Videos

Sad

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2011 14:26 #1 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Sad

Grupo Alpha wrote: [quote="Steven Matrix" post=5056Thank you for your post GA. I love it when someone like yourself is involved to help others. You get a big hug back and thank you again. Who knows, we may end up in Spain next year with a friend of ours. If we do, I'll let you know.

Thanks Steven! It's a real honor to share with you our work in a humble and unassuming, enjoying the most of every moment. If you come to Spain, you better you bring a translator eh! My English is not good jajaja Hugs to all :)[/quote]

Sorry GA, we helped Maria to log back on and I forgot I logged Matrix off. Anyway, now you know Maria and maybe we can get together next year. Maria has told us about how beautiful Spain is and we'd like to go to many of the castles there. Have a great day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2011 14:21 #2 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Re: Sad

Grupo Alpha wrote: [quote="Steven Matrix" post=5056Thank you for your post GA. I love it when someone like yourself is involved to help others. You get a big hug back and thank you again. Who knows, we may end up in Spain next year with a friend of ours. If we do, I'll let you know.

Thanks Steven! It's a real honor to share with you our work in a humble and unassuming, enjoying the most of every moment. If you come to Spain, you better you bring a translator eh! My English is not good jajaja Hugs to all :)[/quote]

We have that GA. Our friend is from Asturias, Spain and wants to come back to Spain to visit. If we go, we'll let you know. If Maria goes to Spain alone, we'll try to put you all together.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2011 14:08 #3 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Sad
[quote="Steven Matrix" post=5056Thank you for your post GA. I love it when someone like yourself is involved to help others. You get a big hug back and thank you again. Who knows, we may end up in Spain next year with a friend of ours. If we do, I'll let you know.[/quote]

Thanks Steven! It's a real honor to share with you our work in a humble and unassuming, enjoying the most of every moment. If you come to Spain, you better you bring a translator eh! My English is not good jajaja Hugs to all :)

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2011 13:43 #4 by Steven Matrix

Grupo Alpha wrote: Hi Steven!

You do not know what I agree with what you mention here. In Spain we have a number of "professional groups" in the paranormal to charge fees to people who belong to them! Can you imagine? charge money because it accompanies them to investigate! I find it shameful truth. We from the beginning we were very clear that we did this to release something that fascinated us, to tell the truth about what happens in certain locations, unravel the legends and history of places that are forgotten by most people or and barely remember ... but obviously no-profit or obtain a so-called "fame" ... that's what they want all these groups that you mention. Unfortunately, these groups are also the times that people who are dedicated strictly and honestly to paranormal research, we have a reputation for scammers or geeks ... In short, it's a shame that there are groups of people so all they want is their own benefit and if they have to invent something so without any qualms. A hug friend

Thank you for your post GA. I love it when someone like yourself is involved to help others. You get a big hug back and thank you again. Who knows, we may end up in Spain next year with a friend of ours. If we do, I'll let you know.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Aug 2011 22:20 #5 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Sad
Hi Steven!

You do not know what I agree with what you mention here. In Spain we have a number of "professional groups" in the paranormal to charge fees to people who belong to them! Can you imagine? charge money because it accompanies them to investigate! I find it shameful truth. We from the beginning we were very clear that we did this to release something that fascinated us, to tell the truth about what happens in certain locations, unravel the legends and history of places that are forgotten by most people or and barely remember ... but obviously no-profit or obtain a so-called "fame" ... that's what they want all these groups that you mention. Unfortunately, these groups are also the times that people who are dedicated strictly and honestly to paranormal research, we have a reputation for scammers or geeks ... In short, it's a shame that there are groups of people so all they want is their own benefit and if they have to invent something so without any qualms. A hug friend

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Aug 2011 00:58 #6 by Steven Matrix

TressesOfNephthys wrote: That's one of the things I dislike most about these shows--they treat ghosts like animals at the zoo. A source of entertainment, something to be observed, but nothing more. Rarely are they treated like the human beings they were and still are.

Very well said, and you're right; they are treated as if they were a zoo exhibit. Don't you think that the spirits know what is going on? I do, and that's why they don't give these groups much to brag about.

Well said Tress.

More
19 Aug 2011 00:50 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Sad
That's one of the things I dislike most about these shows--they treat ghosts like animals at the zoo. A source of entertainment, something to be observed, but nothing more. Rarely are they treated like the human beings they were and still are.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2011 03:15 - 18 Aug 2011 03:17 #8 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote: Well, I think what you're running into there (aside from the quest for ratings) is the sad fact that public-eye paranormal investigation these days is divided into two groups.

#1 - The evidence based, scientific, high-tech investigation groups.

#2 - The touchy-feely medium, subjective evidence based groups.

Very seldom to you find paranormal groups on TV which employ a healthy combination of these two. Either they tend to feel that mediums and sensitives have no room in an investigation because what they see or feel can not be quantitatively recorded as evidence, or they don't want to be bothered with evidencial investigation at all.

The truth is that the best investigation employs a great marriage of the two. Sensitives are great resources. They do not need to be employed as a source of evidence, but rather as a tool to find and help interpret where to look. And once you do make contact in some way, to help communicate and create resultion where its desired. After all, if someone asks for help (dead or alive) you don't simply ignore them.

Well said my friend. I'll discuss this with you in more detail this weekend. I'm of the belief that the results of an investigation hinge on the initial intentions of the investigators themselves. Spirits are more intuitive than we are.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 03:17 by Steven Matrix.

More
18 Aug 2011 02:50 #9 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Sad
Well, I think what you're running into there (aside from the quest for ratings) is the sad fact that public-eye paranormal investigation these days is divided into two groups.

#1 - The evidence based, scientific, high-tech investigation groups.

#2 - The touchy-feely medium, subjective evidence based groups.

Very seldom to you find paranormal groups on TV which employ a healthy combination of these two. Either they tend to feel that mediums and sensitives have no room in an investigation because what they see or feel can not be quantitatively recorded as evidence, or they don't want to be bothered with evidencial investigation at all.

The truth is that the best investigation employs a great marriage of the two. Sensitives are great resources. They do not need to be employed as a source of evidence, but rather as a tool to find and help interpret where to look. And once you do make contact in some way, to help communicate and create resultion where its desired. After all, if someone asks for help (dead or alive) you don't simply ignore them.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2011 02:18 #10 by Steven Matrix
Sad was created by Steven Matrix
I decided to sit down and do something I seldom do; watch a couple of popular paranormal groups on TV. I don’t watch them often unless I’m in the mood to learn what not to do. Tonight was a good night for that. At one moment, one of the investigators said to a spirit, “Do you need help?”, followed by, “We’re here to help you”, followed several seconds later by “We don’t know how to help you”. They caught an EVP that said, “Please help me.” Funny thing is, no one did help the spirit or at least make the attempt to do so. Wait, I almost forgot there wasn’t enough time for that; not with the amount of air time and the pursuit of ratings. And lastly, the two head investigators congratulated one another and said, “On to the next one.”

Actually assisting a spirit that truly needs help would be honest and the right thing to do. But sadly, 90% of what’s on these shows are all about manufactured drama. A big problem is that they say they’ve been in the business for many years; when really they have become experts on the knowledge of nothing.

I don’t have a problem with groups that investigate areas of known spirit activity. I have a problem with groups that aren’t honest about it by adding their own drama, rather than just including simple truth. Things will be changing shortly though.

“Honesty is such a lonely word.” Billy Joel

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Features