Login

Videos

Ghost Hunting Teams

More
22 Dec 2011 02:05 #1 by crystalcross
First off, a big wave to my southern neighbor. We're just up here in Melbourne, FL.

Second, I'm so glad you brought this topic up it covers so many things which have been rumbling around in my noggin for the last few weeks. Let me open up my piggy bank cause I'm afraid this is going to take more than just 2 cents worth.

First, on the topic of being surrounded by spirits all your life. I think that really is the difference between being into paranormal investigation as a sensitive, or being in it as a researcher, and also is why I think both are so much needed and bring something valuable to the table.

A researcher, may be surrounded by spirits but would never really know it but always wants to document and prove it. Where as the sensitive is surrounded by spirits and knows it, and mostly wants to help them and also sometimes let others see/feel what they see. Both are so dearly needed in the field, and I think a perfect group is a marriage between the two.

Second, and most importantly, your question on how to tell which groups to go with when you need help. Actually that is such a good question, and I've been putting a lot of thought into that over the last month or two. Basically as soon as I started considering the idea of building an investigation management software suite online, I also started to consider how to make that work for those needing help.

Its my plan to extend that also into a leads management system. Let me give explain my vision of how I see all this coming together, in my mind at least.
I envision that all groups who wish to participate will get a representation page on the site with just basic information about the group, links to their site, logo, header, etc. Also, there will be an area for "Help Needed" other than the forum which we currently have.

As someone needing help you would go to that place, and enter some basic information including the type of help needed, the location where the activity is taking place, and all basic relevant information.

The system will then find all groups who are local, or those who have indicated they would be willing to travel to the location in question and will give you a listing of those groups. Included will be some basic dossier information, including a place for reviews from clients. And a list of the type of work they do. You as a potential client can then select one or more groups to send a request for help to.

That request will then go to those groups, and that basically starts a "Potential Case" in the Case Manager software. From there a dialog starts between the you and the groups in question. Once you decide who should take your case, you flag them as hired and it becomes a full case in the CMS system. The other potential's can remain open if you select for a period of time, or will eventually time out and close as an unrealized case.

The "Open Case" will then go into case processing mode and can go through various stages including investigation and evidence review. Each task can be handed out to individuals in that, or other groups with which that group has partnerships with. For instance that group can offload some of the evidence review to other groups they've agreed to work with if they like. That will free up some time for groups who are more active investigators, and will also utilize the resources of groups who have no current active investigations but are time to scan evidence.

I think this will also help promote unity, and allow some individuals who are newer to the field get their start even though they may not be physically located in the same location. Basically think of it as "Cloud" investigation.

I'm one person so the progress is slow, but I really hope to get this going sometime early next year. And am hoping the concept will spread like wildfire.

I think that will also go a long way towards giving potential customers or clients the ability to find someone more suited for their precise issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 00:00 #2 by SasiowlJewell
Hi Everyone,
I must say, that since becoming a member on this site I have learned a lot by reading everyone's posts. It’s so nice to see people who give comments and not one person knocking anyone else down. Kudos’s to one and all!
Okay, so why the post, as always, I'm a person with lots of questions. And here it seems that people have very darn good answers. And I figure it’s the only way to learn what to do and not to do.
There are lots (as posted before) ghost hunting groups sprouting up all over. It’s hard to really know how much experience any of these groups have even if you ask. I have been interested in spirits since I was a small child. My parents had a son who died in the house at the age of 5 due to an abusive parent. (They adopted my brother) Since then he would come and visit me at night pull my covers off and play games with me. So I do have some experience with the spirit world.
In my home here in Florida (Boca Raton if you’re wondering), we have one spirit that we know who he is. He is our neighbor that killed himself about 9 years back. We hear him walk around and on and occasion you can smell his cologne, or we see his shadow. Guess he wanted a new home. We also have a couple of ferrets and one cat that will pop in from time to time to let us know that they are still with us.
On and occasion we do get some odd things that go on that are out of the norm. I hired a local group to come in to investigate. They had to borrow quite a few things to do their job that evening. (Monitor, hardware cords, batteries) They stayed for about 4 hours with us still in the house, and did what they needed to do. After that we never heard back from them again. Tried to give them calls to see what they might have caught and always got and answer of “Well call you when we have time.” That was a few years ago.
Question: How do you know when you’re hiring the right group? How long does it take for them to get back with you? And most of all, should I just do my own investigation myself? I really don’t want to bring anything else in that might be waiting for and invite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Features