Login

Videos

anyone ever experienced this ??

More
20 Mar 2011 17:14 #1 by Fretka
we did research the Michigan Dogmen. But the location it occurred is Oceana County in the lower Peninsula, so far from the legends origin. So I wondered if if that would be problematic....or if they were active in my area as well, just more well known further North....
That is our closest conclusion as well.
We were just blown away that it made contact with the truck and actually affected it while driving ! We had seen some black masses in Marshall Michigan earlier that summer. One particular one dove into the base of a tree from the upper branches of the tree, and we seemed to be the only ones that actually saw it dive. .... others did react albeit subconsciously. They avoided the tree...they walked faster when having to walk past the tree...etc... but the black masses were not corporeal like the Dogman was...( that is what we call the form...;) )

I would love love love to know if there are any other people that experienced anything similar ! This has to be the best unique experience I have ever had !

I REALLY appreciate your feedback everyone !! I look forward to hearing more thoughts and theories !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2011 16:57 #2 by marlenafell
Yes! There used to be some audio on michigan-dogman.com and some cool pictures.. I also read a book called the Beast of Bray Road (Wisconsin). You think that's what you saw? How exciting! Though I must admit at night when I am driving through the dark, lonely mountains of Arizona, I get paranoid just thinking a skinwalker is going to pop out.

More
20 Mar 2011 16:15 #3 by crystalcross

marlenafell wrote: I am a big freak about cryptozoology. One of my favorite ones is the Michigan Dogman (Beast of Bray Road).

Wow, what a great bit of information! This is a clear example of the wonderful resources available within a community of individuals. Great input Marlene! And a great place to start looking for some answers.

I did some looking as you suggested and here are the links to the sites:

The Legends of Michigan's Dogman

And the Wiki entry for it:

Michigan Dogman - Wikipedia

More
20 Mar 2011 16:09 #4 by marlenafell
I am a big freak about cryptozoology. One of my favorite ones is the Michigan Dogman (Beast of Bray Road). It kind of sounds like that's what you might have saw ? There are a lot of legends tied up in it too. My fiance is from Michigan as well and never heard of it. I think it's mostly been sighted in North Michigan but it sounds like that's what you saw. You can google it.. it even has its own website! :)

More
20 Mar 2011 15:48 #5 by crystalcross
I must say, that is a unique one. I have not heard that before but I'm sure it can be explained in some way or another. There are many theories about dark entities. Whatever it was it had to embody some form of mass or a great deal of energy to be able to physically affect a truck's motion. Most vapors or dark shadows would not have the mass to be able to do that. Sounds like some form of inhuman entity.

All I can say is that the driver of that truck was lucky it did not hit the cab. Something with that kind of presence you would not want to have a face to face encounter with. I have heard of various native american legends and shamanic lore. If we have any shamans or professors who are into native american studies, I would welcome your opinion!

More
20 Mar 2011 10:28 #6 by Fretka
Hi, I am new here, my name is Laura, I am from Western Michigan and I have had quite a few experiences in my life.
However, that being said, I shared an experience with my best friend 2 years ago, that still has me quite stumped, and wanted to know if it was a unique episode, or if in fact others have had similar ones.

I had broken my arm in November 2008. My Best Friend Callee was being an absolute gem and coming to my house to cart me off to a movie to get me out of the house. She lives 35 minutes south of me in Muskegon, and I live in Shelby. It was WAY out of her way to do this, but she did it weekly to help me maintain my sanity.

We were on our way back to my house from the movie theater, it was about 11-11:30 pm in December.... we were behind a small red truck ( like a Ford Ranger ) .... as we approached a stretch of the expressway that is near Rothbury ( which is rumored to be former Indian land that had some sort of significance) we witnessed a very large black mass, formed much like a dog or wolf, on it's hind-legs, come from the West ( we were heading North ) and cross in front of us towards the East.

The rub here is this: we saw it hit the rear side bed panel, just behind the drivers side rear tire and it actually caused the truck to fish-tail. We then saw it continue to cross to the East blocking out first the drivers side brake light, then the passenger side brake light as it continued to the other side of the expressway.

We both saw it.

We were talking, and as it came out from the West, we both stopped talking and just watched it happen.
We then looked at one another, and at the same time said, "did you see that?" Each of us confirmed for the other we indeed saw the same thing.
We have discussed it numerous times since then. We have considered the Michigan Dogman, Indian Ghosts, and just plain ole Black Shadow Men. We cannot come to a conclusion, only that we saw it, it happened, and no amount of research is giving us any further answers.

I was hoping that perhaps someone here could help shed light on this .

Thanks for reading my experience and for any feedback you can offer !!

Time to create page: 2.246 seconds

Features