Login

My grandad visited me straight after he'd died.

More
04 Jan 2012 19:20 #1 by melly666
Thank you Lesley. It wasn't scarey funny enough,it just felt 'natural'. It's lovely your father appeared to you in this way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 17:41 #2 by LeslieAValentin
It is not uncommon for someone to "make the rounds" to people they loved or cared about after death has occurred.

Many times, it is an acknowledgment to you that you are important to them; even if there was not a "closeness". It is also a way of showing that they are "okay" now. And the appearance does not have to happen in a familiar place.

While some can be scared when these visits take place, I consider it to be something that can be used in the ease of the ones still living that the person who passed is not suffering anymore and that they loved you enough to say "see you later".

I was a child when my father passed. He had never been in the house we lived in, but the day he passed, his physical body was in a Veterans Hospital/Home in Florida and I was in New Jersey. He appeared in the way I knew him best and was most used to seeing him as before he got sick - in full uniform (US Air Force). There was a peace on his face. He was no longer trapped inside a prison of a body that required 24/7 care keep him alive.

What a blessing it is to you that your grandfather loved you that much to come to you even if that "closeness" wasn't there. A thing to remember is, especially with older generations who pass is that showing affection and/or expressing affection were not always strong suits in life, but it does not dismiss the internal love that they felt for someone.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

More
04 Jan 2012 11:47 - 04 Jan 2012 11:50 #3 by melly666
This was one of the weirdest I had. I am British (my Grandad lived in London). This happened about 20 years a go and I remember it to this day still. I was at that point working/living in Israel. I wasn't that close to my Grandad either. I knew he was in hospital in the UK but didn't realise how serious it was so didn't really pay much attention to this,thought it was just a health blip or something when you get older. Anyway I'd just got in from work,I was staying in a hostle. All of a sudden I had an imprint of my Grandad standing infront of me,I could smell his house and I could feel his emotions and 'heard' in my mind what he was thinking telepathically. I could feel his energy darting about panicing and saying 'what has happened to me'. I realisd he had just died and was there in the room with me confused. I said through my mind 'Grandad,you're okay you've just died,you'll be alright!' .I didn't know what advise to offer him so I said in my mind to just go towards the light and that everybody was waiting for you over there. He 'disappeared'. I turned to my friend and said my grandad had just died and was just here. I rang my mum as soon as possible the next day.I told her he had 'visited' me. She said grandad had died that day and when she gave the time of death when I worked out the time difference this had happened at the exact time I had this experience.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 11:50 by melly666. Reason: Mispelling-lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nisalynn

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Features