Login

Videos

Being apart of more than one team

More
13 Jul 2011 23:02 #1 by undertaker1
As a team owner i see no problem with this. If my people want to be with other teams for experience or like me im going to Bobby Mackeys with another group. This is a chance to gain experience and feel it is a very good idea. The only thing i see the problem being is trying to recruit members to join from them to your team but that is just me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2011 04:39 #2 by Chris1GCPI
Spread your talent! I don't what the big deal is at all.

CC, I like your post and the points that you've made. BTW...I put my two cents in on this type of subject a little while ago. If you click on my profile and read my blog you will see what it mean.

More
09 Jul 2011 20:56 #3 by Alameda Paranormal Researchers
I agree with you all. They say no drama but I feel like they ARE the drama. I was just wondering if I was way off thinking why not be apart of as many investigations as possible. All I want to do is hunt ghosts and I dont care what group that happens in as long as I am with good honest people.

More
09 Jul 2011 20:29 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I dunno about these groups personally as I've always been on my own, but this sounds like some 3rd grade recess clique bullshit to me.

More
09 Jul 2011 18:30 #5 by LeslieAValentin
This is an issue that has been ongoing for years. Thus a reason that I choose to stay as an independent investigator. Then if I'm asked along by a group I'm accquainted with, there are no issues. Yes, the evidence collected by a particular group belongs to that group. But the animosity of being to the point of shall we say, less than desirable in manners, has increasingly grown. And also, while I am familiar with some of the equipment, most of the time when I accompany an investigation it is as an Empath/Sensitive/Medium. I let the actual team members work the "big guns".

Folks, investigative teams must have professionalism. You and the team are entering people's homes, businesses and places that allow teams in to study. Regardless of whether it is a cojoined effort of a few teams or one, if a respectable behavior cannot be maintained as an individual, one group or more, then you have no business being in that location. Just my opinion there.... but I also found that opinion of over 28 years of working with others in different locations.

Time to stop the sandbox drama and grow up.

More
09 Jul 2011 18:04 #6 by crystalcross
I'm so glad you posted this message. It goes right along the line of a disturbing trend I've been seeing. In some way I can understand their concern, but only in a small way. And that is in that any evidence you find with their group, should be property of their group and the use of it should be decided by that group. But I think that should be the extent of the concern.

The animosity between grows has grown so rapidly, and I find that disturbing. Makes you just want to stand on a tall building and yell "Why can't we all just get along!". Paranormal investigation should not be a cut throat field, and I find the insinuation that it is to be absurd. The field should be one of research and sharing of information.

I have to say that initially I was so thankful for the role that TV has played in spreading the word about paranormal research and investigation. It finally came more into the forefront as more of a valid science and research field, and less as much some crack-pots seeing things that go bump in the night. I saw that as a positive move. But now that I'm seeing more of a trend towards competition and seeking the glory of the find, its becoming disturbing.

When I first read your message, I first started to perhaps see some reasoning in why one group may be leery of having its members in another group. But when I saw the "Cut-throat industry" part, it solidified my position. There is no room for competition in research.

I hope everyone chimes in, because I'm curious if I'm alone in feeling this way. The whole premise of this site was behind the sharing of information, so this goes against everything we stand for.

More
09 Jul 2011 16:28 #7 by Alameda Paranormal Researchers
Ok so I started my own local ghost hunting group with my family and friends. I also expressed interest in joining a group that is well established in my area. They are really upset that I want to be apart of their team while having my own but I don't see what the big deal is. I have integrity so it's not like I am going to be yapping around town about the business of either group. I just want to go on as many investigations as possible and really I don't care what banner that is under as long as the group is full of good people. They say they don't want drama but I feel like they are creating the drama. They also say it is a cutthroat industry but I think they are making it that way. Why can't we all be friends and just hunt some dang ghosts?

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Features