Tolomato Cemetery/St. Augustine, Florida

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Sep 2011 13:07 - 23 Sep 2011 13:08 #11 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Tolomato Cemetery/St. Augustine, Florida

crystalcross wrote: Steve,

Thats where I was seeing the "Boy" that I posted in my first note. But in all honesty when I tried to look for it in the higher resolution image (TIF) you sent me, it lost much of its form and shape. Before I was able to adjust the brightness/contrast until I got a more defined image. But just can't do it on the higher resolution version.

That would tend to lead me to believe that it was mostly a JPEG artifact created by the lack of resolution and amplified by the compression algorithm. Not saying there's nothing there, just that I'm not able to see it with the degree of certainty that I did in the lower resolution image.

Which again, at least in my opinion solidifies the importance of using the original images, and the highest possible resolution which you can. Because after all we're not in it for finding things, we're in it for uncovering the hidden truth.

But that's all just my opinion which is no more valuable than anybody else's. Look forward to hearing from others on their thoughts.

I agree. What I did was take the original RAW file and convert to Tif; then when I cropped it in the Tif format, I saved as a JPEG for upload to the site.

Can I upload the cropped photo in Tif format?
Last edit: 23 Sep 2011 13:08 by Steven Matrix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2011 13:01 #12 by crystalcross
Steve,

Thats where I was seeing the "Boy" that I posted in my first note. But in all honesty when I tried to look for it in the higher resolution image (TIF) you sent me, it lost much of its form and shape. Before I was able to adjust the brightness/contrast until I got a more defined image. But just can't do it on the higher resolution version.

That would tend to lead me to believe that it was mostly a JPEG artifact created by the lack of resolution and amplified by the compression algorithm. Not saying there's nothing there, just that I'm not able to see it with the degree of certainty that I did in the lower resolution image.

Which again, at least in my opinion solidifies the importance of using the original images, and the highest possible resolution which you can. Because after all we're not in it for finding things, we're in it for uncovering the hidden truth.

But that's all just my opinion which is no more valuable than anybody else's. Look forward to hearing from others on their thoughts.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Sep 2011 12:47 #13 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote: I'm thinking you're right. When I pulled up the TIFF high resolution image you sent me, the shape lost its cohesion. So I think this one was just a case of matrixing.

CC, I cropped the fork of the tree and there may be something there; but I will let you and the folks decide.

Attachments:

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Sep 2011 11:43 #14 by Steven Matrix
Thank you Shan for the kind words.

More
23 Sep 2011 01:41 #15 by shanwvr88
Awesome pic Steve! Great catch on the boy and face cc! Thanks so much for sharing the pic.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Sep 2011 19:43 #16 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote: I'm thinking you're right. When I pulled up the TIFF high resolution image you sent me, the shape lost its cohesion. So I think this one was just a case of matrixing.

I was wondering if you see a face in the fork of the tree?

More
22 Sep 2011 19:34 #17 by crystalcross
I'm thinking you're right. When I pulled up the TIFF high resolution image you sent me, the shape lost its cohesion. So I think this one was just a case of matrixing.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Sep 2011 17:42 #18 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote: As always, great picture Steve!

By the way, did you notice in the tree? There is an image of a boy sitting in the fork of the tree.
Also a face.

Boy sitting in the fork of the tree, you can see he's sideways facing to the right:

Face in the branch:

Dude, leave it to you to find something. I didn't really even like the photo; uploading because it was the cemetery's most famous resident. We didn't have much time as we got there around 2:20 and the cemetery closed at 3:00. I did get the feeling I needed to photograph but wasn't as excited due to time constraints. Maybe I'll send you the Tif file I've saved. I looked at that and think I may have seen 3 faces. I never even gave it a thought or much of a glance.

Nice catch CC.

More
22 Sep 2011 17:25 - 22 Sep 2011 17:27 #19 by crystalcross
As always, great picture Steve!

By the way, did you notice in the tree? There is an image of a boy sitting in the fork of the tree.
Also a face.

Boy sitting in the fork of the tree, you can see he's sideways facing to the right:

Face in the branch:

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2011 17:27 by crystalcross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Matrix

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Sep 2011 12:38 - 22 Sep 2011 14:15 #20 by Steven Matrix
Tolomato Cemetery/St. Augustine, Florida was created by Steven Matrix
My wife and I headed to Tolomato Cemetery in St. Augustine last week. Pictured in the photo is the grave of James, a child who died at 5 years of age. James is supposedly the star of the cemetery as some say they've seen him in a tree and one paranormal person has an evp where supposedly he is talking to her.

Tolomato Cemetery is the oldest catholic cemetery in the country [as told to us by a lady who is involved in the preservation society].

Tolomato Cemetery is opened only the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2011 14:15 by Steven Matrix.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds

Features