Login

Videos

Gettysburg EVP "Major General"

More
23 Sep 2011 15:01 #1 by polarice7000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2011 20:54 #2 by SchmidtTalker
Wow! That is really clear! Awesome! :-)

More
13 Sep 2011 01:49 #3 by bug11210
great EVP! I can hear every word said - and you're right there is a fainter voice saying Johan Dekalb!:)

More
13 Sep 2011 01:32 - 13 Sep 2011 01:44 #4 by Arcticpuppett

File Attachment:

File Name: MajorGener...0-06.mp3
File Size:239 KB

My husband got this while standing on his own in the arctic freeze of the early evening in December while standing in front of Major General Meade's statue in Gettysburg At the time we weren't married, so later that evening after got home he called me and was all excited because we had just started investigating places other than just local places, and was happy to get to Gettysburg and acutally come up with something interesting. So he told me he was sending me this sound file and to let him know what I headr. He said it was clear as day and awesome. So I listened and I heard what he heard, but I heard a name after it and I told him it sounded like it had an accent. So he heard "Major General". But I heard that and then soon after there's a fainter voice that I heard as "Johan "BE..something" or" Johan De..something". Couldn't make out the ending. So the funny little interesting part of this EVP he caught was that I decided to google "Major General Johan" and found out there was a Major General Johan Dekalb, born in Germany, who came over here and fought in 1777-80. Although he didn't die or fight in Gettysburg particularly,(instead Valley Forge and then died in South Carolina) I thought it was just a neat thing to hear the name of someone who we didn't even know existed and had ties to the civil war. Biography of General Baron Johan DeKalb Here's a link to the article about him we found.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2011 01:44 by Arcticpuppett.

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds

Features