Login

Videos

Emf detectors and spirits?

More
31 Dec 2011 00:10 #1 by Wes_Forsythe
Thermal detectors are very reliable...once you are sure you can eliminate the possibility of reflected heat and hidden heat sources.

The big problem with them is that it is VERY easy to misinterpret what is on the screen. The "see" in the heat range of the infrared spectrum. Everything with a surface temperature gives off IR in this this range. I doubt if very many of the people you see using them on TV have went through the training course given to your average user in the heating and air conditioning field.

They mostly get used on TV because they produce really cool images that look spooky.

For that matter, EMF detectors are reliable...at detecting EMF in a given range. Since we don't have any way of knowing right now what type of energy or even if ghosts are made of what we would narrowly classify as energy, they are just another tool that if used properly can help lead us in the right direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: melly666

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2011 00:04 #2 by crystalcross
I think you're certainly on the right track. Just make sure you don't go in alone. And always remember the support you and your team members have for each other. There's strength in that that you can draw on.

Love some of the pictures you already have, and with the EMF, and perhaps an EVP recorder, and the right attitude I think it will be no time before you get some evidence going.

More
30 Dec 2011 23:58 #3 by melly666
Don't worry,I take this stuff seriously. I've had quite a few proven personal experiences in the past but trying to get solid evidence as you know is a challenge. I had this interactive stuff with lights happening in a hotel room I was staying in. I frightened me to death. I knew the room was haunted by a guy who I felt was watching me from the end of the bed every night and didn't have good intentions. I had just started working there. Didn't want to say to the manager that the room was haunted for fear of losing the job thinking they'd employed some nutter. Only mentioned it to somebody else who had started there and even got him to sit in my room for a couple of hours as the lights were playing havoc the whole time. I had it checked for electrical faults also.It was just normal when he was there but the minute he had gone they started again. I found out a month down the line an old fisherman haunts the room,a lot of people have seen him but the Inn keeps it quiet. This spirit was blinking once for yes and 2 for no. This interactive stuff sort of freaks me out a bit but I know the bad ones feed off fear so need to get over this if I'm ever going to prove anything with equipment.

More
30 Dec 2011 23:42 #4 by crystalcross
Melly,

Congrats on the new EMF detector! New "Toys" are always fun, no matter what they are.

So, as Wes mentioned, EMF detectors in themselves are not really reliable to determine the presence of spirits. The best use of them is to attempt an interactive session. In other words, find the standard value for an area and then ask a spirit to move in front of the meter or move around it. If the meter registers then you have something to start with.

Once that happens, then try to prove that it is actually interactive and will respond to your queue. Also try not to move your hand or anyone else's body near it when you're doing this. That could invalidate the results.

Many things can trigger EMF detectors such as cell phones, walkie talkies, motors, metal objects being moved rapidly, or even just the presence of a metal object such as a picture frame or spoon can act as an antenna to pick up radio waves.

I look forward to hearing your results. But above all, don't get scared or worried. Spirits are likely around you at various times and you just never know it. In most instances its nothing to worry about. Treat them with respect, and treat the tools of the trade with respect and dignity and not as a game. That tends to go a long way in this field. And don't provoke, people don't like it when they're alive and they like it a whole lot less when they're passed. And pissing a spirit off is probably not the best way to get the ball rolling so to speak.

More
30 Dec 2011 23:32 #5 by melly666
So I guess they're not very reliable. How reliable are thermal cameras/detectors?

More
30 Dec 2011 23:27 #6 by Wes_Forsythe
Any number of things can trigger an EMF meter.

Radio waves in the way of cell phones (even when a call is not active) and wi-fi networks are the most common. Of course just about anything with a current going through it can set it off. A lot of modern electronics will trigger them even when turned off because they are never really off.

Short bursts can even be caused by certain things that move. Water flowing through a metal pipe and wind moving a piece of tin come to mind.

More
30 Dec 2011 23:12 #7 by melly666
I have recently got my first EMF machine. I have a couple of questions. Is there anything else that can trigger them off except electricity? It's just that it always goes beserk in my bedroom but nowhere else in the house, I place it as far away as possible from any electrics ie,2 meters. Is it coincidence that in the first few days of using it I had the TV and digi box break along with my 2 computers? These were all in my bedroom. I am a carer and the next week my service user's electric wheelchair was being drained of power that we had to get the engineer in and along with his hoist draining,had to again get the engineer in...infact the hoist broke down completely as it wouldn't charge.It was brand new a year a go. I know spirit drain energy but it's getting me a bit paranoid now. I always look for a logical explanation first.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Features