Login

Videos

July 5 - The Verdict

More
06 Jul 2011 16:53 #1 by LeslieAValentin
Yesterday, I can imagine that much of the free world, or at least in this country, tuned in or was given word by a friend, co-worker or family member, the verdict of Casey Marie Anthony in the trial regarding her daughter Caylee's death. And, as we all learned, the verdict on the counts of 1st degree murder, aggrivated child abuse and aggrivated manslaughter of a child were all "not guilty".

Also, I can imagine that many of these same folks not only felt disdain but anger, grief, outrage and more. No, there was no justice for little Caylee yesterday afternoon.

It is hard enough of the senses, physically as well as emotionally when an adult dies for any number of reasons. However, when the life of a child is cut short due to illness, accident or foul play, it is that much harder to contend with. And for any person on these boards or anywhere else who has lost a child - in utero, as a baby or over the years of their growing; the impact of such a loss weighs that much heavier on the soul as that pain is renewed again.

Unable to speak for other, I , with the faith and beliefs that I carry, feel certain that while a court of peers did not deliver a "favorable" verdict yesterday, I am comforted some in knowing that like myself when my day to be called home comes, when Casey Anthony, her mother and father are called to their time, they will stand before the Lord and face their ultimate judgment. No court of peers here in this earthly world could ever begin to appropriate the impact of the trials they all face when they meet their Creator.

We will never know why Caylee was taken from this world, but for the short time she was here, brightened it up all the more.

This is to help ease the hearts of many right now and for Caylee.

Then the child opened its eyes, and looked up into the angel's beautiful face, which beamed with happiness, and at the same moment they were in heaven, where joy and bliss reigned. The child received wings like the other angel, and they flew about together, hand in hand.

By Hans Christian Andersen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

Features