Login

Videos

The KII meter

More
07 Oct 2012 00:35 #1 by everex5
Replied by everex5 on topic Re: The KII meter
A couple of things.

1) All electronics need to be cleaned, maintained and calibrated (as mentioned).
2) Batteries need to be kept fully charged or as new as possible. Use NAME brand batteries ($$$) you get what you pay for.
3) Clean the battery contacts with rubbing alcohol and qtips (or use a professional cleaning kit) before and after use.This removes flux buildup. Store the unit without batteries in it.

These things can help avoid problems with electronic components.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2012 15:04 #2 by DebPSPI
Replied by DebPSPI on topic Re: The KII meter
A K11 just shows a fluctuation in the electromagnetic field, it is notorious for acting silly for no reason. I use mine for a doorstop or give it to guests to wave around so they can pretend they are on Ghost Hunters or something.
Just saying............
I try to have any activity confirmed by at least 3 sources at the same time before I will begin to take it seriously.
If in doubt, throw it out.

More
04 Oct 2012 11:45 #3 by Wes_Forsythe
Replied by Wes_Forsythe on topic Re: The KII meter
The only thing I would point out is that a cell phone could do this. We all know we are supposed to turn them off, but I personally thought I had put mine into airplane mode one night and noticed random and strong k2 hits. Later I realized what I had done.

The Mel meter is filtered against radio waves but a strong enough spike close enough to the device can still give you a reading.

Just some thoughts.

More
02 Oct 2012 17:40 #4 by kctkd
Replied by kctkd on topic Re: The KII meter
That's the other evidence I was talking about. you might have something there. Good job!!

More
02 Oct 2012 17:05 #5 by Brittany_Elaine
Replied by Brittany_Elaine on topic Re: The KII meter
Possibly. I mean, during our case we knew there was nothin underground, and no power lines remotely close to where we were investigating. We had electricians come out and verify that our readings were abnormal. Several other people who investigated that same area had the same experience we did. But we also saw the elemental there. The thing with our case was that these particular trees were literally the only spots where we could get that reading. I would do some research regarding an elemental in that area. Could be a stretch, but you never know! Especially if some pretty negative things are going on. We have just never had reading like that (that we could not explain logically) until we worked on the elemental case. Could be a fluke in the tool, could be something else besides an elemental, but that's just my experience! :) good luck!

More
02 Oct 2012 16:46 #6 by hauntedahunters
Replied by hauntedahunters on topic Re: The KII meter
What is ironic is at the same time the KII was doing its red reading, I was also getting a 5.9 on the Mel Meter. I can understand one of the two instruments needing calibrated, but to get both at the same time with a high reading?? hmmm still not too sure but to debunk it, I will locate a place that will calibrate them for me! thanks

More
02 Oct 2012 16:13 #7 by kctkd
Replied by kctkd on topic Re: The KII meter
Being an electrician as well and working with meters all the time, I treat them like gold and make sure the stay calibrated. I too use a K II on investigations, but like and meter it should be calibrated. How and where can this be done to verify accuracy. I have experienced this before, but unless we capture other things as an evp to go with it, we chaulk it up as nothing or a fluke, but not claim it to be anything really. even new electronic meters can get out of calibration in shipping. Problem is we are dealing with a fringe science and therefore our equipment are not required to follow the same guidelines as true science. long answer, huh?? Hope this helped!!

More
02 Oct 2012 16:09 #8 by hauntedahunters
Replied by hauntedahunters on topic Re: The KII meter
So would you say doing an investigation outside in an area filled with wolves, you would get that response from an Elemental?

More
02 Oct 2012 15:50 #9 by Brittany_Elaine
Replied by Brittany_Elaine on topic Re: The KII meter
I have experienced this on a case where we were dealing with an Elemental. We were outdoor, and we only experienced this in the exact section of trees where the elemental was claimed to be

More
02 Oct 2012 15:45 #10 by hauntedahunters
During any investigations,either inside or outside, has anyone experienced your KII meter staying on red. I am not talking about spikes or turning on and off the meter, I am talking about it staying on solid red for 5-7 seconds for no reason. The unit is 2 months old with a new battery? Has anyone experienced it?

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Features