Videos

A Question & A Theory

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 00:20 #1 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: A Question & A Theory

spookycute33 wrote: Yes, I really don't like the term "ghost hunter" either. For me at least, there are just so many other things that can be causing a phenomena than your traditional "ghosts".... I have learned quickly since moving to the East that this is even more so here lol.

I am a firm believer in science above all. This has influenced many aspects of my life from my views on religion to those on the paranormal ( which I suppose could be argued to be very similar topics...) For me it is the thrill of theorizing about a particular occurrence and exploring all of the possibilities, both natural and supernatural that could be causing it, rather than just "trying to catch the ghosts causing it" lol

This is one of the main reasons why I left the group mentioned to form my own. It seemed that just about everything they did was halfhearted and was not backed up with any scientific data but rather was exactly that "people out chasing ghosts" an sadly often people praying and throwing salt and Christian blessings at Asian energies :huh: :huh: :huh: call me too critical but as a student of cultural anthropology and a lover of history, the island and the spirits of it both human and otherwise deserve so much more from us as researchers.

Well said SC. I think there's so much more depth that can be explored in this arena that many are not willing to go. I guess I could compare it to a living person and getting to know them. I don't think it's any different when they're in spirit form. Just my 2 cents again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2012 00:11 #2 by Ghastly Girl

HauntedSomerset wrote: We must have some type of reputation on the other side. I always seem to get the same types. Mostly newbies. Someone must be saying "that one's good with the crazies and that one's good with the n00bs" :lol:

I had to chuckle at the "n00b" statement. I can't even imaging how confusing it must be to be a "ghost n00b" and possibly not even know you are dead.. interesting thing to ponder though lol

More
09 Jan 2012 00:08 #3 by Ghastly Girl
Yes, I really don't like the term "ghost hunter" either. For me at least, there are just so many other things that can be causing a phenomena than your traditional "ghosts".... I have learned quickly since moving to the East that this is even more so here lol.

I am a firm believer in science above all. This has influenced many aspects of my life from my views on religion to those on the paranormal ( which I suppose could be argued to be very similar topics...) For me it is the thrill of theorizing about a particular occurrence and exploring all of the possibilities, both natural and supernatural that could be causing it, rather than just "trying to catch the ghosts causing it" lol

This is one of the main reasons why I left the group mentioned to form my own. It seemed that just about everything they did was halfhearted and was not backed up with any scientific data but rather was exactly that "people out chasing ghosts" an sadly often people praying and throwing salt and Christian blessings at Asian energies :huh: :huh: :huh: call me too critical but as a student of cultural anthropology and a lover of history, the island and the spirits of it both human and otherwise deserve so much more from us as researchers.

More
08 Jan 2012 21:43 #4 by HauntedSomerset
We must have some type of reputation on the other side. I always seem to get the same types. Mostly newbies. Someone must be saying "that one's good with the crazies and that one's good with the n00bs" :lol:

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2012 19:36 #5 by Steven Matrix

spookycute33 wrote: In another case we were in a building on the flight line of an air force baseand had a very hostile male spirit that had a lot to say...complete with calling one of our team pathetic.

I think if we are really just another form of ourselves as spirits then ghost hunters really must be a big joke to them....just like in this form though, each will react differently

I agree with you and believe that spirits do want to make contact, but on their terms; meaning that if we appear "pathetic", we will not get much of anything from them. Coming across to them in a manner that is contrary to what they believe and how they think will get next to zero results IMHO.

I myself don't like the term "Ghost Hunters" because it denotes a thrill seeking, paranormal adrenaline joy ride. Even people who call themselves "serious" ghost hunters fall under this category I think. That's why I think a 10 hour investigation [for example] that yields a 5-10 evp with something on it is a joke. You worked how many hours for this? Lol. See, I'm laughing as I'm typing.

Give the same respect to the spirit as you would if they were flesh and blood and see what happens. Anything less is just amateur at best.

More
08 Jan 2012 17:02 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
To go back to Steven's original question/theory, if I'm interpreting correctly, I don't know if I believe that in alternative universes that there are other versions of us roaming around, at least not at this current period of time, if that makes sense. I'm more apt to believe that it could be us from previous/future life times. I think the other side can see this all at once since there really isn't a concept of time over there.

More
08 Jan 2012 16:44 #7 by Ghastly Girl
I think you are spot on with this actually. 2 particular cases from a past group I was in come to mind....in one the group was at a gate to a marine base supposedly haunted by a soldier from Ww2 era that will ask for a light for his cigarette. While they never had any lighter requests they did catch an EVP stating "what a bunch of assholes" lol

In another case we were in a building on the flight line of an air force baseand had a very hostile male spirit that had a lot to say...complete with calling one of our team pathetic.

I think if we are really just another form of ourselves as spirits then ghost hunters really must be a big joke to them....just like in this form though, each will react differently

More
08 Jan 2012 13:04 #8 by kirlybab
Replied by kirlybab on topic Re: A Question & A Theory
I knnow that I am starting to. Some of the new spirits that have come to me already know me by one of my names ....

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2012 04:14 #9 by Steven Matrix

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Seriously!! One night I was sitting in my bed watching Investigation Discovery (Kind of one of my obsessions) and the man that had been murdered came to me in a complete panic. I could not get him to calm down. I told him I would open the light for him and call someone to come help him but that was all I could really do as I could not figure out what he wanted. I'm not usually unnerved but that startled me a bit.

See, they really do need help don't they? We have to rethink the way we approach this field.

More
08 Jan 2012 04:10 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Seriously!! One night I was sitting in my bed watching Investigation Discovery (Kind of one of my obsessions) and the man that had been murdered came to me in a complete panic. I could not get him to calm down. I told him I would open the light for him and call someone to come help him but that was all I could really do as I could not figure out what he wanted. I'm not usually unnerved but that startled me a bit.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Features