Login

Ghost Box / EVP

More
30 Jun 2011 15:26 #1 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Ghost Box / EVP
Awsome Donna thanks for sharing. I hope to buy one or make one soon. This is a great piece of equipment to take while investigating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Jun 2011 09:38 #2 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Ghost Box / EVP
It is certainly a very interesting experience. I would love to practice with that device. Thank you for sharing this experience

More
30 Jun 2011 04:05 #3 by DonnaC
Ghost Box / EVP was created by DonnaC
I bought a new gadget on a whim because I'd heard about other paranormal groups using this tool with success. It's called a Ghost Box. It's really only a hacked radio that scans quickly. I wasn't sure if it'd work or not, but it wasn't expensive and I thought if anything, I have a portable radio if ever a hurricane decides to come my way again.

I wanted to practice with it being that I've only used it once on an official investigation and all I captured was a YES. My sister in law invited me to "practice" in her home. She was curious to see if I'd find anything being that she and I had talked about feelings in her home every now and then.

I/we got more than what we bargained for. We were only in her room (my niece joined us) for 1 1/2 hours. We heard a few growls and even a weird high-pitched noise at the foot of her bed that sounded like a mosquito on steroids.

Jason: BOX .. I asked for a name and got, Jason.
Don't: EVP .. I asked for my name to be spoken and got, "Don't" although I think there's a "Donna" in there.
Donna, Sure, Ti-Chi (?), Marco: BOX .. I asked for my name again and got more than that. (Marco was the name of the grandfather of the former owners of their house)
"Leave Me" and "Good Job": BOX .. The "Leave me" sounded very much like the growls we heard earlier. It seems like this ghosty was trying to scare us.
"Maybe": BOX .. I'd started to get a bit upset because the "Leave Me" dude was obnoxious. I apologized and then asked if we were on better terms.
"Take It" : EVP .. I'd asked Kathy to hold my recorder because sometimes you get better results. "Take It" sounds like it's said in a Spanish accent. The former owners were Spanish.
"Dick Tracy" : EVP .. A former neighbor, "Dick" who lived on their street used to be called, "Dick Tracy"
"Chip - Kathy" : BOX .. Kathy believes "Chip" to be a former co-worker.
"HI" : BOX .. We asked for a "Hello" to David (my brother in law, Kathy's husband) because he's a real Skeptic.
"Si, Cocha" : BOX This is in Spanish again and "Cocha" means "old or in the past" the former owner's were Spanish and the grandfather's name was Marco.
"Weird noise can sorta be heard at the 5 second mark" : This was the mosquito on steriods episode. There's a definite sound or interruption, but it sounds nothing like what we heard as you'll hear me demonstrate on this clip. We all heard it just as we all heard the growls earlier. However, the growls were not picked up by my recorder.

Well That's It. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did collecting them that evening. That little bedroom was quite an adventure. :ohmy:

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Features