Login

Videos

Question to Paranormal Group Founders/Owners

More
13 Jul 2011 16:42 #1 by DonnaC
My group collects $5 per mth or $60 per year, but to tell you the truth, it's not a set thing. We haven't collected dues for a couple months now. We sort of chip in when the need arises most times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2011 14:12 #2 by Paranorml_Lady
Thank you everyone for your responses :)

More
09 Jul 2011 17:45 #3 by crystalcross
I like that idea. I'm curious as to the logistics. Does each individual retain ownership of the equipment or does it then become the groups property. I like the concept though, probably one which most groups employ.

I think the real thing to keep in mind here is the difference between a paranormal group, paranormal society, and paranormal agency. Most groups and societies are led like a standard public group, perhaps having by laws, and a mission statement. But not being a commercial entity. The property is shared as you said and there are no real assets of the group as a entity.

Some larger ones have memberships and dues, but usually just to cover operating expenses and the cost of any meetings, rent of meeting halls ,etc. Groups and Associations are generally non-profit and have to show where the dues go.

Alternately a Agency is a commercial entity, which is seldom non-profit. Although in the Paranormal world, many agencies do what they do out of pure love of the field, and make little to no money. As a matter of fact many of the agencies I know end up operating at a loss, but yet are still run as a commercial entity as a business. In these cases the equipment is generally owned by the agency itself, and ownership is divided either as a LLC, Partnership or INC.

More
09 Jul 2011 16:19 #4 by Alameda Paranormal Researchers
At APR we do not charge anything to anyone. What we do ask is that everyone bring some piece of equipment to our investigations or even extra batteries or tapes for the miniDV's.

One thing we did to raise money is make T-shirts and bumper stickers supporting ghost hunting. Some might say that is cheesy but who cares. If you want a thermal imaging camera you have got to come up with a few thousand bucks.

More
08 Jul 2011 23:26 #5 by undertaker1
Being new team owner i do not charge. There is other ways to raise money or to get gear. Don't think chrging your team is the way to do it. But also as a investigator i want all the equipment i can so i personally buy all mine. The easy way is to split cost and equip with each member.

More
07 Jul 2011 04:10 #6 by Chris1GCPI
Absolutely not. We have garage sales, yard sales, and other ways of raising money for the group.

More
06 Jul 2011 17:24 #7 by DementedWarlok
The group I joined does. For a couple it was 40 for the year. 25 for 1 person and I believe 50 for a family of 4. This is all yearly. So not a bad deal actually.

More
06 Jul 2011 17:18 #8 by Paranorml_Lady
Do you charge monthly dues to your members. If so how much & what does it go to?
Thanks in advance!

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds

Features