Videos

Little Shop Photo

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Apr 2012 01:09 #1 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Little Shop Photo

crystalcross wrote: Ok, every time I see this topic on the list of forum topics on the left I instantly think "Feeeeeeeed me, Seymore! Feeeeeed me!"

Anyway, that having been said. I would want to use extreme caution going down this road. I think its so easy for it to become a "Trick the Investigator" type of thing. Although I do like the idea of a library of comparative photos. Somewhat of a baseline. Just like police have mug-shots, it would be great for investigators to have comparison photos. Great idea!

We would never try to trick the investigators CC. When I posted the pic at first, I let everyone take a look at it and explained a little bit about it. I did this to see what folks would say; no type of tricking involved. Then I explained how we got the effect. If we keep it honest without bringing any false claims, I think it'll help educate people.

Sometimes people are too quick to see a photo as paranormal. That's where the technical knowledge comes in. But I would rather people look at it and try to process what they see rather than for me to tell them up front.

I will put this photo in a "photos of the non paranormal kind" album as I think it would be a great addition and I encourage all of you to contribute your best non paranormal pics as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 01:02 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Steven Matrix wrote:

Tresses Of Nephthys wrote: Ok I did think there was something weird about this picture. The dots seemed too patterned. Not really your typical "orb" pic for sure. Thought maybe it was those meshy Christmas lights or beads or something. I figured you'd have an explanation. Thank you for posting it. It's good to learn from all of these types of photos.

Do I act like an orb photographer to you??? Lol. That's the grid that CC set up Tress. Putting up the fakes as well as the real will be a good thing.

Haha noooo. Actually the first thought was that you were putting up that picture that you were talking about, but then I thought, no he said that was one giant orb. Like I said, I knew there was something odd about this picture, but I've never seen a light grid so I didn't know what to make of it.

More
13 Apr 2012 00:46 #3 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Little Shop Photo
Ok, every time I see this topic on the list of forum topics on the left I instantly think "Feeeeeeeed me, Seymore! Feeeeeed me!"

Anyway, that having been said. I would want to use extreme caution going down this road. I think its so easy for it to become a "Trick the Investigator" type of thing. Although I do like the idea of a library of comparative photos. Somewhat of a baseline. Just like police have mug-shots, it would be great for investigators to have comparison photos. Great idea!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Apr 2012 00:37 #4 by Steven Matrix

Tresses Of Nephthys wrote: Ok I did think there was something weird about this picture. The dots seemed too patterned. Not really your typical "orb" pic for sure. Thought maybe it was those meshy Christmas lights or beads or something. I figured you'd have an explanation. Thank you for posting it. It's good to learn from all of these types of photos.

Do I act like an orb photographer to you??? Lol. That's the grid that CC set up Tress. Putting up the fakes as well as the real will be a good thing.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Apr 2012 21:25 #5 by Steven Matrix

MIKE_EVP wrote: i understand what you did here steven im glad someone stood up and acutaly did this without nameing names lol its good and bad the good is shows how people can just put pic by pic up all the time and there always right but then again might discourage some with good evidence not to put theres up but im with you on this 100%

What I'm attempting to do here Mike is to demonstrate what isn't paranormal. I understand what you're saying about discouraging some people from posting. I hope it educates more than discourages, not to mention the fact that if we were to develop a database of photos of "This photo is caused by" and show what can be explained, many may very well come to recognize what should be dismissed and be more sensitive to what should be researched.

More
12 Apr 2012 21:09 #6 by MIKE_EVP
Replied by MIKE_EVP on topic Re: Little Shop Photo
i understand what you did here steven im glad someone stood up and acutaly did this without nameing names lol its good and bad the good is shows how people can just put pic by pic up all the time and there always right but then again might discourage some with good evidence not to put theres up but im with you on this 100%

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Apr 2012 19:51 #7 by Steven Matrix

iburyem wrote: I was going to say it wasnt paranormal.. but withheld... lol

If you had, you would have been correct. I'm going to throw curve balls from time to time in stuff that I post and hope that some of you guys in the field do the same.

I think it can do nothing but help to educate people.

Having said that, I'll send a photo to CC where it appears that one of the lights from the grid has a trail. That's a little odd, but will make for good discussion.

More
12 Apr 2012 18:44 #8 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: Little Shop Photo
I was going to say it wasnt paranormal.. but withheld... lol

More
12 Apr 2012 15:26 #9 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: Little Shop Photo
The green lights are a laser grid. We use them in BHPI for catching shadow movement. Thanks Steven for posting this. I saw it before you posted the explanation and withheld comment.

More
12 Apr 2012 15:09 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Ok I did think there was something weird about this picture. The dots seemed too patterned. Not really your typical "orb" pic for sure. Thought maybe it was those meshy Christmas lights or beads or something. I figured you'd have an explanation. Thank you for posting it. It's good to learn from all of these types of photos.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds

Features