Login

Videos

Paranormal TV -vs- Paranormal Reality

More
03 Jul 2011 23:20 #1 by crystalcross
Grupo,

Thank you so much for giving us an international view on the subject. Its always so interesting to see how these same subjects impact our friends from all around the world.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jul 2011 23:09 #2 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Paranormal TV -vs- Paranormal Reality
Although in Spain there are several programs devoted to the paranormal, only one was broadcast nationally. And honestly even started very well, been losing vigor with time and now does not deserve any interest. I keep hearing that while deciding what or not to issue any program on television devoted to the mystery worth it.

More
03 Jul 2011 21:58 #3 by crystalcross
Everyone, please don't forget to vote on the poll at the top of this thread.

More
03 Jul 2011 21:57 #4 by crystalcross
suzy! Long time no see!

I agree. I think that's why discussion and information sharing is more important now than ever before. Now that many more people are interested, its more important than ever to share information and give all the various views.

More
03 Jul 2011 21:53 #5 by suzq2u
I think it's getting to the point where there are so many paranormal shows out there now with more popping up every season, I don't think people know what to believe. I know what I enjoy watching but I watch those shows for different reasons and not necessarily for a paranormal reason, if that makes sense. I tend to believe that which I experience myself as far as the paranormal goes. I know shows need ratings to survive, I also know that most shows are at the mercy of network executives whose sole purpose is to make money. That being said, your belief system is what you make it. Believe it or not, enjoy it or don't and move on I guess :)

More
03 Jul 2011 19:21 #6 by crystalcross
I think it all boils down to, if you ask 10 people what they think about a show you will get 10 different answers. Everyone watches TV for different reasons and through different eyes. Everything has its place, and as long as people enjoy watching these shows they will remain.

More
03 Jul 2011 18:39 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I enjoy Psychic Kids and some of the other shows where people sit down and tell their ghost stories. I loved Rescue Mediums when it used to be on WeTV. I don't enjoy ghost hunting shows, with the exception of Ghost Adventures, because I do believe Zak Bagan (sp?) does have compassion for the spirits involved with his "investigations." Ghost Hunters--well, I grew up 1/2 hour away from Warwick, RI where TAPS is based and they're douchebag bravado reminds me so much of the people I grew up with. They don't care. They are making money. And Paranormal State, I want to slap the sh!t out of that kid. The episode I saw where he put on some type of helmet that was supposed to make him psychic--oy vey. Are you serious. Dangerous dangerous dangerous. You guys think the ouija board is bad... There was also a British show I used to watch. I forget the name but it was on the Travel Channel. You never actually saw anything, just a lot of people with infrared cameras pointed at their faces, yelling "Bloody hell!" and screaming at every little thing, even when it was just someone tripping on a cable. I stopped watching after seeing in one of their "investigations" that they had not just a Ouija board, but a Ouija TABLE, and were leaving it out, uncovered for who-knows-what to get attached to it. Paranormal Cops was kind of interesting, because they investigated some seedy places, and there's a new one where an antique collector collects haunted objects. My verdict: mostly garbage, some decent stuff.

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jul 2011 18:19 #8 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: Paranormal TV -vs- Paranormal Reality
Great point cc. If you don't already know, I am a, what I like to call, skeptic believer. I know what I experience and I watch plenty of para shows. My thing is this...you can't believe everything ppl tell you on TV. One of the first things that is taught in good investigating groups is debunking or natural causes. Everything isn't always paranormal. I believe the networks add things for ratings and entertainment, of course. All we know is what we see and the interest and entertainment is what gets ppl to watch for the most part. I learn from these shows as well as my own experiences. Thank you for bringing this up and I hope it will open ppl's eyes more.

More
03 Jul 2011 15:47 #9 by crystalcross
Some of the recent topics have lead me to be curious on how our members are polarized in regards to some of the Paranormal TV shows. I know there will likely be a dividing line right down the middle but please respond to the poll at the top of this message as honestly as possible.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds

Features