Login

Videos

Ouija board

More
14 Jan 2012 04:44 #1 by tyrstag
Replied by tyrstag on topic Re: Ouija board
I look at the ouija board as a tool. I personally use this one:

I know it's a little corny looking, but everything is in a circle so I can us a pendulum.

I first ground and center, ryan a circle. I do a protction prayer/ritual before hand. I alsoclose the circle and recenter myself.

When it comes to closing the "portal", closing the circle should do that, but I like to pirigy the room and my tools once in a while. Also, if something went wrong, or seemed out of place, I would definatelu do it all right away.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2012 03:23 #2 by Lindsay1121
Replied by Lindsay1121 on topic Re: Ouija board
Well this game or board, whatever someone wants to call it, causes superstition and plenty of it, So anything can be expected. If the energy is there. And I recognized the portal to begin while channeling the spirits...asking them to reply and come about. That's were I take it the portal begins imo

And respect? Disturbing the dead and the dead disturbing us...where is the respect there?

More
14 Jan 2012 02:46 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Ouija board
May I add--put the board away. Don't leave it out. You wanna know how they can become portals? People get scared, run away and leave them out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
14 Jan 2012 02:23 #4 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Ouija board
Ouija Boards - Tips On How To Use Them

For the Ouija Board to work properly, 2 people must gently rest their fingers on the planchette. The Ouija Board supposedly works better when placed on the knees, but a table works fine. In the end, it's whether a spirit wishes to communicate or not that gives you the ultimate result, which depends not on where the board is placed.

Talk to Your Ouija Board
The 'proper' way to start is to keep repeating, "Ouija, are you there?" until movement is felt. Small jerks are usually felt but result from slight twitching from one of the 'players'. When the spirit wishes to communicate, a strong sweep of the planchette will be felt as it navigates the Ouija Board and points at the word "Yes". If you see a look of surprise on your partner's face, it's usually a good indication that it's a genuine spirit. Keep in mind, laughing and giggling usually results in aggravating the spirit and will keep them from communicating - or sometimes making them violent or verbally offensive.

Is it a Good Spirit?
Next step is to ask the spirit if they're from the sun or moon ("Where are you from?" sounds less cheesey but may not be specific for your question). They will point to one of the pictures on the Ouija Board. A sun spirit is considered good while the moon is bad, however, not all spirits can be trusted so pay attention to their behaviour to judge for yourself.

Respect the Dead
Once you have contact, ask questions about them to find out who they are before asking personal questions about yourself. Spirits are bad spellers and sometimes shorten the words to save time. One thing to remember: when asked how old they are, be specific on how old they were when they died. A 35 year old woman who died 8 years before will tell you she's 8 unless you specify 'at time of death'. Some spirits may become upset when pried with questions on their life, so show respect. They may have lost their physical body, but they still have human feelings like you.

Ask Questions
Find out who your future wife or husband will be. What job will you have in 5 years? What's the astral plane like? What kind of music did they listen to? Anything. (Lottery numbers never seem to work...). If you're running out of questions but still having fun, see how fast they can do figure 8's with the planchette (almost more fun than asking questions!!). Figure 8's can sometimes mean you've angered the spirit

When to End Communication
Don't be scared. Imagine you are conversing with a new friend sitting beside you. Treat them like a person and they'll show you respect in return. As some humans have bad attitudes, their negativity will be carried with them beyond death. If the spirit shows aggression, end communication - but still in the proper way.

Goodbye, Ouija Board
When you feel it is time to end the coversation, let the spirit know you are stopping communication. Be sure to say "Goodbye" and watch for the planchette to point to the word "Goodbye" on the Ouija Board. If they fail to do so, say it again. This is the hang-up on the call. Without it, they could (according to some) remain connected to some form of 'doorway' into this world, however, the more you learn about spirits, the less this seems necessary for them - but there's no point in taking chances.

More
14 Jan 2012 02:00 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
JB, using the blindfold would certainly be a technique to make sure someone isn't cheating.

True story: maybe 3 or 4 years ago I was contacted by some wannabe Howard Stern DJs at some radio station in Michigan, I want to say, because I guess they thought I was some Ouija expert. They wanted to know what I would say if they burned a Ouija board as a Halloween stunt. I don't know what they thought I was going to do/say. Maybe they hoped I was going to protest or scream my head off. I told them go right ahead. It's a tool like anything else. If you want to go waste your money then go ahead. I never got a call back from them about appearing LOL.

More
14 Jan 2012 01:48 #6 by jbbiggs
Replied by jbbiggs on topic Re: Ouija board
I have burned one before with no ill effect as of yet, it's been 25yrs ago.
I have heard the proper way to use one is to blindfold the users and have one watching for output....

