Login

Videos

cctv dvr system help

More
14 Mar 2012 18:52 #1 by crystalcross
Yes, 48 LED is a good setup. I think that will work nicely.
Not personally familiar with the Nightowl brand, so I'm not sure of its highlights and pitfalls. But I imagine its much the same as most every other one out on the market.

As for the wireless units, they come in all shapes sizes and types. I would look for a 900mz or 1.2Ghz, or 5.8ghz unit. The 2.4Ghz units interfere with everything else that's out on that frequency now. Also I've found the lower frequency units to have a bit better range.

For the battery I'm afraid its a bit more of a do-it-yourself deal. I would just get a small portable 12 volt NiCad battery which is made for an battery backup (UPS) unit. You can also pick one up which is made for RC cars, but they're going to be a bit more expensive. Either of those should power the unit for more time than you'll need in one investigation. It would have enough juice for the 12V wireless AV transmitter, and the 12V camera and IR LED's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 21:49 #2 by ghostman50
Replied by ghostman50 on topic Re: cctv dvr system help
hi rob thanks for resonding the cameras im looking at is the sony ccd night owl it has 48 leds with a range up too 120' (36.5 m) these cameras have built in mics the dvr is a night owl also Night Owl Poseidon 8-Channel H.264 DVR with D1 Recording now as far as the av transmiter should that be for video ? or sound ? or both ? also where can i buy a portable power pack from ? let me know what ya think of the cameras i want though thanks for your input .

More
12 Mar 2012 12:10 #3 by crystalcross
I personally love the Sony CCD cameras. Do you know how many LED's they have and I'm assuming the cams have audio capabilities. That's important.

As for the DVR, do you know whether its a Q-See or zModo, or some other brand?

Another thing as we discovered that may be valuable is a wireless AV transmitter and portable power pack for one of the cameras so that you can do a helmet mount if you want.

Just a thought. Sounds likea good kit though. Whats the storage size?

More
12 Mar 2012 03:07 #4 by ghostman50
im getting ready to buy some new cameras and dvr system that i can stream live investagations with here are the specs if some one could please look over this for me and tell me if this is worth getting .

Day Night Cameras

All-in-One LCD DVR

Standalone DVR

For Home Safety

Business Solution

Overview

This DVR has 8 channels and is a fully integrated DVR that records in real time. A remote control and mouse are included for easy setup and operation. With features like network access, VGA video output, and USB2.0 backup, you will find this DVR perfect for your home or small business. The DVR allows for access via 3G "Mobile Live" and through the internet at off site locations!

These bullet cameras are designed for indoor/outdoor use, and can be easily mounted. BNC connection is used for video and the power plug can be connected directly to a power source. Installation is easy and hassle free - just plug and play.

Very GOOD RESOLUTION day or night! Heavy duty, all weather constuction.

Featuring imaging provided by a 1/3" SONY Color CCD.

It delivers great video quality at 420 TV lines of resolution.

Very reliable operation, long operating life, and premium performance at an affordable price.

Package List

(1) 8 Channel H.264 DVR w/ Internet Access Facility
(1) 1000GB (1TB) HDD
(8) Sony CCD Day Night Waterproof Cameras
(1) Power Adapter Unit
(8) 60ft (20m) Video Power Cables
(1) Manual, Software, Mouse & IR remote
Features of the DVR

1. Adopts the standard Main profile H.264 compression technology, supports CIF/ D1 recording, Network transmission, and playback simultaneously

2. Supports dual-stream transmission for all channels

3. Supports multiple operations: observe in real time, record, playback, backup, remote view via internet and mobile phone

4. Supports backup with USB flash drive, hard disk, DVD/RW can be connected via USB port for recording backup information, can also backup to computer hard drive via network

5. Supports 1 channel BNC output, 1 channel VGA output

6. Supports Email alarm

7. Mobile phone surveillance (Win CE/Symbian/iPhone/Blackberry/Andriod)

8. Support PTZ Control

9. Support Multi-language OSD

10. Supports mouse and remote

11. Support 8 channel audio input and 1 channel audio output (Cameras have no microphones. So if you need to record sound, you need to buy microphones as well.)

Specifications of the DVR

Operating system
Embedded Linux OS
Video Compression Format
Main Profile H.264
Video Input
8 Channels BNC
Audio Input
8 Chanel RCA
Video Output
1 Channel BNC, 1 Channel VGA (1280 x 1024)
Audio Output
1 Channel RCA
Display Picture
1, 4, or 9 picture frames displayed on the monitor
Multiplex Operation
Real time\Display\Playback\Recording\Backup\
Mobile phone Surveillance\Network simultaneously
Display Resolution
PAL: D1 (704 x 576), NTSC:D1 (704 x 480)
Recording Mode
Manual\Timer\Motion Detection\ Remote
Recording Frame Rate
CIF@200fps (PAL); CIF@240fps (NTSC)
Recording Resolution
PAL: CIF (352 x 288); NTSC: CIF (352 x 240)
Recording Backup
USB/Hard Disk/Network to computer
Recording Play
Special player
Email Alarm
Send pics to the designated email
PTZ protocol
PELCO-D, PELCO-P
HDD Remain Time Hint
Supports
IE Browser
Supports
Client Software
Supports
Dual Stream
Supports (Main and secondary interchange)
Multi-language
Supports
Mobile Phone Surveillance
Supports Windows\Symbian\iPhone\Blackberry\Andriod Operating Systems
Mouse Interface
USB 1.1
Backup interface
USB2.0
Remoter Controller
Supports
Working Humidity
10% - 90%
Size
274 x 214 x 45 mm (LxWxH)
Specifications of the Cameras
1/3" Sony Color CCD Image Sensor
420 TV Lines, Horizontal
3.6mm Lens
Iris: Auto
Night Vision Min. Light: 0 Lux (IR On)
IR Irradiation Distance: 60' (20m)
Operation Temperature: -5F ~ 120F
Material: Aluminum Alloy
Power: 12V DC
Video Connector: BNC
Power Connector: RCA 12V DC

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Features