Login

Videos

Why Are We Involved In The Paranormal?

More
26 May 2011 01:27 #1 by crystalcross

Steve wrote:

crystalcross wrote: "...It (time) does not flow in only one direction, and the future exists simultaneously with the past" Albert Einstein

That's one thing I've known and completely believed for a very long time now. I've always held that time is a dimension just like length, width, and height. You can move your hand left and right through a dimension in space. You're never forced to simply go in one direction, unless of course your on a NASCAR track.

Same is true for time, its just that our minds perceive all things based on the things which have already happened. By the pure nature of the brain, it learns. So all perception is in a uniform forward direction. We perceive tomorrow based on the items we learned today. Remember, all science is based on perception. And all physical laws are put in terms which the mind can understand. Just because we perceive all we know in a linear fashion doesn't mean it hasn't all already happened and somewhere there is some entity which can't look at our entire lives as we look at a branch on a tree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve
  • Steve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 May 2011 01:18 #2 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Why Are We Involved In The Paranormal?

crystalcross wrote: I would have to say for me its a combination of factors. Several experiences which were unexplained starting with when I was 17, most likely set off the bug. But I think a deep desire to explore the unknown is what really fueled it.

My background is in Physics, and I have always had an insatiable desire or rather need to fill in the blanks. I've never been able to just accept that 1+1=2. I've had to prove it, and be able to satisfy my need find the building blocks to make the building stand on its own.

So thats why for me, seeing there is something is great. Believing something exists, is wonderful. But being able to answer the how, why, and prove it is my holy grail. Some would say "you can't measure faith, and you can't prove belief". Well true, but then faith and belief also can't open a cabinet, turn on and off a TV, or roll a ball across a room. There is a physical aspect to all those, and the need to find what that is and how it interacts with our universe, is what drives me in this field.

CC, have you looked at the book called "The Divine Matrix" by Greg Braden. Einstein had a grasp on physics when he said,
"Time is not at all what it seems. It does not flow in only one direction, and the future exists simultaneously with the past" Albert Einstein

More
25 May 2011 23:40 #3 by crystalcross

Steve wrote: Are you involved with the paranormal more for…
1) the thrill seeking fun/adventure?
2) wanting to communicate with the spirits for your own satisfaction and something to tell your friends?
3) the desire to communicate with spirits from more of a spiritual perspective and the desire to educate others of their existence?.

I would have to say for me its a combination of factors. Several experiences which were unexplained starting with when I was 17, most likely set off the bug. But I think a deep desire to explore the unknown is what really fueled it.

My background is in Physics, and I have always had an insatiable desire or rather need to fill in the blanks. I've never been able to just accept that 1+1=2. I've had to prove it, and be able to satisfy my need find the building blocks to make the building stand on its own.

So thats why for me, seeing there is something is great. Believing something exists, is wonderful. But being able to answer the how, why, and prove it is my holy grail. Some would say "you can't measure faith, and you can't prove belief". Well true, but then faith and belief also can't open a cabinet, turn on and off a TV, or roll a ball across a room. There is a physical aspect to all those, and the need to find what that is and how it interacts with our universe, is what drives me in this field.

More
25 May 2011 23:20 #4 by sixsense
Leave it up to Steve, :) ..I'm trying to understand it. I am a sensitive, and I always want to know more. Why do I have these abilities? Why do the spirits come to me? Etc, etc. The questions just never end.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 May 2011 02:49 #5 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Why Are We Involved In The Paranormal?
Thanks guys for the feedback. I was hoping to invoke a response.

More
24 May 2011 19:28 #6 by undertaker1
Awsome question. I would have to say for fun and adventure, only because i am a sensitive and have some psychic abilities, so i see and talk to them now or my answer would be diffrent. I love the paranormal never understood it or my abilities until a couple months ago but now i want the people who don't have my abilities to experience and see what i do to help them believe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: intuitivegal27

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 May 2011 17:32 #7 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: Why Are We Involved In The Paranormal?
Very nice question. I'll have to say 3 mostly and 1 more then 2 but 2 for personal reasons. My friends don't understand and think inside their own box. ( no offense to my new friends on this site :))

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 May 2011 16:41 #8 by Steve
After discussing the issue of the paranormal with a dear friend and the perspective that we share, I thought I might post this question to everyone.

Are you involved with the paranormal more for…
1) the thrill seeking fun/adventure?
2) wanting to communicate with the spirits for your own satisfaction and something to tell your friends?
3) the desire to communicate with spirits from more of a spiritual perspective and the desire to educate others of their existence?

Each answer will yield a different level of results when in the paranormal field.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Features