Login

Videos

Question for Paranormal Investigators

More
12 Oct 2012 14:35 #1 by DebPSPI
I would like new investigators to know that respect is foremost.
Respect for their clients and team members, respect for the spirits at any location.
Respect their privacy as you would your own.
Do not be afraid to say so when you come across a situation you cant handle and refer them to someone who can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2012 03:57 - 12 Oct 2012 04:00 #2 by iburyem
Very true, evidence will not always be gathered every investigation.

I think it is wise to have a list of questions you would like to ask, written down prior to arriving at your investigation.

Good equipment to start out with are simple items like Digital or Analog Recorders, a decent camera and a EMF Detector, and thermals are staples... everything else is kind of optional in my opinion, they are nice for affirming or backing up evidence but are not sole tools, such as the K-2, "Ghost Box", laser grid, EM Pump, dowsing rods, Infa-red/night vision equipment is nice, but for those that are starting out a cheap game camera will work .

Good one Josh, respect is a BIG thing I think a lot of people forget about!

I think people tend to over romanticize and sensationalize paranormal investigation, it is NOT like being on T.V. , you sit for hours upon hours, in darkness, things don't always fly, touch you ect. There are hours upon hours of analyzing evidence a 6 hour investigation can take days to go over of pure dedication IF you do capture evidence.

I think its important to stay focused, and clear in your intentions with each investigation, with both yourself, the spirits, the individual and or families you are helping as well as what you are trying to accomplish with your investigations. Paranormal Investigation, does not have a written handbook of rules, but in my opinion it shouldn't be to seek thrills, bragging rights or the like.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2012 04:00 by iburyem.

More
10 Oct 2012 13:54 #3 by BHPI Josh
Know that you won't find evidence every investigation. Another important point is being respectful to everyone, clients, other groups, even the spirits that are being sought after. Find a group out there that is successful and doing things the right way and see if they would be willing to help or mentor you. Groups that care about the field like finding people out there that are just starting up and like to help.

More
10 Oct 2012 11:54 #4 by Wes_Forsythe
I am working up some notes for an upcoming show episode...

The show is about what NEW investigators need to know or have before they go out in the field. So the question to new investigators is "What would help you?" and the question to experienced investigators is "What do you wish you knew then that you know now?"

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

Features