Login

Videos

what ir lighting for our samsung dvr system????

More
17 May 2012 15:44 #1 by iburyem
I got two great ones off of ebay ( they easily light up a very LARGE space or a good portion of a single floor) I think I spent 12 dollars for each, tnad they can either directly hook up to your cam or you may simply plug them into a power supply. I was able to use one to fully illuminate a old iron work home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 03:23 #2 by crystalcross
It really is a matter of using the most sensitive camera and the strongest possible IR light source. I would hate to give one answer for all situations. The options can vary from a single very high power IR flood light, to multiple somewhat smaller IR light sources spread out through the area.

I personally have a 140LED IR flood light which I purchased a number of years ago. I originally purchased it for an outdoor IR camera system to monitor a yard. But it works great for investigations also.

You can try one or more of these:

On the other hand if your a project builder and into electronics, you can make an excellent IR light source with these little beauties:

If its a large room, I think I would probably personally opt for multiple 50 LED light sources spread through the room. Each with a diffraction filter in front to spread and scatter the light.

That would give a more smooth and natural light in a large room. But would not work for an outdoor situation. For that you may need 1-4 of the 140LED IR units. Always good to have a few of those in your gear kit. And include some 12V batteries which you can get at a store like Batteries Plus+. That way the IR LED's would be self contained.

More
17 May 2012 02:44 #3 by moviemakerrr
Were using a samsung ir dvr system for investigating but the stated amount of feet to shoot being 65 feet is off. Can go about 1/2 that in a small residential area but for lrager areas its even worse. Seems that they will cover small areas in sightline of the cameras but don't spread out to left and right of camera as much. It is a 520tvl system, so its a good system but without speading lots of money does anyone have a suggestion on what we might use to brighten things up.

Time to create page: 4.459 seconds

Features