Login

Videos

New Jersey couple frightened into lawsuit

More
17 Apr 2012 21:52 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Oh, I'm not upset with you Paula. Just trying to explain my take on this situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 21:41 #2 by Peek-A-Boo
I only posted the update because I thought some people may want to know the newest details :(

More
17 Apr 2012 20:41 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
It doesn't really matter to me whether the place is haunted or not from a legal perspective. As CC mentioned, if we as a paranormal community aren't even together on what constitutes as evidence, and the scientific community have not come to a solid conclusion to whether or not paranormal phenomenon is real, then how is this admissible in court? It's not like he left them with lead paint or a faulty septic system. A house being haunted isn't illegal.

More
17 Apr 2012 20:18 #4 by Peek-A-Boo
UPDATE:
Ever since this story hit the web about an alleged haunted house in Toms River, a lot of people have been trying to get to the bottom of the story. Is this local house actually haunted?

The Asbury Park Press first reported late last week on a local couple who are renting this home. Shortly after they moved into the house, they say that they started experiencing strange, and scary happenings. They called in paranormal research groups who said that the house is haunted, and are now suing their landlord.

As you know from Ocean County Paranormal, right here on WOBM.com, I have been on a number of investigations with the Garden State Ghost Hunters. While GSGH has not been to this property and can’t speak on the validity of any of these claims, it’s worth pointing out that it is rather unusual for a paranormal research group to categorize a location as being haunted from a single investigation. Is This Toms River House Haunted? [Video]

More
15 Apr 2012 04:21 - 15 Apr 2012 04:38 #5 by iburyem
lol.. seriously... wow.. yep wayyyyyyy to much time on the tele!

Although there was a case in New York State Stambovskys VS Ackley , sued over not being told the house they were going to buy was haunted, and the judge ruled in their favor saying that Paranormal Activity would not likely be seen on a home inspection.. they could possibly reference this case.. I know there are more out there, but its few and far between.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2012 04:38 by iburyem.

More
15 Apr 2012 02:02 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
They don't even allow any clues given by credible, experienced psychics who've worked with the police for decades as evidence into court--sorry but this sh!t will never fly. And on the flip side, just strikes me as odd they didn't try to seek help before deciding to sue the landlord.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
15 Apr 2012 01:41 #7 by crystalcross
Ok, now I have a few things to say about this. It bothers me that this is the direction things are taking, but I'm afraid its inevitable. Its very similar the the post I read the other day about paranormal crime being on the increase.

First off, many of you know that I'm very much a believer in the things that go bump in the night. But I have to say that any court in the land that would allow this to fly, is asking for trouble. The paranormal field can not even agree on what is considered evidence, and has nothing concrete yet. So we are still light-years away from being able to use it as proof in the courts of law. If this case is allowed, then what is next. "I didn't kill them, a ghost did it!". Absurdness!

Is the family actually being haunted? Perhaps, I'm not saying they're not. But should this hold up in a court of law, no. It certainly should not.

The phrase slippery slope comes to mind...

More
15 Apr 2012 01:29 #8 by Peek-A-Boo
that family watches too much TV, what a scripted excuse LMAO

More
15 Apr 2012 01:21 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys

More
15 Apr 2012 00:20 #10 by oicu812
Wow! Thanks for sharing! Thats interesting, but also odd. I understand if someone was wanting to get out of lease agreement because of paranormal activity. To file a lawsuit though? lol crazy odd, cant wait to see what the judge says!

Time to create page: 8.891 seconds

Features