Oaklawn Cemetery, Tampa Florida

• Steve
  • Steve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Mar 2011 17:26 #1 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Oaklawn Cemetery, Tampa Florida
Hey CC:
As long as the filters work, it doesn't matter where you got them. It's the artist behind the camera.

Regarding your battery compartment; could there be a problem with the battery maybe? Or did you buy the battery new? Since you're in Melbourne, you could go to Colonial Photo & Hobby in Orlando. They have a guy who is a repair tech there [he used to own a camera repair shop in Orlando/Southern Technical Photo]. He might be able to help you with that. The # for Colonial is 407-841-1485. Call and ask for their camera repair guy.

I'm sure you're already aware that you have to buy a digital camera that was manufactured before the technology changed regarding the IR filter; unless you decide to convert the camera to total IR. That is something I will be taking into consideration in the future myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2011 05:45 - 19 Mar 2011 05:46 #2 by crystalcross
Well imagine the timing! Today when I got home from work my IR filters were waiting here for me. I ordered them a bit over a week ago. Very nice!

Only problem, now my camera is having issues. Seems a problem with the battery compartment. I'll have to disassemble it to see if I can fix it. Or perhaps time for an upgrade. I'll choose the cheaper route first.

As for where I got the filters. I purchased them off of E-BAy. I realize that it may not be high quality but they're within my budget. (Cheap - Cheaper)
Last edit: 19 Mar 2011 05:46 by crystalcross. Reason: Left something off.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Mar 2011 18:29 #3 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Oaklawn Cemetery, Tampa Florida
You will love IR CC. Once converted to B & W, the photos come out spectacular. Please post your photos when you get them edited.

I found a couple of sites that talk about IR. My first site was NÆRFOTO Bjørn Rørslett. I don't remember the other ones. Other than that, I don't know many sites that aren't selling something.

May I also suggest this book:

My wife got it for me for Christmas and it got good reviews and has some really good ideas in it. Also, here is the author's website which talks some on IR:

What filters did you buy?

More
18 Mar 2011 16:40 #4 by crystalcross
I'll always love that picture it embodies the word "Haunting" on so many levels.

I've recently purchased a series of IR filters ranging from 700-970nm. I'm hoping they come in soon. I will be using them with a Minolta DiMage 5 camera we found at a thrift shop for a few bucks.

Looking forward to taking some pictures similar to this. There is an entire site on the internet dedicated to IR photography.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Mar 2011 02:59 - 18 Mar 2011 03:03 #5 by Steve
Oaklawn Cemetery, Tampa Florida was created by Steve

This photo is a black and white infrared; shot in Oaklawn Cemetery, Tampa, Florida.

My wife and I always feel something when we visit this place. It is Tampa's oldest cemetery.

There's nothing to see in the photo [that I know of]; I just liked the effect that an infrared filter has on a digital camera. Anyone can do this if you have an old enough digital camera or you've converted your digital camera to IR [infrared].

For some reason, the right side of the photo gets cropped out when I submit.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Mar 2011 03:03 by Steve.

Time to create page: 5.395 seconds

Features