Login

Videos

incubus

More
27 Jan 2012 00:32 #1 by sparky151
Replied by sparky151 on topic Re: incubus
thanks for the feedback all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 01:40 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: incubus
So Sparks,

I think the advice so far has been pretty good advice all around. Try to keep it positive, and make positive changes in your life. No matter what the cause of what is happening to you that can only serve to add clarity to the situation.

Now as for the best course of action. If it were me, what I would do is first attempt to determine whether I'm dealing with something physical, or more internal or spiritual. I would suggest perhaps asking a friend to stay the night with you to monitor you and if need be help intercede if something happens. On the one hand it would help to determine the nature of these attacks or events, and also at the same time it may serve to help you get a good quiet night's rest.

If that isn't possible at the very least I would set up a video recorder and (if you have one) a voice recorder by your bedside. That would also help to determine if these are physical attacks taking place or something that soley exists in your dream (or is communicating with you in your dream).

At present the possibilities are endless and it could be any number of things. I would certainly not jump to the conclusion of an incubus right off the bat. For one, I personally don't think that inhuman type events are that common place. Also there's no reason to get any form of fear or panic started, that just serves to set the seed for weakness down the road.

It could be a regular haunting, it could be just dreams, you could be sensitive and picking up on someone else's angst, you could be taking a journey somewhere while you sleep. I would certainly look to answer some more questions before making any conclusions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe

More
24 Jan 2012 06:27 #3 by LeslieAValentin
Replied by LeslieAValentin on topic Re: incubus

.. but night terrors and bad dreams are very common for me. I don't really like staying at other peoples houses,

Hi Sparky,

I'm not trying to downplay what you are experiencing, and I'm not a clinical psychologist. But I have lived with night terrors and bad dreams in the past. I think, IMO, before applying a demonic name such as an Incubus to what is going on; partly because I think that is an extreme, that other things are looked as well.

You mentioned that this happens while you are dreaming. It is not uncommon to have a sexually oriented dream. In dream analysis, it is not a rarity for the subconscious to speak to you about things that consciously you might not even be seeing with tension, career, anxiety, family, marriage, etc.

Having these type of dreams may very well be your body reflecting it's need and desire for sex or closeness. However it could also have a deeper meaning as well.

Probably one of the most important things to think about is by remembering your sex dream and how you felt while it happened and how you feel when you wake up. A dream diary is very handy here. You keep a notebook, journal, etc. and a writing utensil by your bed. Write your dreams down when you first wake up so you do not forget anything. This is very useful in helping to pinpoint a horrific memory of real life that consciously you have not fully dealt with - thus it tries to emerge to the surface through dreams (scary or otherwise). If it is in repetition; meaning night after night, and it is upsetting each time, again write it down.

If it is not something you can pinpoint on your own, perhaps talking to a trained professional could very well help. And please understand, I am not calling you crazy or insinuating that you are. But I do not want to see you being upset more so because someone told you a demon is coming to see you.

Try keeping a journal and see if it helps to pinpoint the root of these dreams.

Good luck and soft hugs

More
24 Jan 2012 04:46 #4 by sparky151
Electricdealer,
My friend is a 3rd degree reiki master not sure were that gets classified as. I have had a few grandparents die around this time of year, but not from anything sudden or catastrophic just old age and all peaceful like. Unfortunately Hail Marry's are kinda out of the question for me.

TressesOfNephthys,
His thoughts are much the same as yours. He recommended meditating, burning some white sage and/or wearing a hamsa if I had one.

thanks though for both of your input.

More
24 Jan 2012 04:21 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: incubus
Did your chakra clearing friend make any suggestions for you? Out of curiosity?

Here's my thoughts: Regardless of if you can actually classify this thing as a true incubus (up for debate I guess) I think you do have *something* attached to you. Your aura is your first line of defense, the psychic immune system. Sometimes we get really run down, things are weighing on us, we suffer prolonged illnesses, we don't sleep right for long periods of time, etc etc, then the aura can become worn thin and can develop holes. It makes us vulnerable to outside influences, good and bad.

So you can start out by trying to make some positive changes. They don't need to be permanent. Think of it like a detox. Clean up your diet, stop smoking, stop drinking (I have no idea if you do any of this, just making a generalization), get a little exercise, take your vitamins, drink a lot of water and herbal tea. Not trying to sound like some kind of inspirational speaker here lol but when you feel good and have energy you become stronger physically and spiritually. Hope this helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sparky151

More
24 Jan 2012 04:16 #6 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: incubus
sparky151, have you lost a spouse or significant other around this time (could of been years ago)? Is your friend a psychic/medium? Naming an entity, if that is what it is, Demonic off the bat is not helpful IMO If you are Catholic saying the Hail Mary before going to bed can't hurt.

More
24 Jan 2012 03:53 #7 by sparky151
crystalcross,
It started a few days ago. I don't remember ever feeling this before but night terrors and bad dreams are very common for me. I don't really like staying at other peoples houses, I haven't for many years, so I am not sure if it would fallow me some place else. The few people I have mentioned it to have not commented on having anything similar.

My friend that does a Chakra clearing for me was the one who brought up the Incubus after I explained things to him.

More
24 Jan 2012 03:41 #8 by sparky151
The way it started last night was first it felt like a person curled up next to me to spoon me, I even felt what was like a arm around me. Then it became heavy and the arm was tight across my chest. I felt like I was being smoothered in my bed. I tried to wake up because I knew it is a dream but can't get my eyes to open and started having problems breathing. I am not sure if I am actually talking out loud or just thinking I am but I try to tell it to go away or that it is not wanted. I thought I woke from one of my dreams and scolded the empty side of my bed (yeah it is kinda weird) but then learned I was still dreaming and felt arms wrap around my chest and squeeze so tight I woke up gasping for breath.
It happened 3 times last night and before the feeling of another presence I am having some fairly "R" rated dreams which is not a common dream theme for me. I realize while this starts that I should try to think about something else, but I seem unable to stop or to wake up if I try and it all happens all over again.

More
24 Jan 2012 03:30 #9 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: incubus
Sparky,

Many questions come to mind...

What kind of experiences are you having?
Do they follow you when you stay somewhere else?
When did it start?
Is anyone but you experiencing anything?
Has anything like this happened to you before?

If you prefer, you can always use the private message system on this site to send messages if you would prefer not to make this public.

More
24 Jan 2012 03:18 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: incubus
What type of symptoms are you experiencing??

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Features