Login

Videos

20-125 Radio Shack Turbo-Mod

More
15 Apr 2012 14:34 #1 by oicu812
Crystalcross THANK YOU VERY MUCH for that insight, it was digging at my brain for months lol. You always give a complete detailed response, love that! :)

Iburyem, yeah i have done stuff like that. like taken the external speaker and stuck it in an altoids container. worked fairly well. kinda like an echo chamber. so i stepped it up a notch and setup an amp with this echo machine. it has a large spring coil that if you shake the box it makes a wicked echo. so i ran it through that and got some more ....i dont know how you would say, "solid" responses. even though its echoing, you can make the words out clearer. lol Trial and error trial and error DJ lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2012 05:53 #2 by iburyem
have you any experience with signal blockers for the Psb87 ?

I've hear of people simply placing their "ghost box" in a cardboard box with foil outside, to better pick up what is being said. I find it hard at times, to always hear what is being said.. and have gotten frustrated answers from the respondents when I cannot always decipher what is being said at that moment.

More
07 Apr 2012 01:58 #3 by crystalcross
I've seen some questions in the quick-chat about the Radio Shack ghostbox modification for the 20-125.

If the question was about how to convert the 20-125 into a ghost box, there are some great articles on here about how to do that. Please look for related articles to this post at the bottom.

If however you were asking about a way to speed up the scanning rate, well that's another story. Those who have been around a while may remember Radio Shack and "Realistic" as one of the brands which was geared towards electronic techs and "Tinkerers". For almost every piece of equipment which they sold they would provide a service manual complete with full schematics.

Unfortunately in the last few years they've made a move along with the rest of the market to wards items purchased and assembled in China. As such they no longer have access to the full technical or service manuals. Many of the Mods you see out are hacks where people kept trying until they got it right.

I think on that particular model however, the digital circuit is all on one board which makes it very difficult to create a turbo modification. That may explain why up until this point I have yet to see such a modification. The scanner mod was relatively easy, since the signals which paused the scan were on one board, and the scanning electronics were on the other. So a simple cut did the truck. Changing the scanning speed is a function of changing out one of the capacitors and timing circuits which could in turn effect more than just the scanning speed.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Features