Login

Videos

Little ghost hunters

More
30 Nov 2011 06:30 #1 by Melbelban
Replied by Melbelban on topic Re: Little ghost hunters
Thanks for the advice, we have had no further incidents as yet (touch wood) I am so not letting her get involved with any ghost hunting(she's 7). She banned from using my mobile phone a well.

I think my mummy instinct over reacted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2011 17:04 #2 by Gill_ians
Replied by Gill_ians on topic Re: Little ghost hunters
My suggestion would be to talk to your daughter about the paranormal and even help teach her ways to protect herself. I would suggest some form of visualization exercise such as her feeling herself surrounded with white light. I agree that the paranormal is not the best past-time for kids (unless, as crystalcross pointed out, it is pushed on them if they inherited a gift) but giving her a way to feel safe and protected might help her in case she does experience more activity in the future. I used to see shadow people all the time as a kid, and it was very comforting to have someone listen to my fears and help me learn how to protect myself. Hope this helps!

More
29 Nov 2011 16:50 #3 by crystalcross
For what its worth, I would have to agree. The paranormal (unless pushed on them by inheriting a gift) is no place for children. Its not to be taken as a game, and even the most matured teens don't need the type of potential baggage that comes along with it.

Its no game, and should never be treated as such not by young or old alike. Unfortunately I've seen quite a few adults who treat it just as bad. But the difference being when one is older at least its a choice. Where as when younger the full consequence may not always become apparent until its too late.

As with anything of course its a personal choice that parents have to make, but my personal opinion would be to wait until they're older. And again, as you mentioned, the exception would be in the case of them having special gifts. In those cases, its no longer a choice of if but rather how to best approach it.

More
29 Nov 2011 12:22 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys
First--LOL, second, I agree with Kimber. The girls (and every child) need to know respect for the dead. No calling them out, no messing around with evps, Ouijas, the ovilus, etc until they are mature enough. Like a tattoo--you might be stuck with something for a while ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghosty_Owl

• Kimber Chase
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Nov 2011 06:15 #5 by Kimber Chase
Replied by Kimber Chase on topic Re: Little ghost hunters
Mel, This is my thoughts on the issue. I realize with all the shows and documentaries out now ghost hunting can seem glamorous and fun to young children and perhaps entertaining as well but..it's my thought that small young children are not prepared to actually deal with the consequences of some things they may call to them and they're quite vulnerable to darker passengers they may innocently open doors to. As a parent I think I would discourage any EVP hunting or ghost hunting until your kids are mature enough to deal with their experiences NOT to mention young children are much easier for an entity to attach to. Now IF your child is showing signs of being a sensitive then that's a whole different ball game and even then it's a very scary thing to deal with as a kid. I remember being terrified by shadow people and spiritual energies as a small child and I never invited them into my space. This is just MY .02 on the matter of children and ghost hunting. It's not childs play IMHO. KC

More
29 Nov 2011 05:54 #6 by Melbelban
My daughter and her two friends were playing in her bedroom with my mobile phone. They left my mobile phone recording on her bed ask the ghost to come out, then hide in her cupboard. I hear this intense screaming and crying coming from her room. I go in to the room to find to very pale looking little girl's. Her friend kept on insisting that someone had touch her and kept say- but how can something touch her but how can something touch her and not be there, and my daughter kept insisting that the TV turned on by it's self. Thinking it was there over active imagination's I calmed them down and said that perhaps they had been playing to much imaginaton and there minds had tricked them. On reviewing the mobile recording the TV did turn and you can hear a very errie giggle.

I don't know if I did the right thing. As a parent I don't want the kids to be afraid but I keep getting flash backs to my own childhood where I was incrediable afraid by "unexplained" events.

What do I do? What have other parents done?

Generally ghost no longer scare me but call it motherly intincts but I've got a real stay away from my kid vibe happening.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Features