a lot of myth comes out [interconnecting crosses?]. If it were true and the dark entity can't get to her, it won't have anything to do with crosses; but perhaps the girl has a guide there or someone who is trying to protect or even coax her to cross over.

I think folklore is more of a gossip/rumor type of thing that is designed to keep people away; kinda like all of the haunted movies that are designed to keep people afraid of what is really quite normal.

Is that a place you like going to?

More
05 Dec 2011 02:54 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Yikes, just glad I wasn't alive back then (in this life anyway)!

More
04 Dec 2011 22:06 #8 by Galehawk
It seems that in the late 1900's, in the small town of Marion Kentucky - the townsfolk believed that Mary Evelyn Ford, and her mother were witches. Instead of taking them through the traditional judicial system, they immediately sentenced them to be burned alive. Mary Evelyn Ford was six years old. Her mother's charred corpse was buried somewhere far from Marion, and the little girl was decidedly buried in Pilot's Knob. The town folk believed her spirit would return to take revenge, and so they buried the girl in a steel lined grave. They covered her casket with concrete and gravel instead of dirt, and surrounded her grave with a white fence made of interconnecting crosses. Town folklore states that this little girl's spirit cannot cross the gate around her grave, but she reaches out to anyone who dares near. She can pull a mortal into her grave, and it is said that she makes faces to provoke people so she can get near enough to pull you into her gated area.

On the other side of the fence lies something much darker, "The Watcher." He is a evil presence that is trying to get to the little girl, but cannot. He cannot cross OVER the crosses which guard & entrap her. Instead, he carefully attempts to snatch her soul, and chases any bystander away. His spiritual presence is so strong, the hairs on your neck will stand on end.

My question is has anyone been there to see if this is real or not.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds

Features