Login

Videos

Ouija Boards

More
11 Oct 2011 22:00 #1 by amoonwolfe
Replied by amoonwolfe on topic Re: Ouija Boards
Ouija Boards are about as much of a game as playing chicken by standing directly in the path of a speeding train! Yes, I have used the Ouija safely and successfully countless times, but I was carefully coached from Day one by my Great Grandmother, Grandmother and Mom. It's NOT a "game" in any sense of the word and I prefer it to Automatic Writing as being less psychically draining.

Please don't take chances with this highly valuable tool for the appropriately trained and prepared only. Yes, I have seen two negative outcomes over the years. Both cases involved people either buying one in a store or "borrowing" one (without permission of the owner) and having no idea of what they were doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2011 11:38 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Exactly, Amanda!

More
11 Oct 2011 05:30 #3 by Amanda_O
Replied by Amanda_O on topic Re: Ouija Boards

polarice7000 wrote: Of course not! NOT A GAME. It is very dangerous .. I will tell you of my experiences.

One day I was staying with colleagues, and because I was curious to talk about it because it talked about that .. And maybe asking, you said .. HA I HAVE A STORED IN THE CLOSET. and bring .. We played several hours and hours and hours and hours .. Until they were 3 am, and as we feel ugly things .. the lights went into a horrible smell of sulfur, and as .. We were scared but not much .. And then I play only for research, and very cautiously, because the games do not like to play with them .. The dead are dead .. And do not call for any reason, only if it is a super urgent ... cuidate:) Contact me

-Gabriel

To me this is a classic example of what NOT to do. These boards were invented around the time that spiritualism was really taking off. Before the actual board what we know as the planchette was actually a small basket with a pencil attatched to it. It stood on legs that has tiny wheels. Back in the day when someone wanted to get in contact with the spirit of a lost loved one they would call in a spiritualist and he/she would use this device. They put this contraption over a pad of paper and very slowly it would spell out words. Bottom line is that this process took a long time so someone came up with the idea of putting it all on a piece of wood.
What is interesting to note is this; one, the devices were invented to specifically aid a medium in contacting spirits. Two, the were used ALONE as no one was allowed to touch it.
I've seen over the years people mess with things they don't understand. me it's a tool. I've used them with others, I've used them alone...never had anything come up I could not handle, but then again I've taken the time to do my homework on a lot of things and still do. What I really don't understand is why would anyone want to mess with anything paranormal and not have respect for what could happen.

More
11 Oct 2011 02:03 #4 by polarice7000
Replied by polarice7000 on topic Re: Ouija Boards
Of course not! NOT A GAME. It is very dangerous .. I will tell you of my experiences.

One day I was staying with colleagues, and because I was curious to talk about it because it talked about that .. And maybe asking, you said .. HA I HAVE A STORED IN THE CLOSET. and bring .. We played several hours and hours and hours and hours .. Until they were 3 am, and as we feel ugly things .. the lights went into a horrible smell of sulfur, and as .. We were scared but not much .. And then I play only for research, and very cautiously, because the games do not like to play with them .. The dead are dead .. And do not call for any reason, only if it is a super urgent ... cuidate:) Contact me

-Gabriel

More
10 Oct 2011 20:24 - 10 Oct 2011 20:31 #5 by Amanda_O
Replied by Amanda_O on topic Re: Ouija Boards
Museum of Talking Boards: History of the Talking Board

here is a link that gives you the actual history on how and why Ouija boards were invented to begin with. While they aren't scientific by modern standards they can be very useful if used properly. I see things like Ouija boards, tarot cards and other items given a bad rap. In my way of thinking a Ouija board is just a board with letters and numbers on it. They can be used productively or they can invite nasty spirits in. Bottom line is this; if you aren't well versed in dealing with spirits then 'playing' with a Ouija board is about as smart as 'playing' with a loaded gun. Instead of focusing on the tool you may want to use, maybe focusing on how they work and some protective measures as well as banishings may be in order...
Last edit: 10 Oct 2011 20:31 by Amanda_O.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
10 Oct 2011 19:04 #6 by techguy32
Replied by techguy32 on topic Re: Ouija Boards
I had one years ago before I got into Investigations, some team members do try them in locations that permit it.

Do I believe they work ... not sure tbh

Think allot of the time people could be pushing the glass even though they dont know it. Collective consciousness and all.

Im on the fence ..

More
10 Oct 2011 18:39 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Not just fun and games, no no no. I wrote down these directions a few years back:

I don't really recommend them for your main source of communication. They are easily misused and potentially dangerous. If you would still like to use one, please follow these recommended guidelines:
Whether homemade, from a mystic's shop or from the toy store, Ouija boards are NOT inherently mystical. They are made so by the hands that lay upon them. It is what is done to the boards that make them what they are.

Step 1: Prime the board. Before a Ouija board is used, it should always be wiped off with a clean piece of black silk. This will wipe off any energies remaining on the board from those hands that touched it previously, such as in the manufacturing process.

Step 2: Establishing a connection. It is very important before the board's initial use that the main user of the board rubs their palms briskly together to activate the hand chakras. Next, lay the hands on the Ouija board. Ask to speak to ONE specific person. This can be a deceased family member or friend, or better yet, your spirit guide. If your spirit guide's name is not already known to you, now is a good time to ask. This spirit is now your buffer. All correspondences with other spirits who you want to talk to, or may want to talk to you, will go through this buffer spirit. They serve a similar purpose to the firewall on your computer, keeping unwanted energies at bay.

Step 3: Keep track of your messages. Keep a pad of paper and something to write with nearby. Write down everything that comes from the Ouija board and also any names or words that seem to pop into your head. The Ouija board is a vehicle, but it is not necessary for you to make contact. Some of the correspondences may not make sense, but write them down anyway. Don't discount the things that don?t make sense to you since it is possible they will make sense at a later time. There is no reason to fear what you may learn, but it is important to keep and open mind and an open heart.

Step 4: Closing the connection and routine maintenance. As you are closing out your Ouija board session, say goodbye to the spirits you've contacted, and wipe down the board with a black silk cloth. Close the board and put it away. Do not leave an open Ouija board out, especially overnight. Once you leave the board, your connection to it and your buffer spirit is lost, and the porthole is left open and unguarded. Remember, the Ouija board is not a game, it is a true gateway to the Other Side, and if not protected with a buffer spirit or some kind of filtering energy, it is open for energies to flow freely between the two worlds.

More
10 Oct 2011 14:19 #8 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Is This Anomaly More Then Just Fun & Games.
i would love to hear some stories and feed Back on this.

Time to create page: 1.243 seconds

Features