Login

Videos

How to add images to your forum posts.

More
03 Sep 2011 15:35 - 03 Sep 2011 15:46 #1 by crystalcross
I've just added it so that when you specify your own photo size, you can also specify alignment... In this example I will put a small 200 pixel version of the image to the left, and then after some writing I'll put one to the right.

The code will be

{ hwdps-photo } id=609|size=200|align=left { /hwdps-photo }

and then a

{ hwdps-photo } id=608|size=200|align=right { /hwdps-photo }

This is how it looks...

{hwdps-photo}id=609|size=200|align=left{/hwdps-photo}This is my sample text, my sample text goes here, and to the left there should be a small 100 pixel photo. This is expected and how would want to see it. I'm just blabbing here to fill up some space so you can see how it would look. Yes, this is long winded but that is what it takes to fill up some space. And now we will insert the image on the right side.{hwdps-photo}id=608|size=200|align=right{/hwdps-photo} Lets see how this comes out. This is some more filler text to make sure that we give some extra length to the message.
Filler Text to complete message.

Last edit: 03 Sep 2011 15:46 by crystalcross.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2011 14:30 - 03 Sep 2011 15:27 #2 by crystalcross
Recently the question was asked me how to add images into a forum post.
There are several ways to do that. The non-preferred way is to simply attach the image, and insert it into the forum post. It makes it look good'; however, then you do not have the image in an album. Some simply browse the albums and not the forums. You're welcome to do this, but you lose the advantage that albums can bring.

The second and better way is to upload your related photographs into an album (on the Ghost Media/Photos page) and then insert those albums or images into your forum post.

Here are some instructions for doing that.

To insert an album you would do this:

{ hwdps-albumPhotos } X { /hwdps-albumPhotos }

Example:

If you look at the Kashmir Boutique and look at the top you'll see its album 101. So then it would come out...

{ hwdps-albumPhotos }101{ /hwdps-albumPhotos }

becomes

{hwdps-albumPhotos}101{/hwdps-albumPhotos}

Where "X" is the album number, may be a bit tricky to find. You have to go to the album in another browser tab and in the address look for the ## assigned to it. I'll try to make that simpler, but it currently isn't.

Likewise, you can add a single image...

{ hwdps-photo }id= X { /hwdps-photo }

To show the clickable thumbnail

or

{ hwdps-photo }id= X | size=400 { /hwdps-photo }

if you wish to show the full size photo at a certain size rather than the numbnail.

Where "X" is the photo number, again you'll need to go to that photo and notice in the address the number of the photo.

Example:

If you go to your Casadega photo, you'll notice in the address bar its photo #609. So it would come out as...

{ hwdps-photo }id=609|size=400{ /hwdps-photo }

becomes

{hwdps-photo}id=609|size=400{/hwdps-photo}
Last edit: 03 Sep 2011 15:27 by crystalcross.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Features