Login

Posting Credible Evidence

More
30 Sep 2013 02:02 #1 by bergenparanormal
I could not agree more on having a standardized committee. With the amount of time and effort and MONEY we drop into this, there is no reason we could not go this extra step. Time to step it up people!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2013 21:33 #2 by EmilyHillGhostWriter
I agree. The scientific approach is to continue to disprove yourself [peer review] until all theories are exhausted. It would be both interesting and invigorating to see a national conference/convention under the banner ParaUnity that would include standing committees - including a committee on evidence standards.

Unless one is a courtroom wannabe this probably sounds boring; but I think it's necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bergenparanormal

More
29 Sep 2013 02:17 - 29 Sep 2013 02:19 #3 by bergenparanormal
Personally, I feel many of the things being portrayed as "Solid Evidence" is pretty weak. This is not to discredit any team or say I am any better. However, I feel we need to start being more analytic of what we consider worthwhile of displaying for the public. Unfortunately, the sciences are very weak still and many people do not understand the depth of what we do. With ourselves being the exception, the majority of people find the most credible evidence to be photographic which is understandable. Therefore, I don't feel an investigation which claims a location is haunted yet has only orb photographs as evidence is a justice to our progress. A great photo is near impossible to come by. A credible orb photo is hard to come by especially when it wasn't shot as a pair. All I am saying is in respect to the progress of our field as a whole, I believe the community should make a conscious effort to scrutinize evidence harder before publishing it as fact. Your thoughts?
Last edit: 29 Sep 2013 02:19 by bergenparanormal.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Features