Login

Videos

Quick Question

More
18 Dec 2011 02:50 #1 by Karmastrophic
Replied by Karmastrophic on topic Re: Quick Question

crystalcross wrote: Kudos, that's the way to do it! We need more investigators like that.
May I also recommend incorporating some element of spirit rescue into your investigations.

Its not enough to simply find evidence and prove something is there. There should be a next step, which is to help those spirits then cross over.

This is EXACTLY what I feel I am being called to do - spirit rescue. In all honesty, I don't give a fig about evidence or 'proving' the existence of spirits to others. All I want to do is connect with them, help them, ease their pain, or fear, or suffering. I admit this part of it is self-serving, but I want the opportunity to save them, in a sense. I want to be their rescuer and the one who sets them free from whatever holds them here. The evidence is cool, don't get me wrong, and I find it exciting to hear the EVPs and such...but what's driving me is a really deep need to help them find peace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 02:41 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys

crystalcross wrote: May I also recommend incorporating some element of spirit rescue into your investigations.

Couldn't agree more! You can investigate and collect evidence til you're blue in the face but I think the ultimate purpose and satisfaction would be to help out the spirits you are there to visit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brittany_Elaine

More
18 Dec 2011 01:23 #3 by b0neZ
Replied by b0neZ on topic Re: Quick Question
Once I get into the swing of things I will most definitely try some ghost evangelism (term coined by The Ghost Guys). I want to get my feet wet before I go for a swim.

More
18 Dec 2011 01:17 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Quick Question
Kudos, that's the way to do it! We need more investigators like that.
May I also recommend incorporating some element of spirit rescue into your investigations.

Its not enough to simply find evidence and prove something is there. There should be a next step, which is to help those spirits then cross over. After all we're all not here to simply be paranormal tourists, but rather to help people in the process.

More
18 Dec 2011 00:46 #5 by b0neZ
Replied by b0neZ on topic Re: Quick Question
Thank you for the help and advice. I agree, one should never be cocky or arrogant, as it get's a person nowhere. I've always had an open mind, but I also believe in being cautious when meeting new people, living or otherwise.
I'm going into this with a desire to learn and understand. I'll save the being scared and Fear Factor stuff for the TV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
18 Dec 2011 00:40 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Agreed. First thing, decide you are not going to be afraid. Not cocky or arrogant. Confident, but open-minded. I'm not a fan of thrill seekers or jerks. Spirits are people too, and you need to treat them the same way you would treat a stranger you just met.

More
18 Dec 2011 00:29 #7 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Quick Question
I'd have to agree with Tresses on this one.

There really are a number of ways to protect yourself. Some of which are formal, and some as simple as pooling your positive resource. Those resources being spirit guide, passed relatives, any positive influences in your life who are there to protect you on the other side.

Another method is through visualization. The important part about all of these methods is to be at piece and in a good place. In other words do not go in if you are afraid or apprehensive. That's not a good starting point. Also do not attempt any investigations with the premise of going in to get yourself scared or for the "Fear Factor" of it. That's pretty much an open invitation for trouble.

If you simply become quiet, and visualize a white light of peace and love covering your entire body, and then ask those you love who have passed to surround you in a shield of protection. And also claim the area of light which surrounds you and claim it as a protected area. Do not allow anything to enter without your permission, which you do not give.

And remember, if you're not sure who or what you're going up against, don't open yourself up to it just because of anything it claims.

Just some advice, take it for what it is. Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: b0neZ, Peek-A-Boo

More
17 Dec 2011 19:17 #8 by Tresses Of Nephthys
You ask for help and protection from your spirit guides, your elders, your friends and family that have passed on... Someone posted a formal prayer a while back. That's fine, but I believe it doesn't need to be anything fancy. If you ask you will receive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b0neZ, Peek-A-Boo

More
17 Dec 2011 18:44 #9 by b0neZ
Quick Question was created by b0neZ
As a budding investigator, I have heard it's best to protect oneself before going on a hunt. I have not been able to find out the better ways to do this. Can someone tell me how to do it the right way?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Features