Login

The resort of "La Puda"

• Grupo Alpha
  • Grupo Alpha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Jul 2011 21:53 #1 by Grupo Alpha
The resort of "La Puda" was created by Grupo Alpha
In the nineteenth century, experienced a notable increase attendance at spas. Modern sociological phenomenon was linked to several factors such as economic and scientific development of Europe, the rise of the bourgeoisie and industrial development. The spring water of La Puda of Montserrat, in the municipality of Esparreguera, the province of Barcelona, ​​first used for medicinal purposes in 1818.
In taking over the professional management of the spa doctor and Coca Antoni Rabassa, established a relationship with a tailor Esparreguera, Salvador Garriga, and in 1829 decided to build, on both banks of the river Llobregat, two bathrooms buildings. The work started and completed within one year for completion, they ran the financial resources that prevented them from its continuation. Consequently Garriga committed suicide in 1831, and his brother proposed to continue the work, partnering with Francesc Castells and Francesc Pedrosa. Thus able to complete the two buildings bathrooms, one on each side of the river Llobregat, and in 1834 were already fully operational. However, during the years 1842 and 1843 some big floods of the Llobregat, not only completely flooded buildings, but that razed completely.

With this idea, a year later, on October 18, 1844, Antonio Mayans Pujadas and bought the remains of two buildings, land and waters to their former owners, Pau Garriga, Francesc Castells and Francesc Pedrosa, and the year next was a stock corporation, the "Society of Aguas de La Puda". The shares were valued at actual 1500 and 2000. This company planned to build a new building on the left bank, taking the remains of the building. Announced in the "Diario de Barcelona" the existence of a store sulphurous waters of La Puda in Barcelona Escudillers street number 46, the so-called Coffee friends, while also selling bottled water in various commercial establishments in Barcelona.

At that time the resort was a physician Dr. Arnús. The company was incorporated with a capital of six million reais, which mostly contributed Pedro Oliva, a wealthy merchant and Consul General of Greece. He tried to put in front of her, a person known to influence and solid economic and political situation, the Baron de Meer, who held office at the time of Captain General of Catalonia, which did not accept. This rejection, however, did not prevent the society was constituted to protect and valimiento the Minister of the Interior, Javier de Burgos. Dr. Pujadas then traveled to Madrid in less than 48 hours managed to place all the actions.
Shortly after the owners fell into ruin as partners of the resort did not pay their dues to tiempo.Y today this place is in a state of disrepair.

I will tell you that I read many things about this place like there was a security guard and some dogs guarding the premises. Once you arrive at the entrance came to my mind the pictures I had seen all these people taking the air on the terrace in front of the main building. Upon entering there, I felt very sorry and that everything was in a sorry state as you can see in this video:

Balneari de La Puda - YouTube

I walked around in the bowels of this giant abandoned on the second floor, I found the destroyed bathrooms and bedrooms, unfurnished, totally empty. The elevator was unusable. In the basement I found a huge room, the floor was dusty and walking my footsteps seemed to be the only evidence that any living being had walked there in recent years. On each side there were several bathrooms with their "piles" of bathrooms decorated. On the other side goes through a staircase leading to a huge room with running water where they imagine that they were the pools. Finally I went through a door where I found the river, where a huge pump to draw water would not stop. The touch I felt was hot and really special clarity. Returning to the input note as the old main building clock struck twelve yet, perhaps the time when everything was quiet for the last time ...

Definitely go in the resort of La Puda is like stepping back in time, everything has stopped here. Inside feelings that I never forget.

thanks to all friends

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.661 seconds

Features