Login

Videos

New Stuff for us!

More
10 Nov 2011 16:11 #1 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: New Stuff for us!
We have an Epod and have used it a couple of times. We haven't gotten anything major to happen with it yet, but it's proving to be a reliable piece of equipment. Hopefully we can get some experiences to back it up soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2011 15:49 #2 by DementedWarlok
yes you are a genius once again. I would write a article about how devices can ruin EMF but I dont know all the tech parts like you do.

here this may help us explain it,

What is Static Electricity

Static electricity is the buildup of electrical charges on the surface of some object or material. Static Electricity can consist of extremely high voltage, this device can sense those high-voltage electrically charged objects at a great distance at a detection sensitivity as low as 500mV. Electro-static is usually created when materials are pulled apart or rubbed together. Basically, it is the imbalance between (+) positive and (-) negative particles on these objects or surfaces. Although the atoms on these surfaces are always full of charges, they become "electrified" whenever their pre-existing + and - charges are not equal. Some typical examples would be wool, plastic, or even the soles of your shoes as you walk across the carpet. This process causes positive (+) charges to collect on one material and negative (-) Charges on the other surface. An e-field Pod can be compared to a magnetic field, except that it's electrical in nature. Another way of looking at it is that an e-field is a voltage without a current, and whenever you have pure voltage, then you will have a pure electric field with no magnetism involved.

Keep in mind that during use that Static electricity is formed much better when the air is dry or the humidity is low. The E-Pod can detect static up to several feet when the air is very dry. When the air is humid, water molecules can collect on the surface of various materials and this can prevent the buildup of electrical charges and minimize the detection range considerably.

How to Use the E-Pod

Turn on the E-Pod and place the unit on a table or desk. The Green, Blue or Red light may or may not be illuminated at this time, it really depends on the “+” or “-” static charge around the E-Pod. Take a plastic pen or comb and rub it in your hair a few times. Now take the pen or comb and pass it slowly a few inches over the E-Pod. The comb or pen should have a negative “-” charge on it which will make the light turn on. Now you will notice that the light will begin to dim and then go out completely as the pen gets closer to the E-Pod. Move the pen or comb away, and the light will glow bright again. Depending on the humidity and other factors, the E-Pod can easily detect an E-Field charge up to 2-8 feet away.

Note: With a Negative charged condition, the light will remain ON and as a charged object slowly approaches the E-Pod, the light will begin to dim in relationship to the e-field strength and proximity to the static source. Eventually the Light will go off when the charge is within a few inches of the E-Pod. The light will slowly come back on again when the charged object moves away from the E-Pod.
Note: With a Positive charged condition, the light will remain OFF and as a charged object gets close to the E-Pod, the light will come on. It then turns OFF when the charged object is removed.

Important: The E-field Pod has been added to assist a Paranormal Investigator make an informed decision based on Electro-Static evidence collected during an investigation. When you are performing your investigation, team members will often refer to the “hair” standing up on their arms or the back of their neck. This added feature can help to detect this invisible E-field that causes this condition.

Tech specs:

E-Field Static Electricity Detection
E-Field Detection Range: 500mV to 700+Volts
E-Field Sensitivity: Positive and Negative Charges
Detection Range: Typically 2' for Negative charges at 40%RH. Up to 8' @ 20%RH or less humidity conditions
E-Field Indicator: Red Light is used as an E-Field Indicator.
Fast (100msec) Response To E-Field Fluctuations & Spikes
Glow in The Dark Design, E-Pods Glow for up to 24hrs. without Electricity!
Toggle ON / OFF Switch
9Vdc Operation (Battery Included)

So it reads disturbances in the static electricty around the device.

More
08 Nov 2011 13:28 #3 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: New Stuff for us!
DW,

I thought the EPod (and I may be thinking of a different manufacturer or model) had multiple sensors. I only saw it used a few times, and the one I saw had vibration sensors, EMF, temp and electro static. Also wanna say it sense noises. But then it also looked a bit different, I do remember the colorful lights though that showed activity depending on the lights. Wonder who makes that one, I am trying to remember what show I saw it on. Was about 6 months ago.

