Login

Videos

EVP

More
09 Apr 2012 04:31 #1 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: EVP
they are very distorted.. which is why I'm posting hers up here.. cuz to me they are worthless the way they are.. and I dont want to post "junk" on my teams site... ;)

On a positive note, we have gotten a hold of group about 2 hours from here, who are coming out to investigate this home with us (this may be our last shot) and it will be a nice change as the other female investigator is too emotionally invested in this case ( as her son, grandson and daughter in law where the residents in this home) while I do not have a tie to this home..her and I have been the primary investigators in this home, and well as you hear.. her recording dont come out right.. I am anti-orb pretty much (unless I see it with my naked eye) and she is an "orb" person, so our analyzing of evidence we come up with totally different results.. hence why this forum is great.. lots of opinions from different people... :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2012 04:37 #2 by MIKE_EVP
Replied by MIKE_EVP on topic Re: EVP
these evps are to distorted to understand im sry

More
08 Apr 2012 04:35 #3 by MIKE_EVP
Replied by MIKE_EVP on topic Re: EVP
i agree with ya there very distorted.some sound human just my oppion

More
07 Apr 2012 21:48 #4 by iburyem
agreed!

More
07 Apr 2012 21:31 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: EVP

iburyem wrote: She says the recordings dont sound so bad on her computer, but I didnt cut or edit them, and thats how she sends them to me, so it makes it hard for me to analyze and post them.

What you're describing sounds like perhaps she has loaded the software that came with the recorder on her computer, and perhaps it included some Codec (Coder/Decoder) which was optimized for that recorder. Perhaps if she sends the software for the recorder to you, they may sound better on yours as well. Just a thought.

More
07 Apr 2012 21:26 #6 by iburyem
yes, she has an Olympus, and it consistently records like that, that is what she sent me.. I am in the process of getting new recorders for the group ( like mine which are crisp and clear) I am not sure why theirs are so scraggly.

I had the k-2 sitting on a wooden table, and had not moved it, but it was the only time it had gone off the entire time we had been there ( 3 times now). I didn't even see it, she had.

She says the recordings dont sound so bad on her computer, but I didnt cut or edit them, and thats how she sends them to me, so it makes it hard for me to analyze and post them.. especially since the recorder wasnt with me.. I cannot account for where it was or who was where, with mine I mark any changes in people around me, or where I am. I know she uses audacity.

More
07 Apr 2012 21:21 #7 by crystalcross
By the way, I'll go on to mention that we also had an EMFVP recorder going at the time. And once I listened to that after the investigation, it was clear that the reading was from an electrical panel. You could clearly hear the 60 cycle hum. I strongly encourage everyone to use an EMFVP during investigations. It really can help tell the difference between a real EMF reading, and one from some electronic or electrical source.

More
07 Apr 2012 21:17 #8 by crystalcross
So let me ask you this, are you uploading the raw file as it comes off the recorder? That just doesn't sound right. It has so much interference and so much loss, I find it had understand how it could come from an olympus recorder. I have an olympus and it records wonderfully detailed and amazingly crisp recordings. Although mine can record in native MP3 format.

One thing I would warn about K2 meters and EMF detectors. This last weekend I was part of an investigation, and during the course of the investigation it happened several times when the medium which was with us went into a small bathroom to investigate, the EMF detector would peg. This is a room that I had previously taken baseline readings of, and gotten less than .04 MG. Very low readings.

But consistently when she would go into the room, the EMF detector would peg. I went into the room again, and with her standing there it pegged. And on one instance it stayed pegged the entire time. This would happen over and over again and we were fairly convinced that there was a no non-paranormal explanation.

Later that evening through I noticed that during one instance when this happened, the readings stayed pegged extendedly, and at the same exact level during the entire time she was there communicating. That clued me in that there was more going on here. So I took baseline readings again. And they were low with her not there. I checked the medium to see if there was some emf source near her, but none was found.

So finally I took readings of the entire room again, and at one point it spiked. And it was when I had my back to one particular wall.

Well, come to find out about 5-6 feed behind this room there was an electrical panel. Normally the panel did not create a large enough EMF field to register. So the baseline never reflected this. Even when measuring the wall in the direction of the panel, the readings were not that high. It was only when the person holding the meter had their back facing the wall closest to the panel, that the readings pegged. The body was acting as an antenna for the EMF signals, and amplifying the readings.

So the point is, I would caution using EMF readings as anything more than a way to hone in on possible paranormal activity. I would not use it in any way as reliable evidence.

More
07 Apr 2012 20:22 #9 by iburyem
im having a hard time understanding this one ( first off her recorder records horrible and its an Olympus) but she was saying the K2 went from yellow to Orange) and something is being said prior... I just cannot get it... before hand we were talking about the last Funk, and Sonner and a man named Jocob Funk owned the land (well the whole town) and his brother John ( both names we get while in the home) and had a plantation there.

More
07 Apr 2012 20:17 #10 by iburyem
wavepad does not have those options... I will have to tinker with audacity.

I havent yet combed through them, just listened on wmp

File Attachment:

File Name: raweneregy.wav
File Size:775 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Features