More
14 Jan 2012 01:04 #7 by Peek-A-Boo
here are some interesting thoughts about mirrors:
The belief that the soul projects out of the body and into mirrors in the form of reflection underlies perhaps the most widely known mirror superstition: that breaking a mirror brings seven years' bad luck. Many believed that breaking a mirror also broke the soul of the one who broke it. The soul, so angered at being hurt, exacted seven years of bad luck in payment for such carelessness. The Romans, who were the first to make glass mirrors, attributed the seven years' bad luck to their belief that life renewed itself every seven years. To break a mirror meant to break one's health, and this "broken health" would not be remedied for seven years. The bad luck could be averted, though, by grinding the mirror shards to dust so that no shattered reflections could again be seen in them. The early American slaves adopted a less grueling way to deal with this kind of ill luck: submerge the broken mirror pieces in a stream of south-running water, and the bad luck would be washed away in seven hours.

In some cultures, the breaking of a mirror was thought to presage a death in the family within the year. This association of mirrors with death is common in folklore, and stems from the belief that the soul could become trapped in the mirror, causing death. For this reason, young children were often not allowed to look in a mirror until they were at least a year old. Mirrors were covered during sleep or illness so that the soul, in its wanderings, would not become trapped and unable to return to the body. After a death in the family, mirrors were also covered or turned to the wall to prevent the soul of the newly departed from becoming caught in the mirror, delaying its journey to the afterlife. In Bulgaria, this practice warded off more sinister intentions -- that the soul of the dead person, lingering about its former home until the burial of its body, would carry off the soul of a living person whose reflection appeared in a mirror. Mirrors appear commonly as grave goods in Serbo-Croatia, particularly for those who die prematurely. These are the most "dangerous" dead, apt to roam from their graves and harry the living. Mirrors are believed to trap the soul of the deceased at the gravesite where it belongs.

The belief that the soul could be caught and trapped in a mirror appears in many other ways. The peoples of northern India considered it dangerous to look into a mirror that belonged to someone else. It was especially so to look into the mirrors of a house you were visiting: when you left, you would leave part of your soul behind trapped in the mirrors, which could then be manipulated by your host to his advantage. In 18th century India, women were seen to wave mirrors before the image of death goddess Kali, apparently to appease her need for human sacrifice with the reflection of a person rather than the sacrifice of a real human being.

More
14 Jan 2012 00:36 #8 by Lindsay1121
Replied by Lindsay1121 on topic Re: Ouija board

Eclecticdealer wrote: I avoid anything that can open a vortex/portal. It can open the unknown portal through which dark forces come out and encourage other unwanted souls to come in freely.

Mirrors are also known to be gateways to the other side and can work both ways from either sides provided one knows how to channel it correctly and then close it. There are many people who believe in this and always cover their bedroom mirrors with a towel before bedtime. Some people make sure that their bed’s reflection doesn’t fall on a mirror or their body or feet when they sleep at night.

Oh my god, you just talked about one of the things I have experienced (mirrors), and why for a while I would sleep with my mirror covered.

I was in a cult for about a year, a very deep one delved in darkness and whatnot (they hid themselves real well, so I thought they were a good religious sect, but found out once I left that they were not). It was the worst nightmare of my life. Me and my ex were sent to destroy and burn a Ouija board, it did burn but had weird smoke coming out from it. It was odd. Yes, they burn..they they are just cardboard. But the real crap with them lie between the shapes and symbols on the boards (and the meaning behind them), and the souls present in the room. Nothing to do with burning the board, I doubt the spirit cares..it's about the belief in what you're asking and who you're asking and the 'portaling' of the spirits...it can be very very dangerous.. know too many people who've had their lives messed with because of these games they've played with this board. My mom wouldn't even allow it inside her house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RXRom

More
14 Jan 2012 00:21 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Not the popular consensus around here but I don't think they themselves are bad. People misuse them and don't have a clue and bad things happen. To me, they just aren't accurate because they're too slow compared to the spirit world. Burning them is--whatever. Like burning my toaster. Just a waste of money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyrstag

More
13 Jan 2012 23:29 #10 by Peek-A-Boo
I avoid anything that can open a vortex/portal. It can open the unknown portal through which dark forces come out and encourage other unwanted souls to come in freely.

Mirrors are also known to be gateways to the other side and can work both ways from either sides provided one knows how to channel it correctly and then close it. There are many people who believe in this and always cover their bedroom mirrors with a towel before bedtime. Some people make sure that their bed’s reflection doesn’t fall on a mirror or their body or feet when they sleep at night.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds

Features