Login

Videos

Being charged to go on investigations

More
26 Jan 2012 02:26 #11 by RXRom
You should be able to observe the first time for free. It should be a "learning experience" for those intrested in the paranormal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grandmaducky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jan 2012 02:15 #12 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: Being charged to go on investigations
over the course of years I have spent thousands of dollars for mystery classes If your are devoted you won't mine paying a fee things cost there should be more then just showing up.

More
26 Jan 2012 01:33 #13 by crystalcross
I would have to agree with several of the various different statements.

#1 - If its a real investigation, and you're charging for admission from non-members of the investigation then it sounds more like paranormal tourism, and I'm no big fan of that. Kind of like all the ghost tours popping up everywhere. However, I do understand the need by some historical societies to charge for access to a location in the interest of upkeep and covering the cost of maintaining the location and insurance fees.

#2 - If its a charge or fee requested by a group to cover expenses for shared equipment and travel fees, then I really have no problem with that. There are a considerable number of costs involved in having a paranormal investigation group, and no one person really should have to cover those costs alone.

#3 - I'm not really a big fan of mass organized investigations. To have a real investigation you really have to be familiar and comfortable with the individuals you are going with. After all your trusting that they will not do anything to put you in danger. And you have to be able to trust to individuals with you to make sure that nobody is introducing possible noise into the collected evidence. Same reason a group which is too large is also not conducive to a good investigation.

Ultimately I think we would all love to be able to make this from a mere hobby or passion into a full time profession. And in doing so there must always be some way to bring income in by doing it. I don't think that necessarily is a bad thing, but rather just a fact of life. But I think its important through-out the process to always remember to provide to those who need your help, without charge.

More
25 Jan 2012 23:51 #14 by grandmaducky
i agree with you

More
25 Jan 2012 23:48 #15 by Peek-A-Boo
In the case of the TV show cast leading public investigations they may have to rent the location and probably need to pay insurance so a fee is not unwarranted. BUT, not $200.00 per person IMO and not a HUGE group :sick:

More
25 Jan 2012 23:44 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Someone brought up at some point that there may be a cost of overhead like renting a place out or splitting the cost of equipment or paying to borrow equipment. For that, especially for smaller groups starting out sounds reasonable to me, but other than that I don't really thing there should be a fee for this, more like "membership dues" or something like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grandmaducky, toco

More
25 Jan 2012 23:38 #17 by grandmaducky
My thinking is if its a true investagation they should invite only a couple of people and not charge them just pay for battiers and such that are needs of the investagtion not to make a profit from it but that is just my thinking just wondered what others thought thanks for your answer

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Jan 2012 23:28 #18 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Being charged to go on investigations
I think it depends on what you want to get out of it. If it's for entertainment and your first time, then it might not be a bad thing. But at the same time, realize that it is for entertainment, so it isn't necessarily guaranteed to be all real.

On the other hand, if you want more truth, you have a great community of people here and I think there's a good chance that Crystal Cross can help you get together with someone in your area. This would be more educational and best of all, will most likely be free.

More
25 Jan 2012 23:08 #19 by grandmaducky
I just wonder what everybody thinks about being charged to go on investagtions ?

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Features