So, congrats on your first test of the equipment. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more of its use. Always great to see new stuff being tried in the field.

As for Cell phones, yes I agree. They should be off, or actually left back in a central area. That should be one of the first things done when you go into an investigation. Drop Cell phones into a lock box in a "command central" type area. (Can be a car, or some known safe location) Preferably if there are enough members, one of the group would stay in that location to monitor, coordinate, and keep track of the phones.

I do think its ok to use certain low power equipment though. (Walkie Talkie, etc) But it should be limited to 5-10mw and preferred spread spectrum. And I would also suggest that when you enter a room, you leave it sitting in one location so you can hear if the team is trying to reach you, but at the same time its not on your person.

Likewise, if you're going to take pictures and post them or do live broadcasts I would recommend using a low power wifi device (10-20mw) to talk to a central location with a hotspot that connects to the internet.

Many cameras now can use SD cards with WiFi devices built in. They're called EyeFi cards. And are ideal for that type of a situation where you want to transmit the images to a central location with low power communications.

Most cell phones are transmitting at 250mw under normal use, and can go as high as 1000mw in a low signal area. That also is not spread spectrum and can highly impact any kind of gear. Compared to low power WiFi which is 10-20mw in most cases.

More
08 Nov 2011 05:41 #4 by DementedWarlok
Well the first test of the epod was not good. We had to learn how to use it. When the lights stay on there is a negitive charge in the area. When the lights are off it means a positive charge is in the area. If you move your hand near the device but don't touch it the lights get brighter according to how close you are. So the spirit has to come close to it to change the colors deepening on the charge in the room. I have one more hunt at the usual location and I plan on doing a serious test with the epod. Now there is a newer model called a amp pod I believe that puts it's own charge out to be messed with when a spirit nears it. Either way its an interesting device and hope to get the results this weekend. As far as the k2 goes and cell phones I know the feeling. So many people have to have their damn cell phone on them and I think it hurts any hunt I go to. I have been talking about how emf and cell phones can ruin evidence and give false impressions but no one seems to care as long as they have their phone they are happy. I do know that cell phone interference can be heard on my digital recorder and that pisses me off so bad. I never take my cell phone with if i do its on airplane mode. I think emf and cell phones would be a great topic in the fourms and a good experiment to see just how far away the signal can interfere with a k2. I follow the guys from ghost adventures on twitter. When they are filming a lockdown they seem to be posting pictures from the location while investigating. Hello red flag!

More
07 Nov 2011 22:38 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: New Stuff for us!
From what I heard (if its the same one I'm thinking of) it is a multi-sensor unit that has EMF, Static, temperature and vibration sensors.

More
07 Nov 2011 20:26 #6 by channelpirate
Replied by channelpirate on topic Re: New Stuff for us!
Just make sure everyione has their cellphone off or the K2 will pick it up, even through walls.

Not heard of the EPOD before - is it some kind of static meter?

More
04 Nov 2011 16:24 #7 by irisheyes1223
Replied by irisheyes1223 on topic Re: New Stuff for us!
i cant wait to use this Saturday! i have been dying to get the e pod (like dw was about ovilus). The k2 has always intrigue me. i am very skeptic of it! i have witness people give it false readings! so i cant wait to try this stuff out and tell everyone of our findings!

More
04 Nov 2011 16:01 #8 by DementedWarlok
Hello all! I have some new stuff for us. I recently bought 2 K2 meters and a EPOD. The EPOD is a proxcimity sensor that you may have seen on Ghost Adventures and dectects spirits. We will be using the new devices this weekend on a hunt on Saturday and trying them out for the first time. We have been meaning to upgrade to the K2 meters and finally did. The EPOD is made to cover a 12x12 room and lights up due to the distance of the spirit in its range. Its a very interesting device and I hope to use this device to its full potential!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Features