Login

Videos

We heard a knock. But there was more.

More
05 Oct 2011 01:49 #1 by Keith

crystalcross wrote: I'm right there with ya for the hearing aid. I guess it must be too much Rock and Roll in my younger days. Or perhaps not enough... Who knows!

Crystlcross,

LOL. Have to love that good old rock and roll! Though I can't carry a tune in a bucket I still love to listen to it and sing along to myself. LOL

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2011 01:29 #2 by crystalcross
I'm right there with ya for the hearing aid. I guess it must be too much Rock and Roll in my younger days. Or perhaps not enough... Who knows!

More
05 Oct 2011 00:35 #3 by Keith

crystalcross wrote: To me it sounds metallic in nature. Even the first part sounds like the end of a metal pipe being dragged on concrete for a short distance, and then the crash sounds like the metal pipe crashing against something not quite as harsh as concrete. As if a somewhat long (5+ foot) metal pipe was dragged with one end scraping against concrete, and then dropped onto a pile of wood. You can hear the metallic sound of the pipe but also the dampened sound of wood.

Not sure if any of those materials were at the site, but that's what I hear out of it.

Could also possibly be a chain rapidly being pulled off of a pully and falling onto some wood or a wooden table.

Crystalcross,

No plumbing no electricity and the only chains hung from hooks in the wall. I suppose it could be a residual haunting that continues to play over time. I thought a pipe struck as well I heard the gasp or breath as well Concrete or wood i guess My hearing is words off than I thought. lol Maybe that whisper 2000 is my next piece of equipment to purchase. LOLOLOL

I was hearing some kind of electronic sounding music or something like that before and after the bang sound.

But that is why I posted this EVP because I don't trust my hearing so much anymore.

Thanks for the post and information at least we all agree on the Bang being metallic. LOL

Keith

More
04 Oct 2011 13:44 - 04 Oct 2011 13:46 #4 by crystalcross
To me it sounds metallic in nature. Even the first part sounds like the end of a metal pipe being dragged on concrete for a short distance, and then the crash sounds like the metal pipe crashing against something not quite as harsh as concrete. As if a somewhat long (5+ foot) metal pipe was dragged with one end scraping against concrete, and then dropped onto a pile of wood. You can hear the metallic sound of the pipe but also the dampened sound of wood.

Not sure if any of those materials were at the site, but that's what I hear out of it.

Could also possibly be a chain rapidly being pulled off of a pully and falling onto some wood or a wooden table.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2011 13:46 by crystalcross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith

More
04 Oct 2011 13:40 - 04 Oct 2011 13:43 #5 by Keith

mot247 wrote: I heard a sharp intake of breath, followed by the words "Get out"...
Great Catch! Hope this information helps! :)

mot247

You are the first to put words to the EVP. These ears have spent to many years in factories so I miss much more than younger ears do. Maybe a Whisper 2000 would help me? LOL

Thanks for the reply and the input I'll go back to the original file and take a closer look for the words.

I hear like a digital music with these ears so all opinions are welcomed on any of my posts.

Keith
Last edit: 04 Oct 2011 13:43 by Keith.

More
04 Oct 2011 13:31 #6 by mot247
I heard a sharp intake of breath, followed by the words "Get out"...
Great Catch! Hope this information helps! :)

More
04 Oct 2011 12:55 - 04 Oct 2011 12:57 #7 by Keith
crystalcross

It is nice to get these responses. Electronics is such a varied field that many of us older investigators get lost in the shuffle. This is why a site like this is so important to have. Your post saved me countless hours of research and precious tine while on an investigation; the time goes by fast enough as it is.

Thanks a bunch for the tutorial and lesson. It helps me get up to speed that much quicker.

Keith
Last edit: 04 Oct 2011 12:57 by Keith.

More
04 Oct 2011 12:37 #8 by crystalcross

Keith wrote: an older tape type recorder to see if I can eliminate any digital interferences that may have come from the recorder itself but with the Magnetic Taping systems they present questions themselves as to what may be missed

I would have to disagree on this in part. Digital recorders do not actually induce any additional noise. Its just that their reproduction is so much clearer that the noise is not lost in the process. Old analog tape recorders induce significantly more noise than anything digital. Its just that most magnetic pickups inherently filter much of the noise because many high frequencies are lost on magnetic medium. There are a variety of reasons for this, but one large one is that the magnetic coils in the pickup itself act as a bit of a frequency dampener. Also the magnetic medium (tape) is allowed to move slightly and the metal oxide used on most tapes just can not retain higher frequencies as well as lower ones. So that creates a bit of a non-linear reproduction. Also the magnetic pickups on the tape recorder are susceptible to surrounding EMF sources. (One reason I add a EMF pickup to my digital recorder to be able to capture those).

On a digital recorder you tend to hear more background noise because its actually able to capture and reproduce it. This allows you to bring the volume up more to hear things which were at very low levels. Does the room always have all that background hiss? No, absolutely not. Much of the hiss and noise on ANY recording does not come from the room or environment. This is whats known as your signal to noise ratio. The amount of ambient background hiss created by the electronics in the recording device. Inherently the amplifier chips (or transistors) in a recorder create some frequency components in the higher range. (hiss). There are some higher quality amplifier chips which create less hiss, but most of these are much more costly and not used on lower end recorders. That's one reason its important to pay attention to signal to noise ratio. Unfortunately that is one drawback of semiconductors (transistors and chips) since they were first devised. Those bad little electrons tend to escape through the gate (quite literally) and cause some noise as they do. That's one reason why in some circles the old tube amplifiers are still so popular, almost no noise. Of course it would be difficult to have a voice recorder the size of a small end-table to lug around to an investigation.

More
04 Oct 2011 11:19 #9 by Keith
raycheljame

The crack of the bang and the shuffle or breath I find somewhat usual in basis. But, the sounds before and after in the low frequencies has me pondering what the sounds really were.

I am going to start using an older tape type recorder to see if I can eliminate any digital interferences that may have come from the recorder itself but with the Magnetic Taping systems they present questions themselves as to what may be missed and you can only hear what the volume allows you to hear. If converted to digital from the tape we face the same questions of contamination. I guess until we find other ways of confirmation is available we trudge on.

Thanks for the reply raycheljame.

Keith

More
04 Oct 2011 11:09 #10 by Keith

LadyFlash wrote: The more I listen the more it sounds like a sharp intake of breath followed by a crack of a pipe on another surface or a gunshot.

LadyFlash

I thought it sounded like a strike on a pipe with a hammer or the sound of a hot water heat system having air trapped in the lines makes. But no water, no Electricity and no heat in the building had ne wondering what the noise was.

Also the EVP's knock was not as abrupt as we hear on this segment. Once separated from the rest of the recording and the volume has been hiked up to hear the back ground noises better. So it was not a sharp sound in real time it was a sound that made us ask. Did you hear that? Yup we did, but there was more there as we found later.

Thanks again for the reply.

Keith

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Features