Login

Videos

EMVP Maiden Voyage

More
30 Sep 2011 20:09 #1 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re: EMVP Maiden Voyage
crystalcross

The audio is what I imagined in my thoughts as I have battled this same problem when I use to use a ham radio back then we could squelch most of it out and we just called it "wash"

Odd how these things return decades later as perhaps useful information. huh. LOL

I guess we will just have to wait to see it all in action. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 16:07 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: EMVP Maiden Voyage
I would agree, I'm also looking forward to using the device again but this time in its entirety so that I can match up the audio portion directly wit h any EMF evidence.

As for the 60 cycle background noise. I actually kind of like leaving it in there. It gives me a baseline to go off of for the ambient EMF. Helps to coordinate with the stand alone EMF meters.

But if you really want to remove it, Audacity has a fairly good noise removal module. But it, as with all other noise removal applications, works based off of the baseline noise frequencies. It then does a best attempt to remove those frequency components from the file. It does this by doing a derivative on the wave pattern to create a frequency analysis. Then it removes the unwanted frequencies.

It works pretty good but I tend not to trust the result, because audio frequencies and patterns are so complex that simply removing out certain frequencies can leave little bits and pieces which were not really part of the original.

I'm including the full length recording of the session:

File Attachment:

File Name: EMVP-09172...MONO.mp3
File Size:55,951 KB
Attachments:

More
30 Sep 2011 11:18 #3 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re: EMVP Maiden Voyage
crystalcross
Can't wait until your next investigation when the entire instrument is used. I wonder about the back ground noise (humming) if there is a program on a computer system that the 60 cycle hum could be removed to clean up some of the EVP's mixed in with it?

The EVPs I have worked on sometimes need little clean up but other times I just can't make out what is embedded on the recorder. I guess eventually we will come up with the perfect program to clean up the evidence but for now we will continue the search.

Thanks for the post and information. I always enjoy the hunts regardless the outcomes but having the evidence prove out what your ears and eyes have seen and heard is awesome to me.

Keith

More
30 Sep 2011 01:56 #4 by crystalcross
Well, after going through roughly 2 hours of voice recordings from an Investigation of the 17th, I've come to the conclusion that the EMVP recording is a truely valuable assett.

Although I didn't find any voice evidence in the Electro-Magnetic Voice recorder, it was very valuable to help weed out what EMF readings came from. Although I have to admit it didn't perform as desired due to a user error (I forgot to turn the audio portion of the microphone on, DUH!), the Magnetic resonance recording side was awesome. You could clearly hear all of the low grade EMF in the house caused by your average 60 cycle hum from the power lines. This was very low but constantly present.

As the EMVP recorder was brough closer to sources of EMF you could hear the 60 cycle hum get much louder. And as it moved near magnetic or metal objects you could hear clicks and thumps in the recording. Likewise as it was brought next to electronics which were possible sources of EMF you could hear the rhythmic sources of higher frequency buzzes. These were clearly digital electronic sounds.

In this particular incident it did not reveal anything which seemed paranormal in nature, but then the EMF meter did not register anything either. So it was pretty much in keeping with other collected physical evidence from the location.

The initial opinion would be a 2-thumbs-up on the EMVP!

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Features