• Steve
  • Steve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Mar 2011 01:08 #1 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Lone Grave/Oaklawn Cemetery

crystalcross wrote:

Steve wrote: :lol: I'm sorry, what should I have rubbed

I'm thinking Midnight was referring to the detail on the grave marker. And doing a rubbing of the grave marker.

Which, for those who do not know what rubbing is, it is the practice of taking paper and charcoal to produce a surface relief print of an object. It brings out the details in objects which may not be visible to the naked eye.

OK, I get it now; thanks CC. In answer to Midnight's comment; I probably would not have been able to do anything with the tombstone unless I jumped over the fencing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2011 21:53 #2 by MidnightAngel
Yes thank you,Crystal. A grave marker can also be done with paper and black crayon, or even pencil. It brings out a lot more detail than can actually be seen. Much like laying a piece of paper over a penny and rubbing the paper with a pencil or crayon.

More
22 Mar 2011 21:40 #3 by crystalcross

Steve wrote: :lol: I'm sorry, what should I have rubbed

I'm thinking Midnight was referring to the detail on the grave marker. And doing a rubbing of the grave marker.

Which, for those who do not know what rubbing is, it is the practice of taking paper and charcoal to produce a surface relief print of an object. It brings out the details in objects which may not be visible to the naked eye.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2011 19:19 #4 by Steve
Thanks CC,
I wouldn't have normally even photographed these areas. The lone grave has a power line in the background and the other photo has the branches/leaves blowing; things I wouldn't normally include. Images of this kind are not always about the art; they become more when you connect with what you believe to be the spirit that guides you to the place.

BTW, I am trying to see what can be done about getting a tour into the cemetery. It doesn't look like it's been done before but all they can say is no.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2011 19:14 #5 by Steve
:lol: I'm sorry, what should I have rubbed MA? I know of no other way to ask.

More
22 Mar 2011 19:09 #6 by MidnightAngel
You know, sometimes doing a rubbing will give you detail that the naked eye has a hard time seeing. Wouldn't hurt to try.

More
22 Mar 2011 19:02 #7 by crystalcross
I tell you what, when I go, I want to rest under that tree.

You certainly have an eye for images...

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2011 18:40 #8 by Steve
Keeping it with one thread, we also photographed this area; this grave was forced upward from the root of the tree behind it.

Attachments:

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2011 18:33 #9 by Steve
Lone Grave/Oaklawn Cemetery was created by Steve
Hey All,
I've attached a copy of the lone grave that I spoke of the other day [Thread,Nothing Is Insignificant]; this is the grave that we connected with on Sunday where it turned out that the person's anniversary of their death was March 20th [104 years earlier]. There are much prettier areas of the cemetery to photograph; however, this is where we were pulled and as mentioned before, we are getting an education in this cemetery for doing future paranormal work.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Features